List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would we be targeting around 18 in your opinion mate? Obviously dependent on who’s taken earlier but have you got any names?
Throw a blanket over a bunch. There are quite a few good prospects who aren’t top 10 material but should be available at that pick. I’d say we will watch for a player we really like who has being picked and trade only if one of those types is still available.

i have noticed the AFL media and some fans from other clubs are connecting us with duds and hoping we make bad decisions in the draft, i wouldnt trust the AFL media as far as i could throw it (maybe its to do with the number of * and Geelong people in the media in recent years?)

if we take Weightman with 11 i'd be annoyed
None of the players we have been linked to are duds (at this stage)

Pick 42, 50 & 54 is enough. The maths has been done.
If we trade a future 1st for a pick this year then it'll likely be as the team we want to trade with is on the clock therefore no chance for a bid.
Obviously I forgot we had picks 50,54. Thanks.

Now Herald Sun are running a story that Harry Jones is a cross between Nick Reiwoldt and Jack Gunston. The cover is blown.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Harry has unbelievably shot up the draft boards after being pretty poor throughout the NAB, probably has a lot to do with the fact we picked him out a few years back. The club has put a ton of work Into Harry, we’ve been regulars at the Jones dinner table if you get me.

I think it’ll be hard to get him now.

Harry has unbelievably shot up the draft boards after being pretty poor throughout the NAB, probably has a lot to do with the fact we picked him out a few years back. The club has put a ton of work Into Harry, we’ve been regulars at the Jones dinner table if you get me.

Half the reason I think we want to get back into the first/ early second before someone else picks him .

i have noticed the AFL media and some fans from other clubs are connecting us with duds and hoping we make bad decisions in the draft, i wouldnt trust the AFL media as far as i could throw it (maybe its to do with the number of * and Geelong people in the media in recent years?)

if we take Weightman with 11 i'd be annoyed
Weightman isn’t a dud btw. It’s just that in this draft he’s a reach at pick 11.

But might be worth it in the long run, most of the players we trade in we have been keen on from their draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 90 odd players drafted will be super players according to their clubs on the night! Especially the players drafted by Carlton and St.Kilda, remember it’s their Grand Final.
#FistPump

Any talk of Port trading any of their first round picks is complete stupidity. Why would they trade their 2020 first round pick for pick 18 to only trade pick 18 for our 2020 first round. That's is one of the stupidest things I have seen on this board and anyone who perpetuates it is an embarrassment. We will be lucky to get Richmond's pick 19 or Gold Coasts pick 20.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any talk of Port trading any of their first round picks is complete stupidity. Why would they trade their 2020 first round pick for pick 18 to only trade pick 18 for our 2020 first round. That's is one of the stupidest things I have seen on this board and anyone who perpetuates it is an embarrassment. We will be lucky to get Richmond's pick 19 or Gold Coasts pick 20.

It isn't necessarily stupidity. Every move that a club makes has an intention behind it, so if the player(s) that they were looking at for Pick 18 were gone by that point they might be more amenable to it.

Not saying it'll definitely happen but it's not at all one of the stupidest things said, or embarrassing.

so we take into the draft 4 live picks (with 2 if we need them), usually we go 38 out of a possible 40 and take 2 extra rookies, so in laymans terms we will draft 3 players on our list and 3 rookies and pick up Hartley in the PSD

Pick 11 - best available
Pick 17-25 - Finn Maginness bid matched
(Trade first in 2020 for a pick around 20) - player we are keen on
Pick 42 /\ - used to match Maginness bid
Pick 50 (Pass) - used to match Maginness bid
Pick 54 (Pass) - used in PSD to pickup Hartley, but also used for points to match Maginness bid

(63, 73) Pass

RESULT: 2 players inside top 30 and Maginness + Hartley in PSD and 3 rookies

so we take into the draft 4 live picks (with 2 if we need them), usually we go 38 out of a possible 40 and take 2 extra rookies, so in laymans terms we will draft 3 players on our list and 3 rookies and pick up Hartley in the PSD

Pick 11 - best available
Pick 54 (Pass) - used in PSD to pickup Hartley, but also used for points to match Maginness bid

(63, 73) Pass

RESULT: 2 players inside top 25 and Maginness + Hartley in PSD and 3 rookies

63 and 73 already declared rookie upgrades?

Also doesnt that mean one live selection left over (including hartley)?

Really like the sound of kemp or Stephens with our first and players like sharp, Taylor or Williams and jones if we trade back into the top 30.

But this is only based off phantom drafts (put together by journalists or hobbyists), so could be wildly different to the clubs views - so won’t get too hung up if we pick different players. Still I’m hoping not to see any head scratching Lovell-style picks.

Pick 11 - best available

(63, 73) Pass

I am of the belief we have been carrying one less senior list spot so if want to draft four plus Hartley we are in a position to do so. We still have 87 and 92 for rookie upgrades, so even if we don't use 63 I'd hope we try and trade it for a future forth round with West Coast so they get their second pick earlier.

Pick 11 - best available

(63, 73) Pass

We have 6 list spots, so it is:

3 Draft Picks, Hartley and 2 rookie Picks or

4 Draft Picks, Hartley and 1 rookie Pick

Would be a bonus to get Pepper as a Cat B rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back