News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I don't really know if this counts as Saints Media but **** it, deal with it.

I'm gonna list our times for the rest of the year:
Sat arvo vs Port (4:05pm on the site, fuxked if I know thats Adelaide time or normal time)
Friday night vs Carlton
Friday night vs Richmond (Maddy'd match)
Sat arvo 4:35pm GWS vs Saints
Sat Night vs the Dogs. Sydney vs Pies is on too, so I suppose that'll be on Channel 7.
Fri night Essendope vs Saints
Sat night Saints vs Hawks, Suns vs Lions on too, so I bet we're on TV
Round 23 us vs North but it's not known when.

So we're on TV a whole lot for the rest of the year. It's time for us to stop looking so ****ing shit. It's time to look like a team that could do with a decent free agent.

So I don't really know if this counts as Saints Media but **** it, deal with it.

I'm gonna list our times for the rest of the year:
Sat arvo vs Port (4:05pm on the site, fuxked if I know thats Adelaide time or normal time)
Friday night vs Carlton
Friday night vs Richmond (Maddy'd match)
Sat arvo 4:35pm GWS vs Saints
Sat Night vs the Dogs. Sydney vs Pies is on too, so I suppose that'll be on Channel 7.
Fri night Essendope vs Saints
Sat night Saints vs Hawks, Suns vs Lions on too, so I bet we're on TV
Round 23 us vs North but it's not known when.

So we're on TV a whole lot for the rest of the year. It's time for us to stop looking so ******* shit. It's time to look like a team that could do with a decent free agent.
Thank god we have just found some form heading into two Friday night matches

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...tivation-to-win-mccartin-20180702-p4zozr.html

"It's always good to get one up on the Dees. We've had a bit of a rivalry since I have been here. Obviously our season isn't going the way we wanted it to, but we saw from today we want to try and take the chances we can and put a few runs on the board," McCartin said.

"We spoke about it during the week, actually, that there's been that bit of rivalry [because of the list progress comparisons], and I think we'd beaten them for 10 years in a row [between 2007 and 2017] so they always came at us pretty hard – so yeah, it's great to get this win.

"Richo spoke about it [the rivalry] but I think you don't need to say much. You know when there is something going on and they got us pretty good earlier this year and we wanted to get one back on them."

Spot on there plugger....after the infamous "animals game"...…..which from memory we just fell in in front of another full house at Moorabbin...….the media went berserk the next day.

The Sunday Press had a huge front page Banner screaming...."Animals".....referring to us.

The club simply imploded after that game.......Big Carl disappeared up bush for weeks and we copped some dreadful hidings over the next 2 months.

Remember being at Princes Park for a 100 point hiding...another 100 pointer at the Western Oval(Templeton kicked 15 goals.....and even that was a complete farce)

We did come good I think in the last 6-7 games.

It was the Essendon Prez that called us animals...

THE ANIMAL ENCLOSURE

'After a fiery game in 1978 Essendon president Colin Stubbs described the Saints as “animals” and the fans embraced the tag. A small area fenced in between the umpires and St Kilda players’ races was known as the “animal enclosure” and was home to the most rabid fans including a young Mark Fine, now a radio presenter on SEN.'

And Robbie Muir was an unbelievable player. With the support for indigenous players nowadays and the vilification code he would be a superstar. Decked Ray Shaw at Moorabbin one day for very good reason but was reported and suspended. These days he would get off and Ray Shaw would get a year. Probably happened to Robbie every game. Hell of a player....but a hothead. Don't blame him frankly. A different time, but sad.

Had to put this here for the young ones.

How's the commentary? Peter Landy?

One thing I find fascinating is how the commentary responded to Muir clocking that Carlton player - with joy! :tearsofjoy: Compare that to the very 'tut tut' approach to that kind of thing among the commentators of today.

One thing I find fascinating is how the commentary responded to Muir clocking that Carlton player - with joy! :tearsofjoy: Compare that to the very 'tut tut' approach to that kind of thing among the commentators of today.

Pretty sure the way we act today is better. Imagine if Muir actually hit him. Missed him by that much as 86 would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paraphrasing: Joey was talking about his wife’s pregnancy/going into labour. Hall said the doctor delivering is a good looking rooster which made Joey worried. Then said the doctor might lick his fingers after doing an internal procedure. The audio is floating around.
Hausa what a dirty prick obviously has spent WAY to much time around footy clubs!!!

Paraphrasing: Joey was talking about his wife’s pregnancy/going into labour. Hall said the doctor delivering is a good looking rooster which made Joey worried. Then said the doctor might lick his fingers after doing an internal procedure. The audio is floating around.
To be fair Joey was explaining it himself which wasn't great in itself.
And someone else asked him to explain it.

Pretty bad from everyone involved really.

on the couch, garry analysing saints dees, basically highlighting how we out worked them. good viewing. we seem to be shaping up as a team that can really gut run, which is obviously important on the g. saw it v gold coast, west coast and second half of the freo game too. people say we don't have a trademark, well we can start with that. we will out work you. opposition teams will hate playing us. gut runnin aint fun

starts around 3:48

on the couch, garry analysing saints dees, basically highlighting how we out worked them. good viewing. we seem to be shaping up as a team that can really gut run, which is obviously important on the g. saw it v gold coast, west coast and second half of the freo game too. people say we don't have a trademark, well we can start with that. we will out work you. opposition teams will hate playing us. gut runnin aint fun

starts around 3:48

Illustrates how hard a runner Sinclair is.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back