List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you just know we will stuff it up a long history of doing so
Like pick 5 and 26 for Carlisle and Gres.

Last top 10 we traded for players.

Or pick ten, for Long, Battle and Clark.

As usual you are spot on, we always stuff it up.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

sydney fishing for the god father offer. we are probably stupid and desperate enough to give it up too

Doubt Libba would do it , fishing exercise cast net wide see what happens .
Think Sam talking to Big Footy Swans fans myself , no one will be talking picks until Oct .

Roughead could play down back... him and Jake at FB and CHB i would be happy with for the next 3-5 years.
Didn’t we have to trade out of this years draft for 2 tall backs last year. Goddard isn’t even getting a go and is surplus apparently. We are completely off the charts with desperation to look busy.

Your opinion have completely different one .

Was concerned with Goddard , but his last month of football very very good .
Like Austin a lot , should be playing a lot next year .

With Austin , Clavarino, Carlisle , Goddard , White , hopefully Newnes I know others like McKenzie prefer these
guys they all can kick long distance with Rice , Roberton as defensive group .
Hopefully Ross is Captain next year and Geary plays at Sandringham all year.
Would be trying to trade Savage as has currency this year ,Newnes would be there too but currency
for potential trade this year not as high .

As for StKilda selection this year a dart board would have better results been appalling.

Selection integrity a myth this year ,Lethlean has mentioned it several times in recent times as not good

So the strategy is to scoop up every free-agent ruck in the competition to drive up Hickey and Longer's trade value???

A lot of dart throwing happening methinks
Lycett is South Australian and Port Adelaide are chasing him as well as us.
Roughead likely backup if Lycett knocks us back.
But both the above are FA and allows us to get picks for our current Rucks.
Also with our team currently 3rd from the Bottom and playing atrociously,and holding 1 pick in 50's and 2x picks in 60's after our 1st Round Pick, begotr Trade Period i cannot believe some people on this thread are complaining about approachesee have made to the FA that have been mentioned.
They will replace players that are
I agree that Roughead is probably a downgrade on the two we have at the moment. Would much rather Lycett who we are also after.

Menzel is a good addition mate. Can't have 40 stars on the list. He would be 110% an upgrade over someone like Nathan Wright who most likely will be delisted at seasons end.

Stuff Roughead, so far you've got...

IN:
Lycett
Hannebery
Menzel

OUT (for arguments sake):
Wright
Hickey/Longer/Pierce
Minchington

I reckon we would've done well. Can't see us getting it wrong if we made those moves to be honest.

What I'm more worried about is the draft. We need to nail that.
Also,still think Adelaide may play a role in the Trade Period as i think they will chase an early pick to try and snare one of Lukosius or Rankine.
Are we still keen on McGovern.
Dont think he will go to Gold Coast,so maybe Carlton or us will be involved

Honestly haven’t given too much thought to this - so bare me, don’t tear me.

If Adelaide are keen to pick swap. Would we do their pick 8 & 19 or there abouts for pick 4.

Swap pick 8 for Hanners & another decent player if available, say Lloyd?

Or just the 19 for Hanners, that I’ve seen thrown around?
Lmao. This is a sick joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we are in for an end of 1st round PP.
We can use that for Hanners, and either use #3 for a high dp or trade for two dp's in the first round.

If that played out and we got all we are after

Pick 3 ( or 8 and 19)
Hanners
Menzel
Lycett

and probably others on the horizon.

Things are moving at the Saints

I would be very happy with this haul. I would be happy for our rucks to be Pierce and Lycett.

Of most concern to me is NOT using our 1st DP on Hanners, but doing either option of splitting into 2 lower 1st rounders or keeping it. I am nervous about the Hanners trade, but only about using our 1st DP to secure him. Have come around to taking the salary hit if we don't pay much for him.

I am somewhat relieved after reading the Herald Sun article quoting Lethlean about Hanners, as it seems Lethlean is happy to own the decision, and to be transparent by highlighting that he known Hanners well, and can talk directly with him. Still doesn't guarantee Hanners ability to be able to add significant value to our list in 2-3 years, as there is a big difference between passing a medical, and being able to perform in the AFL in 2020, but still, I am happy to wait and see what we come up with.

mcgovern paid the same amount as his previous contract at wce

the only difference is the 3rd party payments. he's now effectively sponsored from a construction company that only builds HJ stores

The whole system is a joke, the salary cap is practically meaningless for most of the clubs in the top 8 currently.

Yep, Hanners and Lycett would be list cloggers.

Lycett is a good option as a FA, Hanners not for a trade especially if we down grade our first pick or trade it directly. Roughead makes Hickey look like a gun and completely not close to needed, Menzel was shopped around last year and no one wanted him. We need top tier talent and we are going after bulk average players and one that used to be good.

Lycett is South Australian and Port Adelaide are chasing him as well as us.
Roughead likely backup if Lycett knocks us back.
But both the above are FA and allows us to get picks for our current Rucks.
Also with our team currently 3rd from the Bottom and playing atrociously,and holding 1 pick in 50's and 2x picks in 60's after our 1st Round Pick, begotr Trade Period i cannot believe some people on this thread are complaining about approachesee have made to the FA that have been mentioned.
They will replace players that are

Also,still think Adelaide may play a role in the Trade Period as i think they will chase an early pick to try and snare one of Lukosius or Rankine.
Are we still keen on McGovern.
Dont think he will go to Gold Coast,so maybe Carlton or us will be involved
We are talking to Crows & Dees about 1st Rd picks.

Lycett is a good option as a FA, Hanners not for a trade especially if we down grade our first pick or trade it directly. Roughead makes Hickey look like a gun and completely not close to needed, Menzel was shopped around last year and no one wanted him. We need top tier talent and we are going after bulk average players and one that used to be good.

How about we wait and see what the offers actually are before going off the deep end?

Oh wait... you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back