2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably being a bit harsh on Paine there. Smith clearly wanted to review it, Cummins doesn't seem to have much of a clue about them and then there's Dopey Dave at 1st. Shit team effort on that one.

Man, don't remember 100% but wasn't there a Test where O'Keefe bowled like a bajillion overs when Maxwell was in the side? Perhaps Smith was traumatised by the time he got Mr 'Tuk-Tuk' Misbah-ul-Haq the fastest Test century with his pies.

I feel anyone wanting Smith back as captain is not recalling his captaincy tactics all that well.

I think that was the test where they talked before it about how Maxwell's bowling ability was one of the reasons they were keeping him and then they didn't bowl him.

But like how marsh was vital to the team balance but only bowled a few spells a test normally when the game was out of reach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm loving Cummins' energy, enthusiasm and talent on show at the moment. This is why he's the #1 in the world. It's a shame this is his 6th over on the bounce so he'll probably struggle to bowl too many more and the pressure will be released...

I think Botham is right in his analysis of Warner's 1st slip position here... not wide enough based on how well standing a bit wider worked in the last couple of tests.

The slips cordon was doing the old hands on knees very late as well, and are still doing it. Maybe it's a new technique.

I think Smith might have talked him into that review, too (or at the very least confirmed his cognitive bias)... Cummins didn't look happy the whole time, yet again.
The biggest thing that pisses me off about Paine's captaincy is how often that seems to be the case though. Either getting talked into something or seeming to just wait around for someone to suggest something. If he backed himself more it would be less annoying, even if the output was the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back