News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with what Grant had to say. I think the club has overall gotten off lightly so far this season, but seems to be all blowing up now. GT is not one to be backwards in expressing his opinion.
Yes Cartel....GT was/is one who never takes a step back.

With a bit of luck....someone may post his article on here.

Nicky Dal on SEN with Andy Maher right now laying into the preparation / standards and development etc at the Saints today in comparison to what they went through.

Absolutely fascinating insight to hear and a huge indictment on the club as to how much better the development is at a lot of other clubs.

Essential listening. ( Hope someone at the club is also listening) Please can someone download the link?
Here you go

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=264490

Nicky Dal on SEN with Andy Maher right now laying into the preparation / standards and development etc at the Saints today in comparison to what they went through.

Absolutely fascinating insight to hear and a huge indictment on the club as to how much better the development is at a lot of other clubs.

Essential listening. ( Hope someone at the club is also listening) Please can someone download the link?
Big indictment on our "highly regarded development coach". Can't claim Dal isn't ITK on this one.
The cogs are turning!!

AFL 2018: St Kilda could be set for mass off-field changes at the end of the season
AFL
  • August 15, 2018 6:26am
  • by Staff Writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

dbb18e6271044a018227853f2311a11f

THE BOARD

Wilson said the most significant off-field change during the off-season would occur at board level.

President Peter Summers could be forced to step down one year ahead of schedule, with Wilson alleging that factions were being formed in a bid to oust Summers.

“I think it’s a power struggle going on at the St Kilda footy club, certainly at board level within and without the board,” Wilson said.

“What we do know is there will be pressure on Peter Summers to step down a year before his term says he should step down. And there is strong opposition as to who should be the next president.

“There’s a faction backing Jim Watts, the former (St Kilda) CEO and former AFL consultant. There’s a faction backing (Seek co-founder) Andrew Bassat.
Could be a late contender...

4si5h3.jpg

It was a great listen. But he is wrong about John Donehue. Donehue is at the club right now, so his point about him being an influence is redundant.

Anyway plenty going wrong with the current state of things at the moment.

It was a great listen. But he is wrong about John Donehue. Donehue is at the club right now, so his point about him being an influence is redundant.

Is the chaos still coming or will it all be alright George? Please tell us the club isn't trading Billings

Future CEO material i think. If he and Rooey become involved at board level, I think we will be in safe hands.
i actually think Rooey on a board level would be perfect ... i think due to the whole pull of heading to the missus home regularly would prevent him realistically being involved in the day to day of the club but from a board level his time would not be as much taken up ... the question is if thats something he has ambition to do especially so soon out of playing

gee the media are really sticking the boots in now, giving us worse publicity than Carlton. Feel like trying to create negative story like Fitzroy

It's like they laid off all year and now the full force is coming all at once.

look i dont know about what is better and what not but i do know there comes a time where the old practices do get updated .. i remember the older guys (harves, Gtrain Thommo ect) used to think the upstarts like Dal Rooey and all were a little differant to the time they came up and the way they went about things ... im sure this is no differant ... i havent been in the inner sanctum for some time now but from what i saw the other night in the pre-game coverage the way the team prep before running out is very very diferant to what i witnessed in my days down there ... is it a good thing is it a bad thing who knows we are certainly losing more now but then we dont have the team we once had either ...

In a bizarre kind of way i welcome the scrutiny and criticism that comes with it.

Whilst it feels a bit like the "bad old st kilda" days, a bit of accountability for some of these peanuts might be the rocket they need. I'm sick of being a basket case of a club

But is he running the same program George? Or is he cleaning the dunnies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a bizarre kind of way i welcome the scrutiny and criticism that comes with it.

Whilst it feels a bit like the "bad old st kilda" days, a bit of accountability for some of these peanuts might be the rocket they need. I'm sick of being a basket case of a club

I know what you mean, but would rather it be someone else.

But is he running the same program George? Or is he cleaning the dunnies?
Doing the same thing he was doing at club years ago. He is a martial artist and has taught teams like All-Blacks the philosophy behind tackle and aggressiveness. He joined us same week we beat Melbourne.

Is the chaos still coming or will it all be alright George? Please tell us the club isn't trading Billings
Club isn't trading Billings
And this is why they shouldn't. No young players should traded for having not fulfilled their potential. After all, if their developers have been so bad, how could they have fulfilled their potential? Change the coach, I think some of our more disappointing players might surprise us all.

Think it actually shows some professionalism.
There was a plan by this admin. It has failed.

Heads must roll all over the organisation.

Good.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

gee the media are really sticking the boots in now, giving us worse publicity than Carlton. Feel like trying to create negative story like Fitzroy
In what way?
We have gone backwards massively this year, the list has pretty much no-one (except Gresh) with star quality on it, hardly any trade value, everyone can see our coach shouldn't be there, we've already sacked assistants and now board members have started to resign.

The media isn't making up or building this story into something it isnt. We are in a shit place right now and they are talking about it, and I'm happy they are.

We aren't special, Port in their tarps days copped it, Brisbane copped it, Carlton continue too and essendon rightfully copped it massively. If anything we normally get let off lightly from the media due to being a smaller club. Getting everything we deserve right now.

And this is why they shouldn't. No young players should traded for having not fulfilled their potential. After all, if their developers have been so bad, how could they have fulfilled their potential? Change the coach, I think some of our more disappointing players might surprise us all.

Yes that’s why I really think the better 3/4/5 year players should be largely untouchable. They have not had the great development we were expecting from a supposedly excellent development coach.
The other thing Dal said was the appointment he really wanted to see was a skills coach. Spot on, we’ve all said ad nauseum how bad our skills are!

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back