Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised he hasn't made more of a go as an inside mid. In his draft year he seemed to have pretty good hands and good footy nous, that lead to decent decision making under pressure...if he did come to us, that's where I'd be playing him.

Lol at Melbourne thread, reckon they got unders on Hogan. They got pretty much more than what we got for Neale
Haha well you've seen my thoughts. I think we paid unders on talent, fair on all things considered. Bell also wouldnt have endeared himself all too well to the other list managers

Wouldn't mind if we turned Langdon into A.Brayshaw somehow.
I think Acres would do well at Optus, needs a change of scenery and is in the age bracket we target.

We NEED mature bodies in the midfield for next year.

Crumpet face reckons we are offering 10% less than Eagles/Geelong.

If he's not making that up then that's us out.

TO THE DRAFT!!!!
How the actual **** can they afford that after Mclovin, Nic Nat, Jack
captain brown pants
Darling and Gagf signed up in the last year, all on around 800k you would assume???

How the actual fu** can they afford that after Mclovin, Nic Nat, Jack
captain brown pants
Darling and Gagf signed up in the last year, all on around 800k you would assume???

Few retirements and Nic Nat took a cut if I remember correctly. You'd think we would still have more cash spare but you generally end up paying guys you've traded in more and we've done a heap more trades then them.

I'd be throwing everything at him though. A front-loaded 1 mill a year would be perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Royal Eagle who from my understanding is reasonably well connected and doesnt make s**t up has apparently heard Brad Hill wants to stay at Freo for what its worth
Brad probs wants to stay here. Tim probs wants to stay in Geelong.

When you get to my age you realise that what you want doesn't count for a tin of beans. Its what Mrs Brad and Mrs Tim wants that counts!

Brad probs wants to stay here. Tim probs wants to stay in Geelong.

When you get to my age you realise that what you want doesn't count for a tin of beans. Its what Mrs Brad and Mrs Tim wants that counts!

I reckon you've nailed it.

Acres is a great example of being overrated here just because he is from wa. Dude is mediocre, maybe comparable to Tucker at best. We have enough mediocre, we need good players.
Agreed, though every WA player gets treated like royalty on this board. The obsession is cringe at best.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ma...r-movement-emulating-uncle-sam-ng-b881278614z

One-club player. Those words indicate loyalty and romance.
In 2019, some of football’s biggest names are placing as much importance on financial and family stability as they are on having one fixed address.
The return home of Tim Kelly this week has led to an inevitable degree of interest.
While training with Geelong at Fremantle Community Bank Oval brought back memories, it will also have evoked a sinking feeling for Fremantle and West Coast. Despite being under their nose, he was overlooked time and time again by the two WA clubs.
The jungle drums suggest Geelong are well placed to retain Kelly, with the Eagles then ahead of the Dockers.
Don’t expect a decision from Kelly until after the Cats’ campaign has finished.

Though Kelly is not eligible for it currently, free agency has brought a new dynamic to the game, one which is based on American sport. This week, Adelaide forward Josh Jenkins indicated it was just the beginning.
“The more this league evolves, I expect a massive jump in player movement, that’s just the business we’re in and the model we’re following,” he said.
If that’s true, you have only to glance at recent trades in basketball to realise the path we’re hurtling towards.
When NBA great Kevin Durant swapped from Golden State to Brooklyn and crack guard Russell Westbrook moved from Oklahoma to Houston, it was part of the theatre of the post-season.
Prior to that, LeBron James quit Cleveland to link up with the Los Angeles Lakers, not the first time one of the most famous athletes on the planet had moved.
Basketball experts in the US often regard the trade period as the most intriguing part of the year, barring play-offs. Closer to home, while players have got their heads around the impending changes in the AFL, I’m not sure fans have yet.
In a little over a decade, Gary Ablett, Lance Franklin and Chris Judd have left their original clubs, taking full advantage of the new-age freedom of footballers.
More recently, Dockers fans were aghast when dual Doig medallist Lachie Neale walked out and accepted a lucrative deal from Brisbane.

Whether it’s drafts, salary caps or trading, there’s no escaping the AFL’s desire to mirror American sports.
Don’t be surprised if other stars come out of the blue to seek new homes when the dust has settled on another season.
Everybody loves a one-club servant, but like everybody in the workforce, the choice to change must always be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back