Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short memories? Wasn't too long ago when Cox was getting absolutely obliterated by our own supporters and people on here. The only difference between the two is that Cox has played more games
I think Cox has played more really good games than Frampton has played games.

What Brennan is, is slack. He needs to get his professionalism up and then will be a gun.

Unsure whether there's any truth to it but hearing that Melbourne aren't keen on giving up their second rounder this year for Langdon. There's reports that they're more likely to give up their second rounder next year. Would be livid if they tried that on

Unsure whether there's any truth to it but hearing that Melbourne aren't keen on giving up their second rounder this year for Langdon. There's reports that they're more likely to give up their second rounder next year. Would be livid if they tried that on
Doubt we would accept anything other than a pick this year - unless we then on-trade that future 2nd to another club. We need wingers now.

I would ok if:

Langdon and future 4th for future 2nd and 3rd.

"according to Kane Cornes" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Its on Port Adelaide's AFL website that they've been informed that Frampton has requested a trade. Wants more opportunity though, and 3rd or 4th wheel at Fremantle isn't going to cut it. Unless we would contemplate something as in the previous post above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton would be a good get as our 3rd ruck. If Darcy were to get injured him and Lobb could split the forward ruck duties evenly. Frampton has a good set of hands, just worried about his work rate around the ground.

On SM-G611F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I
On Kelly, I feel its likely a little bit of everything.

He's waiting till after the BnF to nom a team (it wont be Geelong) and it helps that its after Freo's coach will be announced.

Now, the problem we have is that Duffield reported that our latest pitch wasnt enough to convince him over the weekend. JL was likely actually the head coach from mid last week, it was just kept tightly under wraps. I imagine our final pitch came with JL among any other new assistant coaches we already locked in making one big last pitch. So Duffield saying on the weekend our final pitch fell short is just that.

At this point, I think the only way we get Kelly is if Geelong and WC are stupid about it all. Realistically, WC cant physically give what we can in draft picks without trading valuable assets. Pick 6 is almost worth all of 14, 22 and 32 as it stands. So we would need Geelong to say look Tim, you need to go home, we respect that but in no way are we losing you for some average picks that arent your worth. You can go to Freo or hit the draft.

The question from there is do we want a guy who's not 100% invested from day dot. I personally wouldnt care, he'd warm up after the first couple of days at the club and has already showed he's not afraid to buckle down and play somewhere he's not 100% invested in.

I'd care, it would always be in the back of my mind. I don't want him at Freo purely on the basis of him not wanting to even get into discussions with us last year. He can jam it.

Chris25 -can you let me know your thoughts on Frampton??

I'd take him. Like the Port poster said, he's a forward who can ruck if needed - may not be any better in the ruck than Cox or Dixon, but has the size to at least compete. As an understudy to Lobb, I think he'd have value. Probably a third rounder or so.

Nah, clubs aren’t arseholes and their pick could be out to 24/25 by the time we pick. If that was the case you could argue Kelly goes for 14 from Weagles.

While you don’t have much power, you still have to agree to the trade and we would tell Langdon he’s going in the draft if they offer a 3rd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back