List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been really watching a bit of Maginness' tape lately, and what I really like about him is his ability to get hands free in the contest. He does that Michael Voss, Marcus Bontempelli thing of keeping the arms up high and out of the tackle before firing off his disposal. Really smart inside footballer instincts and a fantastic size.

Regardless of who we get early, I'll be watching him with keener interest.

I’m hoping it looks something like this come 9pm tonight.

Pick 11: Best available
Picks 42 & 50: Maginness
Pick 54: Small forward
Pick 63: Key forward
Pick 69: PASS
Only round 1 tonight so you'll have to wait till tomorrow :huh:

Anyone know if Clarko still has the final say like in 2004 when he called a breakfast and overruled our recruiters to get him Roughead instead of Tambling

Pickett. Don't do this to me.

If we get him then I’ll be stoked. He is exactly what we need and albeit not as talented could go a long way to filling the void Cyril has left. He would allow us to phase out Poppy and at the very least make Poppy earn his spot at selection this coming season. I won’t hold my breath that we get him but you never know.

Its a beautiful Day. I'm coming around to the kid...

Day is an excellent all-round athlete and showcased his speed (2.96 20m sprint), endurance (21.2 yo-yo test) and leap (88cm running vertical) at the SANFL preseason combine testing.

STRENGTHS:
Athleticism
Kicking efficiency
Footy smarts
Rebounding
Upside

IMPROVEMENTS:
Strength
Inside game

Nat Fyfe was 187cm & 74 kgs when drafted.
Will Day is 187cm & 70kgs.
I do agree but for every Fyfe you get another 50 kids that don't develop like that. I see the potential in him but i think we have more ready made players that will be available and have a similar upside as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pick-by-pick consensus view
Consensus first round based on the "mode" or most common phantom draft selection for each club.

This shows no one really has any clue who Hawthorn will draft.

IMG_2917.JPG

I'd be exceedingly happy with this draft if we came out the other end with Stephens/Kemp, Maginness and traded back in at 20ish for Elijah Taylor. We could do worse than taking Angus Hanrahan with a late or rookie pick as well. Perhaps a youngster like Tyrone Thorne who is a borderline midget, but a tenacious small forward. He's shorter than Caleb Daniel but as with Daniel you can see the footballer in him.

Should we be entitled to, for example, Dew's kids or even to be able to pitch for their service after 1 year on our list despite the multiple years , +100 games and a flag at Port.
I'd be pissed I'd Mitch, Hodge or Lewis won a flag in their superannuation years to then lose 'rights' to their kids after all the club did for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 AFL National Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back