List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn't miss the 8 next year if we tried & or 2020 1st alone will probs be later than Pick 20. We'd be getting a free 2020 3rd.
Again I’m not sure the 2020 academy stuff and Father son is as great as made out. Lystics podcast had 4-5 in the top 20

I’m here for this. Watch this kids highlights, I’d be happy to trade our a Future first for a late teens pick to get this kid in our system.
Teams are desperate to trade into the first round, no team will trade out of it, if we trade our 2020 1st it will be for a mid 20’s pick.

i think we are saving the trade of our first in 2020 until draft night so we can guarantee a player we want for the pick and if not potentially keep it?, as taking a pick before just temps clubs to bid on Maginness before that pick and ruin its independent value.

Last edited:
The stuff about smith completely untrue
Revisionist stuff. Smith was a total unknown playing country footy. Played like 4 games including the semi against us along with one david hale. Both moved to hawthorn the next year.

Smith was unknown quantity came out of the blue many were surprised we picked him when we did.

Totally false there were heaps talking about him going to us and especially in the media as we had the team to take a punt on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally false there were heaps talking about him going to us and especially in the media as we had the team to take a punt on him.
Taking a punt is exactly my point he was an unknown given the small sample data

We have spoken to pickett in the last few days!
On the footage I have seen of Pickett I would say he is almost a Poppy clone.

Short, fast, strong, hard body, likes to tackle and is physical. Has fast reflexes, is explosive, takes hangers, has terrific goal sense and makes split second decisions faster than most.

An impact player who's influence cannot be measured in stats. Seems like a perfect fit for us and our, new look, land of the giants forward line.

I hope we land him but I think a few other clubs are keen on what he brings to the table. A rare talent.

Before everyone jumps in, I deliberately didn't compare him to cyril because there'll never be another cyril.

There is now a fair chance that by the end of the first draft night the Hawks could have two top 20 kids plus Finn for small change.

That’s why.
Currently we have pick 11, 42 and we want to get Finn too. There is too much to play out, we will see what the club does on draft night.
The system is too complicated. It makes it even more complicated to link to next year. If we think we need Stephens with pick 11, is there
such gap with Sharp or someone else similar that can go in the range 25-40, we could possibly have 3 good players instead of 1, for example
Gould. I think pick 21-23 is about right to get Finn, if earlier there will be other better options. Brisbane's 21,29,34 seems better than just 11,
if pool of good players lasts till about 45, then make sense. Adelaide's 22,23,37. I like the idea of Melbourne dropping back 2 spots to get another pick 28. How funny would it be if player with pick 28 ends up being better or more important to Melbourne than pick 8?

We need a minimum of 8 A graders to be serious about competing at the pointy end of the season. During our recent era we had 10+ on our list. Right now we have 6, two of which are unlikely to improve on previous performance. We need to add / develop a minimum of 2 more in the next 2 years and hope that some of our B and C grade players become B+

What? He was A grade when we drafted him, hence we traded a first round pick. He was best on ground in a losing grand final. For whatever reason, he wanted a trade to us so Sydney were forced to deal. Brad Hill wanted a trade to Freo and we let him go for peanuts. That's footy.

No, but it doesn't mean our system can't develop them to become a top 10 pick when you look back at the draft retrospectively.

Our definition of A and B grade players might be different. If you look at Richmond, take out Martin/Lynch on Grand Final day and they had even performance from rest of the group, which puts rest of players into B grade. To me, you can win a premiership with B graders. Picks 23-40 in this years draft represents B graders to me. If someone has multiple selections in the group, then gives themselves more chance and there is chance some of those B graders become A graders with time. The risk of A grader is more to injury, wanting bigger pay packets, leaving the club. Richmond were bottom 4 when had 4-5 A graders but unfortunately some C&D graders, they have sustained success since they improved their bottom 6.

Do we need Elijah Taylor when we are banking on Ross and walker to make it ? He seems very similar to them.

My order for our first
Robertson just because he seems the safest bet to play 200 games , isnt polished but has the will and leadership qualities to succeed .

Serong if he slides we pull the trigger surely has been rated highly all year . Everyone might think Lovell because of his size but i see more of a devon smith , he is strong has agility and is explosive off the first couple steps . Can also kick goals .

Stephens for obvious reasons is a need and may be one of the few left who have been rated highly all year . He worries me slightly because his championships weren't anything special and I feel he does everything well rather then have standout traits . His ability to move into the inside on occasions at the back end of the year was positive .

Trent rivers as a bit of a bolder . he is clean , moves nicely and is a perfect size. Showed at the champs he can play an attacking half back role and did so very well, then moved back into the middle for East Fremantle and avg above 25 possesions while also kixking goals in 2's and 3's.

i think we are saving the trade of our first in 2020 until draft night so we can guarantee a player we want for the pick and if not potentially keep it?, as taking a pick before just temps clubs to bid on Maginness before that pick and ruin its independent value.

💯. We now have flexibility and all bases covered thanks to our trade with Kangaroos.

I assume we have a club lined up and ready to do business re our first pick next year if needed on draft night.

💯. We now have flexibility and all bases covered thanks to our trade with Kangaroos.

I assume we have a club lined up and ready to do business re our first pick next year if needed on draft night.
Mate you really need to recoup your old login details. I chuckle every time I see Lickmesocks 😂

I'm of the opinion that Kysaiah Pickett looks like he'd fit better at Hawthorn than Taylor.

As many others have already stated I think we've already got a fair few small-medium forward marking types like Taylor, where as Pickett looks like he could bring something to the squad that we don't have heaps of i.e. that pure speedy small pressure forward type

Whereabouts in phantom drafts/almanacs do people have these 2 going, and would we be able to snare Pickett in the 30s/40s does anyone reckon?

I'm of the opinion that Kysaiah Pickett looks like he'd fit better at Hawthorn than Taylor.

As many others have already stated I think we've already got a fair few small-medium forward marking types like Taylor, where as Pickett looks like he could bring something to the squad that we don't have heaps of i.e. that pure speedy small pressure forward type

Whereabouts in phantom drafts/almanacs do people have these 2 going, and would we be able to snare Pickett in the 30s/40s does anyone reckon?
A raft of clubs keen on Pickett. Dees could pounce at 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back