News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intrusion. Reiwoldt very telling on 360 tonight. Said Lethlean shouldn’t be making blanket statements guaranteeing Richo. Said the club should keep its options open. Was also flat out asked if Richo should coach next year and didn’t back him.

He is an honest fella Rooey. Did not want to pot Richo, but clearly wasn't going to endorse him. Clearly, Rooey would prefer Richo out, and reading between the lines, I reckon he thinks there is a decent chance he will be gone at the end of this year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08...y-comments-on-suggestions-of-a-priority-pick/

so geary's running our list strategy now? saying we shouldn't be going for a PP. cheers mate but I'd argue you've already done enough for the club in your role as captain, no need to work overtime
Not his call fortunately. Not sure why they get so touchy about it. You'd think everyone at the club gets the Plague if we are given a PP. Part of our list troubles are our fault. But we were rebuilding during a time of heavily compromised drafts. Plus we are facing the problem of all lower end clubs in that FA is just not working. Thus we have a list full of middle range talent. Very little in the way of stars. The table of Top picks has us very low indeed. Irrespective of the fact that we could have chosen better.

Middle men: Your team's centre-square stars
Staff writers
Aug 15, 2018 7:37PM

Players used 23 Saints have attended a centre bounce in 2018.

Ruckmen
2018 ruck attendances (top two): Tom Hickey (285), Billy Longer (116)
Centre square hit-outs per game (minimum five games): Billy Longer (9.6)
Centre square hit-outs to advantage differential (team): -0.5 (11th)

Onballers
Most common ruck-rover combination: Tom Hickey-Seb Ross (21)
Most used midfielder at centre bounces: Jack Steven (408)
Centre clearances won (team differential): -0.2 (ninth)
Centre clearance king (minimum five games): Jack Steven (2.8)

ANALYSIS: When young star Jade Gresham has been in at the centre bounce, the Saints have a plus-5.7 per cent differential for how often they send the ball inside 50 compared to how often they concede an entry. The numbers aren't good for David Armitage in that regard, going at a negative 5.7 differential, perhaps explaining why coach Alan Richardson has had the onballer line up at both ends of the ground. Luke Dunstan finds himself out of the team, possibly because St Kilda has lost 4.6 per cent more clearances than it has won when he is in for the centre bounce. – Dinny Navaratnam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way he avoids answers... Political career beckons.
He certainly does...…...Rooey would make a great politician.

He says a lot but really doesn't say anything that you can get yr teeth into.

Love to sit down and have a coffee with him and have an "off the record" chat.

Whats he meant to say?
"yeah, we know our list is crap. I mean, they made me captain so imagine how bad the rest of the players are".
We know our list isn't where it needs to be, we bottomed out during heavily compromised drafts and haven't landed any marquee players in free agency due to their want to go to clubs contending for a premiership, ultimately that's directly affected our club, makes the strong clubs stronger and does nothing for clubs in our position. I am fully supportive of a priority pick given the predicament us and other similar clubs are in.

*i mean im just some idiot on a forum, you'd think the captain of a club would think about this stuff just a little

Sorry for the intrusion. Reiwoldt very telling on 360 tonight. Said Lethlean shouldn’t be making blanket statements guaranteeing Richo. Said the club should keep its options open. Was also flat out asked if Richo should coach next year and didn’t back him.
If Riewoldt starts publicly criticising Richo and the club that could be the tipping point. He'll only want what's best for us but won't mince his words either which I like. The club are too nice. These last few days have been the first where I've seriously thought we could be ****ed. No one knows what the hell is going on down there.

It's all well and good the likes of Joey, Roo and Dal potting the club from their positions in the media, but the question is, who is going to come in and actually help and do something about it?

the thing that really frustrates me about the gears thing is, we've been supporting and following a club for the past 7 or so years that has been largely uncompetitive. We have no real marquee players. Imagine if that priority pick nailed us a slider like hill, or someone with real x factor that gave all of us something to cheer about over the next few years while we're floundering in no man's land. Imagine how crap this year would have been if we didn't have gresham. It's not about gears, or the club trying to be 'tough', it's about giving supporters something to hope for, and emotionally invest in, because it's been pretty grim pickings of late.

It's all well and good the likes of Joey, Roo and Dal potting the club from their positions in the media, but the question is, who is going to come in and actually help and do something about it?
Yes I agree. But they are now in the media and will be asked these questions so they have to answer.

That said, if they believe they can do better then they should either piss or get off the pot.

I would like to see Hayes or Harvey back at the club in a coaching position and even Milne and Gehrig in positions / really think the young guys would like the past champions back including Lockett / that would boost membership as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back