Autopsy 2018 Rd 16 Bolton's Battered Blues Belted By Brisbane *Play Nice*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
C’mon Thy even u must be extremely dissapointed by today.
I am trying to find a shred of sunshine and I can’t.

I want to punch B.B. in the face and publicly execute all development coaches.

Seriously I would not have a qualm in doing both at the moment.
course I'm disappointed, Bb - ultimately it's a game - you'd think some of these posters had just had their pet dogs rotary-hoed into the lawn.....

I don’t blame SOS. He’s picked up same great young talent. Maybe Weitering will struggle, maybe McKay won’t make it, but SPS, Charlie, Dow, LOB, Willo (don’t forget him) and even Cunners when he gets a go have plenty of talent.

If I blame him it’s for picking up fourth rate players like Mullet, Smedts, Shaw, O’Shea, Lobbe. (I rate Lang, but he was woeful today).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/
Will he put on weight? Another small easily pushed off the ball by men might not compliment our list. He dominates amongst his peers but we need to make sure on this point.
good question

You reckon this was worse than the game against the Dees? The one where we lost by 107 points?

You are wrong, and I don't even think that was the worst point, which I'd put somewhere around round 6 last year against Port, where we were insipid with a young squad but Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps and Kreuzer all playing good footy and our back 6 working for once.

As for this game, I say this every single week; why oh WHY do people continue to get surprised at where we're at? Did people expect Brisbane to lie down and just kind of let us win? Did they expect the game to progress in a different fashion once they got on top? Did they expect Brisbane to be an easy beat even at their home ground, the ground where they beat Hawthorn easily up there?

We are not very good at football this year. We're bad. Accept it, and you'll feel a little better. The games we'll win will be from fragile sides the next rung up, who take it easy against us and we sneak a win against them, rather than beating up on sides around our level. Watch the matches instead for signs of progress from the younger players that will be better than their mentors soon.

Samo was great early, but looked like he got switched to the back flank late. I'd prefer to see him play onball all day; he's clean and he tackles hard. Fish was a bit lazy early, but built into the game and his running kick to Graham was classy. LOB tries really hard, and is willing to keep going even if he makes a mistake, which are fantastic traits for a young player. Jack needed to find more of it, how long did it take to switch him into the midfield, he looks great when he's in there. Weitering was terrific for most of the match, why people started tearing into him is entirely beyond me. Marshbank played early like he'd missed nothing, but he marked the ball by slotting in front of Hipwood, and when he stopped Hipwood became unstoppable. Kennedy was terrific early, faded but stayed consistent for most of the game. Charlie is getting tunnelled, and it's the only way they're ever going to stop him; the AFL needs to do something about this ASAP, to avoid players getting seriously injured as a consequence.

Pickett was quiet, and looked stuffed most of the match. Polson did some terrific things, and is worth persisting with, but we needed more tackling from him today, he only laid 2. Lang took some severe short steps, and he doesn't look fit enough.

We needed another option to kick to other than Charlie, and we needed to adjust to their switching play far better than we did. That they milked high contact and the umpires seemed to believe that Cripps and Charlie lack backs, necks, heads, and arms in their adjudication makes it feel far worse, but ultimately this is where we're at.

Deal with it in your own way.
So flat after that game.
No effort. Brisbane totally out-worked us.
No hard running.
No hardness shown.
No respect for the jumper or their team-mates.

Poor old Charlie and Cripps. As highlighted above. Charlie absolutely hacked all game - could have and should have had 5-6 frees but all ignored by the umpires. Their taggers also scragged, hung on to Cripps all day, particularly after each possession - but no frees. Would not have changed the result but so demoralising to watch and added to the frustration/helplessness of both players.

So disappointed in Lang - soft and lazy.

What is it with injuries during games? Phillips going down affected our entire structure. Writers and Marchbank injured again. We cannot take a trick.

Well done to Ed and Kennedy for never stopping trying.

This is a serious question.
Is there a way, say one of those change.org petitions, that we can can get hundreds of Carlton supporters to sign a petition to send to the AFL for proper assistance?

The club is deluded if it persists with its declared intention to not ask for assistance!
Where do I sign .... no faith in those running the club .... they live in fairy land

course I'm disappointed, Bb - ultimately it's a game - you'd think some of these posters had just had their pet dogs rotary-hoed into the lawn.....
Doing random hill on the exercise bike @ the gym and laughed out load ...

This is a serious question.
Is there a way, say one of those change.org petitions, that we can can get hundreds of Carlton supporters to sign a petition to send to the AFL for proper assistance?

The club is deluded if it persists with its declared intention to not ask for assistance!
Afl will step in no doubt that’s why we asked for no PP,reverse psychology.

Hard to take but we will be alright. Got to have faith in Bolts and SOS to build this team the next few years. Just think of the scrutiny if the Giants had as many fans as us as they built their list........SOS has us in that mode.......Giants are finals contenders every year now

Why do we try and play this zone defence?

And why do we play it so poorly? Has it been coached at all over pre-season? I've never seen us play it well.
Yep agree, Bolton’s has a large set of nuts to keep trying it with this cattle as it will cost him his job. Ps maybe he can’t coach it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we just get Mckay in and leave him in there. Might as well give him some experience leading into next year. We are shot!
Plus curnow needs another target up there for support.
This.
Who cares if he has a bit of swagger/attitude.

Blood and bone works a treat!

Actually, a few Carlton players were rotary-hoed into the Gabba turn today. Lots of green shoots on the way ... for them.

Mine have been pinging on and off for the last twelve months, too. Haven't injured them doing anything other than sleeping; it's irritating as hell.

Did mine falling off a ferry and getting yanked back on board by the arm. You lose all strength and motion in the arm.

Finally getting back to around 90 percent. Such a slow recovery on them.

Yep agree, Bolton’s has a large set of nuts to keep trying it with this cattle as it will cost him his job. Ps maybe he can’t coach it
I am seriously beginning to question him .... seems to know what he is talking about but has no clue as to how to put it into practice

Will he put on weight? Another small easily pushed off the ball by men might not compliment our list. He dominates amongst his peers but we need to make sure on this point.

Pretty similar situation to Dow I would of thought? Genuine inside/outside mid who'll take time and needs to put on weight, but should develop into an elite impact player. I think Walsh has got the X-factor to start off a forward-flank and then incrementally increase his midfield minutes.

Not really a discussion for this thread though

Why do we try and play this zone defence?

And why do we play it so poorly? Has it been coached at all over pre-season? I've never seen us play it well.
Because none of our players have the physical ability to match or better our opposition one-on-one. We're a mess.

Murphy should be seated next to bolts to answer questions.The only reason he re-signed is because he got bugger all offers from other clubs.

Yep exactly, take the captaincy off him and let him enjoy his last years, we need leaders like Cripps, CC.

Making a call on him is the hardest thing to do in football.

There's as much chance he is a terrible coach as there is that it's the cattle he has to work with. We just have to bide all this time to wait and see when we finally have a competitive list in 2 years. But then maybe we've wasted 5 years with a guy who cant coach.

Green shoots alright, of weeds more like it.....apart from Cripps, Fisher, SPS, Simpson, Docherty and the Curnow boys... some of which are trees, get the weed killer out...over this positivity speak of Bolton...you can polish a Turd as much as you want, its still a Turd!!!...there is Rotting forming either we do someting about it early, or it spreads and takes down our beautiful Blues.....i know i know, we have injuries no pre-seasons for some players etc, i have heard it all before, 3 year of a rebuild and backwards we go....today getting mauled by a team we should be on par with.....players showed clearly they were over it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back