List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we still make a play to trade for another pick in the first round. Next years draft is going to be pretty poor due to all the academy and father-sons in the first round.

If we select a god damn half back flanker I never want a first round selection ever again. I've been against McAsey but now the big talk about Day I would be over the moon if we picked up McAsey. We have Sicily, CJ and Scrimshaw already in this position and that's not even including the more than capable make shift ones we have. I just want a Rolls Royce midfielder, is that too much to ask.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stephens is the perfect fit at Hawthorn. Fingers crossed....

I have KFI what the draft will look like & big Cal’s mock draft just looks wrong

11 Stephens
20 future first GC Bianco
Bid Finn

late pick Cahill

I have KFI what the draft will look like & big Cal’s mock draft just looks wrong

11 Stephens
Bid Finn

late pick Cahill

11 Stephens
Bid Finn

late pick Cahill
With hawthorn seeming to be passing on Kemp the best play might be to approach Adelaide about a pick swap for 6 and our first rounder. They will still get McCasey at 11 and a 2020 first rounder. We can then choose out of Young, Stephens, Robertson etc.. might get a pick in the 20’s back from Crows too...

Do we try and get too creative at times when selecting players? Daniel Howe is one that had me baffled at the time. Just looked vanilla from the get go and clearly didnt have any outstanding attributes. I believe most were suprised when we took Lovell where we did too.
at pick 30 Howe was ok, not many better for later picks in that draft.

11 Stephens
Bid Finn

late pick Cahill

Cooper Stephens could be available at 20, I’d take him over Bianco all day.. Bianco a good footballer but Stephens is a big boy and an athlete who is a natural footballer, would be well worth trading picks to try and grab him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Day talk coming because people thought we were/are into McAsey but wouldnt ve available (I.e. looking for a back and he is next best?)

I trust our recruiting team so if it is Day I am happy but as a keen outside observer the last thing we need is another half back flanker unless we a) see him as a mid or b) expect to lose/trade out a defender.

Looking at our likely defence, I struggle to see who he plays before in a few years time....

Hardwick Kosi Scrimshaw
Sicily Frost Impey

In 2015 all the other clubs and pundits were convinced we'd be taking Mitch Hibberd and Kieran Collins with our two first round picks.

We took Burton and Lovell. Right or wrong, fact is that we generally give little to no indication of who we'll pick up.

Maybe they think that Day will eventually become an outside midfielder. Supposed to be a great runner with very good disposal off both feet. Apparently still a lot of development left him i.e. is skinny as a rake

Day plays like Mackie and reminds recruiters exactly of him. Hawks, port, Cats, suns and a couple of other clubs would take him around our pick. Not sure why many who have watched 10 minutes of tape are So worried about.

Scrimshaw Kosi Hardwick
Impey Sicily Day (CJ)

not a bad back 6 in 2021/22

Does anyone know how Day tested at the combine? I'm still annoyed that Port took Duursma with the pick we gave up for Wingard. Xavier was exactly the player we needed. Day appears to have a similar look. Could be eyeing a wing position? Could be Stephens as the first priority and then Day is in our sights if we miss out.

Day plays like Mackie and reminds recruiters exactly of him. Hawks, port, Cats, suns and a couple of other clubs would take him around our pick. Not sure why many who have watched 10 minutes of tape are So worried about.

Scrimshaw Kosi Hardwick
Impey Sicily Day (CJ)

Frost as well

Does anyone know how Day tested at the combine? I'm still annoyed that Port took Duursma with the pick we gave up for Wingard. Xavier was exactly the player we needed. Day appears to have a similar look. Could be eyeing a wing position? Could be Stephens as the first priority and then Day is in our sights if we miss out.

Didn't feature in the top 10 anywhere bar the running vertical.

Scrimshaw Kosi Hardwick
Impey Sicily Day (CJ)

I hope Kosi succeeds, but he has a long way to go before he slots into the team.

Seems near certain we pick day and overlook Kemp and Robertson who will most likely be there . If day doesn't get picked by us he is gone to port or gc in the next couple picks so seems our 11 is around the mark for him . Reading between the line the Only way this changes is if Adelaide go Stephens over Mcasey .

Buckenara top 20. Highlighting 2. Finn, for obvious reasons and Day, as their appears to be a groundswell of "support" for the kid.

1. MATT ROWELL
2. NOAH ANDERSON
3. SAM FLANDERS
4. LACHLAN ASH
5. TOM GREEN
6. CALEB SERONG
7. WILL GOULD
8. HAYDEN YOUNG
9. FISCHER McASEY
10. DYLAN STEPHENS
11. LIAM HENRY
12. JOSH WORRELL
13. BRODIE KEMP
14. FINN MAGINNESS

Buckenara says: The son of my two-time Hawthorn premiership teammate Scott Maginness, Finn enjoyed a really strong season that has seen him shoot up the draft order as a father-son prospect for the Hawks. He’s a tall and athletic midfielder who uses his size to good effect, makes good decisions and uses the ball well, unlike his dad who actually took out a patent on the helicopter drop punt during his playing days (sorry mate!). He continued to improve as the season progressed, with the hard work he’s been putting in to improve his kicking paying off (although he still has some work to do) and he was also able to get to more contests which meant he won more of the footy.
15. JACKSON MEAD
16. DEVEN ROBERTSON
17. CODY WEIGHTMAN
18. LUKE JACKSON
19. WILL DAY

Buckenara says: A rebounding defender/outside midfielder with a light body at present, Day doesn’t let that stop him from being a fierce competitor. He has good athleticism and provides great impetus off half back, where he was a consistent performer for South Australia and often set his team up with his running patterns to link up attacking moves. He’s an interesting player because I believe we haven’t yet seen the best of this potentially late developer. I think he has big upside, but time will tell.
20. HARRISON JONES

With hawthorn seeming to be passing on Kemp the best play might be to approach Adelaide about a pick swap for 6 and our first rounder. They will still get McCasey at 11 and a 2020 first rounder. We can then choose out of Young, Stephens, Robertson etc.. might get a pick in the 20’s back from Crows too...
No thank you....in this draft 2 two 20's > 1 top ten.

On Redmi Note 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back