News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

on the couch, garry analysing saints dees, basically highlighting how we out worked them. good viewing. we seem to be shaping up as a team that can really gut run, which is obviously important on the g. saw it v gold coast, west coast and second half of the freo game too. people say we don't have a trademark, well we can start with that. we will out work you. opposition teams will hate playing us. gut runnin aint fun

starts around 3:48

Wow, an analysis of our game that is completely Melbourne-centric... it's almost as if two of the four commentators were a former Demon captain and coach.

Such an amazing game. Thanks for posting.

That was my grand final.
I never truly recovered to properly complete the rest of the season.

Ahhrrrrr goodness me I do enjoy an icy cold Carlton Black to kick off my Friday knock.

GWS have been sniffing ever since he got drafted. Would be an absolute travesty to let him go.
I have a different take on this George.

GWS are the AFL's newest team and are very important to the competition, being located in a most populous Australian Football worshipping heartland.

Those diehard supporters have suffered through years and years of hardship without even once seeing their beloved Giants on the MCG on the last Saturday in September.

The AFL know that they can't take this fanatical support for granted and will surely act to ensure their stoicism is finally rewarded.

They may choose to assist the club by ensuring they have access to a talented young player. For as well as they've done to date, this team simply cannot continue to be competitive if they are denied access to any player who has a contract with a rival club.

For this reason I think we could be at some risk of losing Gresh.

But when you think of the greater good that would come from it, from the pure enjoyment and hope it would provide to those Blacktownians and Parramattians, well I'm sure even the most hardened Saints supporters would wish nothing but the best for them.

#goodbyegreshandgoodluck

I don't see Gresh wanting to move to Sydney. He is a Melbourne kid who does spend a lot of time with his younger brother. He will get more money and attention staying in Melbourne.

Nah; loves a falafel

GONE!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jude Bolton - 'I think Tom will be the best McCartin in the family'

Based on what, clown? Haven't watched Game Day in ages and with good reason apparently. Daisy Pearce is the most nervous person on television and offers nothing frankly. Jude Bolton is a wash up, and does Hamish McLachlan still host it normally? Don't even get me started on him.

Typical Sydney arrogance - Jude Bolton said on Game Day that he thought Tom McMartin will be the best player from the family. Tom is playing as a 3rd tall and not getting balls dumped on his head.

Having said that I would like to see Paddy play with more urgency and aggression. Start hurting the players filling holes in front of him and chase like he actually expects to catch the player he is chasing. It must be frustrating playing against 2 or 3 opponents, but at times he looks like he is just going through the motions.

Jude Bolton - 'I think Tom will be the best McCartin in the family'

Based on what, clown? Haven't watched Game Day in ages and with good reason apparently. Daisy Pearce is the most nervous person on television and offers nothing frankly. Jude Bolton is a wash up, and does Hamish McLachlan still host it normally? Don't even get me started on him.
Pretty fair comment, Have you watched Paddys efforts when he is needed to chase and put pressure on, my god either the most unfit player in the AFL or the Laziest. We are a man down with him in the forward line.
He is in his 5th year need to stop making excuses for him pressure and 1%s dont take talent just effort

Pretty fair comment, Have you watched Paddys efforts when he is needed to chase and put pressure on, my god either the most unfit player in the AFL or the Laziest. We are a man down with him in the forward line.
He is in his 5th year need to stop making excuses for him pressure and 1%s dont take talent just effort
Have you seen Tom.

Uninspiring vanilla nothing playing in a good team as third banana.

Has shown SFA.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a different take on this George.

GWS are the AFL's newest team and are very important to the competition, being located in a most populous Australian Football worshipping heartland.

Those diehard supporters have suffered through years and years of hardship without even once seeing their beloved Giants on the MCG on the last Saturday in September.

The AFL know that they can't take this fanatical support for granted and will surely act to ensure their stoicism is finally rewarded.

They may choose to assist the club by ensuring they have access to a talented young player. For as well as they've done to date, this team simply cannot continue to be competitive if they are denied access to any player who has a contract with a rival club.

For this reason I think we could be at some risk of losing Gresh.

But when you think of the greater good that would come from it, from the pure enjoyment and hope it would provide to those Blacktownians and Parramattians, well I'm sure even the most hardened Saints supporters would wish nothing but the best for them.

#goodbyegreshandgoodluck
Kill spetchamen.

Should be our next Captain

Fantastic.

Absolutely. Thanks for posting.
I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Jake and what he’s been through, but what a growth experience it’s been. We are very lucky to have him.

its a ripper

its a really good re-cap of everything he went through. it didn't shy away from anything. it shows a side of jake thats not popular thinking. he obviously cares and his on field performance has been very good. he feels like a saints player now. i think he is incredibly important to our success.

the great thing about him is i think he's relate-able to a lot of young men. not every player is going to be a fyfe or dangerfield or gaz and be squeaky clean. hell fyfe seems a bit aloof and a self confessed introvert. i think you need guys like carlisle to be in a side in a leadership role. you need a knock about lad. a bloke who can stand there and say openly "i know what its like to be a young man in an AFL club. i have made mistakes. here is where i went wrong. here are things you can do to make sure you don't make the mistakes i did. here is what i have learnt"

its why i think hodge was just as important to hawthorn as say mitchell. most people couldnt relate to mitchells approach, where as they could relate to hodge.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back