List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes there is no time restriction anymore . That was corrected in the 2006 father son rule changes for WAFL and SANFL fathers with the scrapping of the 20 year eligibility playing period for the father and 20 year post entry into AFL drafting period for the club to draft the son(s).

If Graham Cornes had 3 boys with his 2nd wife Nicole, instead of 3 girls, Adelaide could claim them all under father-son. His youngest daughter Gia was born in 2009, so if she had been born a boy, he could be drafted in 2027, 60 years after Graham debuted for Glenelg.

After posts like this, it is always worth reminding people.

3dde9bd59d45acf401545abfc2260888

Yeah hes very good. Not sure why he isnt rated higher. If we could get him with our 2nd, that would be an awesome selection
Sharp or Taylor (also from WA) with our second rounder.
Gould or Worrell with our first.
Then late picks on a Mead bid and Picket late.
Burgoyne and two project KPP's (could be mature agers) in the rookie draft.

Norwood midfielder Dylan Stephens further highlighted his top-10 credentials with an impressive showing at this week’s AFL Draft Combine testing in Melbourne.
After two days of interviews, left-field questions and medicals, the 79 players from across the country were put through their paces in the 20m sprint, agility test and vertical jump on Thursday before finishing with the 2km time-trial on Friday.

AFL Draft Combine at Olympic Park. Matthew Rowell (10) during the Draft Combine 2km time trial at Olympic Park. Picture: Michael Klein.

AFL Draft Combine at Olympic Park. Matthew Rowell (10) during the Draft Combine 2km time trial at Olympic Park. Picture: Michael Klein.

And Stephens, whose game style mirrors that of West Coast’s Andrew Gaff, again put his running power on show breaking the combine record for the 2km in his heat with a time of 6.01mins.

That record was broken again in the next group with former basketballer Jay Rantall clocking an impressive time of 5.50, edging out Hawthorn father-son prospect Finn Maginness by one second.

ttps://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/norwood-midfielder-dylan-stephens-highlights-running-power-as-afl-draft-hopefuls-are-put-through-the-paces-at-national-combine/news-story/bec1b0c20d4620aae882df579796db24

Stephens 1st pick and Sharpe with our 2nd, would be huge.

Manage to nab Rantall with another second or third and we would be doing very well and all of those players compliment us perfectly.

Take Riccardi and a speculative speedy player like Potter, late in the draft. Mead comes via those picks in the sixties and Burgoyne can come in the rookie draft.

That’s 6 in the ND plus Ladhams upgraded, and one rookie.

Side note, anyone got some info on Lachie Jones for next year?

After posts like this, it is always worth reminding people.

3dde9bd59d45acf401545abfc2260888

It's always nice to see this lovely photo of Chad and Kane with their sister.

Not sure who that baby is though.

Stephens 1st pick and Sharpe with our 2nd, would be huge.

Manage to nab Rantall with another second or third and we would be doing very well and all of those players compliment us perfectly.

Take Riccardi and a speculative speedy player like Potter, late in the draft. Mead comes via those picks in the sixties and Burgoyne can come in the rookie draft.

That’s 6 in the ND plus Ladhams upgraded, and one rookie.

Side note, anyone got some info on Lachie Jones for next year?
The strong bodied Jones is a Port Adelaide NGA prospect who has had a good year for Woodville-West Torrens, looking most at home in defence. He was strong over the ball and made good decisions with ball in hand.

You’d have to think that after Marion Pickett’s performance in the Grand Final we won’t overlook another golden opportunity to exploit the father/son rule and add Kysiah
The only question is whether we do it as a father/son or an NGA prospect.

It's always nice to see this lovely photo of Chad and Kane with their sister.

Not sure who that baby is though.

I wonder if Chad ever tried to tap that.

You’d have to think that after Marion Pickett’s performance in the Grand Final we won’t overlook another golden opportunity to exploit the father/son rule and add Kysiah

If Kysiah is announced as a father/son then Byron will have a lot of explaining to do to his brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gould is there and we dont take him, I will be disappointed.

Not only is he a good player, he is a leader, something we really lack.
I agree the Hurn comparison is spot on what if Stephens us also available unlikely I now but who would you pick. I think Stephens is more of a need but really like Gould.

I just hope they don't get rid of father son or watered down further just as we are due to benefit would be typical wouldn't it?

I agree the Hurn comparison is spot on what if Stephens us also available unlikely I now but who would you pick. I think Stephens is more of a need but really like Gould.
Stephens for me.
Funny going on about him being SA talent and he is from Mildura.. Only been in Adelaide for a couple of years on a Scholarship

Id like us to find a way to move our pick 10 up a few places.

St Kilda currently holds pick 6 but with Brad Hill trying to land there they certainly wont be taking pick 6 to the draft and with their next pick at 58 they will almost certainly be looking to get hold of additional picks but without diluting the pick needed for Hill too much.

One possible scenario;

Port
Out: 10, 29, Ryder
In: 6,58

St Kilda
Out: 6,58
In: 10, 29

In terms of DVI St Kilda come out slightly ahead in this trade (around 50 points or so) and get Ryder for free as a good will gesture.

St Kilda can then trade 10 on to Fremantle for Hill and still be left with a second round selection, and we get to have a solid crack at Stephens who I doubt will be available at 10.

Last edited:
Pick 6 might guarantee a player we want but I don’t think there is going to be much of a difference between that and pick 10.

If pick 29 isn’t consumed by a trade for Fantasia then I think we’ll try and turn it into a future second. Load up next year when Luko and Hately are out of contract and Fantasia has had a 20+ game season.

Id like us to find a way to move our pick 10 up a few places.

St Kilda currently holds pick 6 but with Brad Hill trying to land there they certainly wont be taking pick 6 to the draft and with their next pick at 58 they will almost certainly be looking to get hold of additional picks but without diluting the pick needed for Hill too much.

One possible scenario;

Port
Out: 10, 29, Ryder
In: 6,58

St Kilda
Out: 6,58
In: 10, 29

In terms of DVI St Kilda come out slightly ahead in this trade (around 50 points or so) and get Ryder for free as a good will gesture.

St Kilda can then trade 10 on to Fremantle for Hill and still be left with a second round selection, and we get to have a solid crack at Stephens who I doubt will be available at 10.

It would be utterly pointless to give up pick 29 and Ryder to move up 4 places

Picks 6-10 just don’t have the separation at all. Maybe if we knew Stephens would go at pick 6 but there’s still good talent left at 10.

As someone said above, trade pick 29 for a future pick (if we don’t already lose it in some trade)

It would be utterly pointless to give up pick 29 and Ryder to move up 4 places

Picks 6-10 just don’t have the separation at all. Maybe if we knew Stephens would go at pick 6 but there’s still good talent left at 10.

As someone said above, trade pick 29 for a future pick (if we don’t already lose it in some trade)

Just wait til draft night , live trading is there for that reason

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back