2018 Trade and FA thread (opposition supporters post in Trade Hypotheticals thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said Ross was an inside mid fielder so keep your knickers on. I was pointing out you can look at players with the stats you want then recruit on vale from there. Why are you always so aggressive? These sites keep us entertained because people can express their views if you don't like them then just don't reply or at least be respectful. I've not misinterpreted the data, it's the data I chose to use to look at to create a comparison of players and of course different people will look at it different ways. I was using the data to see who got their hands on the ball first and used it well and of course lots of different players will get caught up inn that table. That doesn't mean its misinterpreted its just how I interpreted it. Its just data after all players accumulated across a season from where ever they played on the field.
Well said table shows him ranked 7th across the board anyone thinks he wouldn't be a great addition to our list has rose coloured glasses on

For anyone talking about stats and delving deep, have a look at Luke Dahlhaus numbers this year.. Some of the craziest weirdness I have ever seen..

So many uncontested handballs and low metres gained low tackles low inside 50s and low shots at goal.. Quite a puzzling statistical resume: averages like 8m per possesion but the majority are uncontested!

Wow, quite a reaction. The problem is that you seem about as focused on pushing the idea that Ross is an inside mid using that table as your bulls would've been on keeping their testicles, and really can't let go of the idea that he isn't.

Yes you have, a heap of times:

That's why people are sick of seeing the table - you're using it to push an incorrect idea. It's simple enough to update the table to remove the issue (to be honest I would be very interested to see the updated table but I can't figure out how to "total" stats on the AFL's site), but then Ross would drop off it.
My point exactly, you can select the categories you want but then cant drop out players that don't play in the position your looking at so you get other players from other position who just happen to have some of those stats and everyone thinks your comparing everyone on the chart as the same position player

Over the past few days, I’ve heard that more Geelong players are considering a move to Brisbane.....Mccarthy, Thurlow and another player who’s in the cats best 22. Who would you want to add from the cats?

Over the past few days, I’ve heard that more Geelong players are considering a move to Brisbane.....Mccarthy, Thurlow and another player who’s in the cats best 22. Who would you want to add from the cats?
Geelong is to Brisbane
as
GWS to Carlton;)

Menegola.

At least some of GWS’ players linked to Carlton are actually decent players (noting they’ve also recruited a couple of average ones). Same can’t be said of us though.
I think if you delve deeper you may be surprised how generous Geelong has been to the Lions current list. I said Geelong not the Cats.:D

Oh no, can we stand Bruce mangle Menegola. Has he ever pronounced his name correctly?

Not a big problem with the limited FTA coverage we get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said table shows him ranked 7th across the board anyone thinks he wouldn't be a great addition to our list has rose coloured glasses on
It’s combining those 3 stats in a way that I’m not sure any of us know to say he is 7th. That doesn’t mean he is 7th across the board.

No one has said he wouldn’t be a good addition, have just pointed out that he’s not an inside midfielder or the 7th best midfielder

Last edited:
It's great that we have players from Geelong wanting to come to us, but it's mainly the players that can't get a game in their best 22, are injured or out of contract. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back