2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think he's more likely to leave the announcement until after the B&F especially if he's leaving because he's the probable winner?
I would be staggered if this goes on for another two weeks when both clubs are out of finals.

I might be completely wrong I just like to think we could be mature about the whole thing and waiting until the BnF wouldnt be unnecessary

I've brought it up above but I see no reason for him to wait till the BnF, Hannerbery has announced his plans without the BnF. He's going to the Brownlow on our behalf and I like to think we'd be mature about the whole thing and recognise its the industry. Dummy spits like Adelaide (Lever) and GC (Lynch/O'Meara) do nothing but make the club childish. I do think its more likely than not he's leaving. The BnF would be ridiculously late with the trade period about to open

I think the difference is none of those others you’ve mentioned are odds on to win theirs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FREMANTLE has set its sights on Richmond's Reece Conca as it attempts to lure more home-grown talent across the Nullarbor.

AFL.com.au understands the Dockers are offering Conca a multi-year proposal to become a starting midfielder as uncertainty continues over Lachie Neale's future in the west.

While Neale is contemplating a long-term deal from Brisbane despite being signed to the Dockers for 2019, Conca is out of contract at Punt Road come season's end.

Dockers circling out-of-contract Tigers mid - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-17/dockers-circling-outofcontract-tiger-reece-conca

5 and 25 for Neale
25 for Conca

Freo get 5 and Conca for Neale?

Conca is a free agent
Source: Reece Conca's agent. Richmond have an effective system, but even then I have no idea how Conca gets a game. He's so bad.
Agree, for me it'd be Josh Kelly > Lachie Whitfield > Stephen Coniglio > Tom Scully > Dylan Shiel.

I'd just about take Jacob Hopper, Tim Taranto and Will Setterfield before Shiel, all a few years younger with great upside, Setterfield will be an absolute gun IMO.
No way to all of this. Scully? Nope, and especially not with his recent injury issues. He might be an effective outside runner but that's all. Taranto looks promising, Setterfield's torn his acl and Hopper's struggled big time with injury- plus he looks fairly run of the mill anyway. There seems to be some sort of underrate Shiel bug going around after that final.

I would be staggered if this goes on for another two weeks when both clubs are out of finals.

I might be completely wrong I just like to think we could be mature about the whole thing and waiting until the BnF wouldnt be unnecessary

I don't see why Neale needs to say anything at this stage really. He's been a great club servant and handled his career professionally and looks like he will be right up to trade period. Seems a very mature approach.

Source: Reece Conca's agent. Richmond have an effective system, but even then I have no idea how Conca gets a game. He's so bad.

No way to all of this. Scully? Nope, and especially not with his recent injury issues. He might be an effective outside runner but that's all. Taranto looks promising, Setterfield's torn his acl and Hopper's struggled big time with injury- plus he looks fairly run of the mill anyway. There seems to be some sort of underrate Shiel bug going around after that final.
Scully you're probably right, on Taranto, Setterfield and Hopper they are all very young and Taranto has been great, Hopper I have really liked the look of his inside work, he's not a stand out highlight package type though. Setterfield I haven't seen a lot of lately so going off his pre draft hype and limited vision, love the glimpses from him.

On Shiel, I thought he was very underwhelming in both finals which is a concern, the elite players should stand up in finals, Whitfield and Coniglio were very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we aren't offering him over 1 mill a season tho
I don't think we would be, Noble was noted for not over paying players at the Crows.

I think it'll be heavily front loaded though to allow for cap space in a few years when our young guns start getting into the sweet spot of their careers.

I don't think we would be, Noble was noted for not over paying players at the Crows.

I think it'll be heavily front loaded though to allow for cap space in a few years when our young guns start getting into the sweet spot of their careers.
Did u notice some of the crow players left? He may have learned from his mistakes?

Nixon also saying Josh Thomas to GC even though he just signed a three year deal with the Pies. That would have to be a hugeeeee offer to get him out of Collingwood. Said it before though, would love Thomas at the Lions. His family is based in brisbane and he has actually kicked more goals than Hipwood so far this year. (with 2 extra games however).

Nixon also saying Josh Thomas to GC even though he just signed a three year deal with the Pies. That would have to be a hugeeeee offer to get him out of Collingwood. Said it before though, would love Thomas at the Lions. His family is based in brisbane and he has actually kicked more goals than Hipwood so far this year. (with 2 extra games however).

May for Thomas would be roughly even wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back