List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dont care if we get Menzel the point is we cant get any pick or FA wrong, thats the very reason we are in this mess POOR list management and getting to many picks wrong.
The fact that our list is in such poor shape that we are looking at players like Roughead & Menzel is a joke and people should stand down from their jobs and board
I agree that Roughead is probably a downgrade on the two we have at the moment. Would much rather Lycett who we are also after.

Menzel is a good addition mate. Can't have 40 stars on the list. He would be 110% an upgrade over someone like Nathan Wright who most likely will be delisted at seasons end.

Stuff Roughead, so far you've got...

IN:
Lycett
Hannebery
Menzel

OUT (for arguments sake):
Wright
Hickey/Longer/Pierce
Minchington

I reckon we would've done well. Can't see us getting it wrong if we made those moves to be honest.

What I'm more worried about is the draft. We need to nail that.

Apparently we are in for an end of 1st round PP.
We can use that for Hanners, and either use #3 for a high dp or trade for two dp's in the first round.

If that played out and we got all we are after

Pick 3 ( or 8 and 19)
Hanners
Menzel
Lycett

and probably others on the horizon.

Things are moving at the Saints

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm so stoked. I can't wait to win the trade week premiership again :eek:

One day we might use our trade week premiership to actually do something during the season proper ;)

We've got Goddard, Austin & Clav waiting in the wings with Roberton coming back next year as the intercept player. Brown contracted for next year too. Don't think a backman is really a need unless it was someone like McGovern who is a massive upgrade on what we have. Roughead is just another meh player, would rather just develop our own guys.
Goddard and Austin both wont get anywhere near rougheads level in my view and thats saying something. There's a reason Port allowed Austin to leave and there's a reason Goddard has not got a game so far this year. Fan of Clav but fair way off it right now as well. Just do not think adding a mature, strong and experienced premiership player can hurt us in any way if it doesn't cost us a draft pick. Just my opinion tho

I'm so stoked. I can't wait to win the trade week premiership again :eek:

One day we might use our trade week premiership to actually do something during the season proper ;)
So what do you want us to do? Nothing?
I really think some are only happy when they are miserable

Goddard and Austin both wont get anywhere near rougheads level in my view and thats saying something. There's a reason Port allowed Austin to leave and there's a reason Goddard has not got a game so far this year. Fan of Clav but fair way off it right now as well. Just do not think adding a mature, strong and experienced premiership player can hurt us in any way if it doesn't cost us a draft pick. Just my opinion tho
Kinda like how the dogs would allow roughead to leave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great to see they are looking at everything - doubt we will get Lycett because Port are after him and he is a croweater , but if we got him we could get rid of 2 rucks
Menzel highly skilled even if he could play half a season it would be a boost to our kids
we have many spots on the list to fill and one on him would not hurt

All I’m saying is that we seem to ‘win trade week’ every year & it hasn’t gotten us anywhere. As for being miserable, I’m not miserable, I’m a realist - Unless we get rid of Richo, we’ll go nowhere. I mean, we could have GWS’s squad & still struggle to make finals.

Chopping & changing the playing list is great & certainly warranted. The players listed certainly improve the group, but I don’t see how a pressure based gameplan helps us with these slow players included in the squad.

Your opinion have completely different one .

Was concerned with Goddard , but his last month of football very very good .
Like Austin a lot , should be playing a lot next year .

With Austin , Clavarino, Carlisle , Goddard , White , hopefully Newnes I know others like McKenzie prefer these
guys they all can kick long distance with Rice , Roberton as defensive group .
Hopefully Ross is Captain next year and Geary plays at Sandringham all year.
Would be trying to trade Savage as has currency this year ,Newnes would be there too but currency
for potential trade this year not as high .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back