List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty confident it’ll be either Stephens or Kemp from what I’m hearing, Kemp we’ve been big on for a bloody long time and would be hard to pass up. The emergence of Finn has probably muddled the waters a bit as he looks like developing into a genuine inside bull, If no bid comes for Finn and both Kemp and Stephens are there I can see us going Stephens. Just an opinion but I know we’ve been massive on Kemp so who knows.
The media are frustrated that we are giving them donuts. Based on them talking to opposition recruiters they seem to think we will take Weightman or Bergman but if we don’t leak than no idea on what they base that on.

so rumour has it that the top 15 will look something like this, obviously just rumours so take it with a grain of salt.

1. GC - Matthew Rowell
2. GC - Noah Anderson
3. Melb - Luke Jackson
4. GWS - Lachlan Ash
5. GWS - Tom Green (matched bid from syd)
6. Syd - Sam Flanders
7. Adel - Fischer McAsey
8. Frem - Hayden Young
9. Frem - Dylan Stephens
10. Carl - Caleb Serong
11. Frem - Liam Henry (matched bid from melb)
12. Melb - Kysaiah Pickett
13. Haw - ?? (players left over to consider, Kemp, Robertson, Gould, Sharp, Rivers)
14. Port - ??
15. West - ??

Would be good if we could pick up Kemp then did a trade to pick up one of Robertson,Gould,Sharp,Rivers.

Pretty confident it’ll be either Stephens or Kemp from what I’m hearing, Kemp we’ve been big on for a bloody long time and would be hard to pass up. The emergence of Finn has probably muddled the waters a bit as he looks like developing into a genuine inside bull, If no bid comes for Finn and both Kemp and Stephens are there I can see us going Stephens. Just an opinion but I know we’ve been massive on Kemp so who knows.

Have two tall midfielders would be tempting.

Rumour- and it’s only a rumour. IF ....massive IF...Kemp and Stephens both available for Pick 11
then we will select Kemp leaving Port to pick Stephens with Pick 12.....the byproduct being they will trade Pick 18
to us for our 2020 1st round pick !?

Make of that what you will !?

i actually doubt Stephens will last that long.
So we select Kemp with Pick 11 (or whatever that ends up being)?

Then we get 18 from Port by trading them our 2020 1st?

Then we use the rest on Finn?

Merry Christmas!!!!

Then we use the

Merry Christmas!!!!

Then we use the rest on Finn?

Merry Christmas!!!!
Geelong are tipped to bid on Finn at 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could wait until after that happens to do a trade for 18 though right?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Would mean us using 18 on Finn or missing out on him & being stuck with 3x Picks in the 40's & 50's that we'd hoped to use on him

The media are frustrated that we are giving them donuts. Based on them talking to opposition recruiters they seem to think we will take Weightman or Bergman but if we don’t leak than no idea on what they base that on.

images (2).jpeg

I can't see us taking Weightman for a moment. I think Mark McKenzie is straight forward and he has said we will choose best available. If the choice is between Kemp and Stephens I would have thought Kemp wins that debate. Most running phantom drafts, if they are ranking talent rather than where the draft will fall, have Kemp well inside the top 10 and ahead of Stephens. Brodie Kemp come on down!

Nice to get off the mark too as a newbie!

If that is your mail then Hawks need 16 from Port not 18 and sweeten deal somehow. Think we will have all machinations covered. Depending on who is left / slides then passing on FINN could be an option (highly doubt)
No mail, just what most journos are thinking

I can't see us taking Weightman for a moment. I think Mark McKenzie is straight forward and he has said we will choose best available. If the choice is between Kemp and Stephens I would have thought Kemp wins that debate. Most running phantom drafts, if they are ranking talent rather than where the draft will fall, have Kemp well inside the top 10 and ahead of Stephens. Brodie Kemp come on down!

Nice to get off the mark too as a newbie!

i have noticed the AFL media and some fans from other clubs are connecting us with duds and hoping we make bad decisions in the draft, i wouldnt trust the AFL media as far as i could throw it (maybe its to do with the number of * and Geelong people in the media in recent years?)

if we take Weightman with 11 i'd be annoyed

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back