News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 22 vs Carlton 1978...
That was one of my favs VDS66......Late August sunny day....35 K jammed into Moorabbin....Rex Hunt goal umpire impersonations…..one R.Muir throwing cut lunches in front of the Social club.

We toweled the Blues up that day but from memory.......we missed the finals by 2 points.

That was one of my favs VDS66......Late August sunny day....35 K jammed into Moorabbin....Rex Hunt goal umpire impersonations…..one R.Muir throwing cut lunches in front of the Social club.

We toweled the Blues up that day but from memory.......we missed the finals by 2 points.

We were a great side that year. The Essendon cost us so much. One year later Patterson was sacked. Just brilliant with coaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'm sure Dennis Collins remembers it well.

Imagine a young Muir in the modern era with support, professionalism and the whole anti racism thing.

Poor Jack Billings. Looks like he really doesn't want to be there. He doesn't seem to have much imagination in front of a mic, which might be why he doesn't seem to like it. Not much of a talker. Tim is a bit of a surprise, though.

The host is a bit over eager, but I guess he's good at getting the players talking.

No the publicity from what I remember
Spot on there plugger....after the infamous "animals game"...…..which from memory we just fell in in front of another full house at Moorabbin...….the media went berserk the next day.

The Sunday Press had a huge front page Banner screaming...."Animals".....referring to us.

The club simply imploded after that game.......Big Carl disappeared up bush for weeks and we copped some dreadful hidings over the next 2 months.

Remember being at Princes Park for a 100 point hiding...another 100 pointer at the Western Oval(Templeton kicked 15 goals.....and even that was a complete farce)

We did come good I think in the last 6-7 games.

The host is a bit over eager, but I guess he's good at getting the players talking.
Damien the host could talk underwater....for that reason he makes a great host....he tries to pry every bit of info out of the players.

It was a very enjoyable night and yes....Members is quite a character.

Spot on there plugger....after the infamous "animals game"...…..which from memory we just fell in in front of another full house at Moorabbin...….the media went berserk the next day.

The Sunday Press had a huge front page Banner screaming...."Animals".....referring to us.

The club simply imploded after that game.......Big Carl disappeared up bush for weeks and we copped some dreadful hidings over the next 2 months.

Remember being at Princes Park for a 100 point hiding...another 100 pointer at the Western Oval(Templeton kicked 15 goals.....and even that was a complete farce)

We did come good I think in the last 6-7 games.
That was the game I realised Sidebottom had no ticker and no brain.
Cleaned up Neagle/Some other guy in front of the Social Club, then went to ground clutching his elbow.
1. Nasty way to hit someone - using the elbow. Particularly someone who came up to your waist and,
2. Once he did it, he clutches his elbow. Like: hello umpire. This is what did the damage. Dumb as two bricks. No wonder Saintforce Investments went belly up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the game I realised Sidebottom had no ticker and no brain.
Cleaned up Neagle/Some other guy in front of the Social Club, then went to ground clutching his elbow.
1. Nasty way to hit someone - using the elbow. Particularly someone who came up to your waist and,
2. Once he did it, he clutches his elbow. Like: hello umpire. This is what did the damage. Dumb as two bricks. No wonder Saintforce Investments went belly up.
Yes he was a sniper. Turned marshmallow as soon as Carl left.

Yes he was a sniper. Turned marshmallow as soon as Carl left.
God, I have not heard that word used to describe a footballer for ages.
But so appropriate: Sidebottom was an absolute sniper and I had no difficulty seeing him at either Geelong or Fitzroy.
Alan, on the other hand, wasn’t a sniper.
Would have really liked to have seen more of him but it wasn’t to be.

Imagine a young Muir in the modern era with support, professionalism and the whole anti racism thing.
Bobby coulda been a contender. Sublimely talented. I rate him up there with Skilbert McAdam and Nicky. What a wasted talent

Alan, on the other hand, wasn’t a sniper.
Would have really liked to have seen more of him but it wasn’t to be.
I remember a mid week players night in the rooms at Moorabbin where I saw far more of Alan than I wished I ever had

From memory we req'd the Lions or Cats to lose, enabling us to play in the finals if we somehow could knock the Blues.
Carlton had been red hot, but our physical presence around the ball was the difference..
I've got fond memories the day we knocked the Bluebaggers off in 87..
Plugger kicked 10.7 on SOS, who incredibly was their best player..

From memory we req'd the Lions or Cats to lose, enabling us to play in the finals if we somehow could knock the Blues.
Carlton had been red hot, but our physical presence around the ball was the difference..

1989 I think. Greatest game by one player I have ever witnessed. 10.7 out of13.18 on the full back of the century

1989 I think. Greatest game by one player I have ever witnessed. 10.7 out of13.18 on the full back of the century

Yes Round 2 1989. My old man gave Craig Bradley a spray on the outer wing that was picked up by the broadcast, lol.

We lost Carl and Young at the end of 78 and never recovered as we then lost Rob Elliott, Greene and Perovic.

Yes Round 2 1989. My old man gave Craig Bradley a spray on the outer wing that was picked up by the broadcast, lol.
I remember I was in the rooms when they were interviewing Jezza. Against Richmond. A draw and we climbed out of bottom place.

Got my head on TV and got the absolute crap kicked out of me on Monday at school. Lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back