No Oppo Supporters 2019 Trade and FA period - Incoming Targets news discussion - read the rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

While we shouldn't jump up and down when people share Intel that doesn't eventuate. Posters should also choose their words when sharing.

Eg. "Someone i know who usually is right says that we are confident that we can get x". Not "100% done deal, x to hawks"

We've had a few people the past few years that probably had good Intel or even were correct but things changed but they were stating it as fact.

Until the paperwork is done it's all speculation even if your source is Graham Wright, the player or the opposition list manager.

I have had a player tell me directly that they were moving clubs and where they were going to, contract agreed, clubs agreed to trade everything setup. They weren't lying either but they ended up staying 1 more year and then getting traded to a different club.
This is very true. Of course, it does not help when posts quoting journalists or intel connected to other clubs (such as the overwhelming majority of media coverage that said Coniglio would stay at Giants throughout; or that Carlton were hearing very similar things to Hawthorn) gets deleted around here. Leaves those who get their news from this forum with a very obscured view of reality (and then they crack it!)

Back on Paton, this is an excellent deal. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when we do things on the cheap (think Hill to Freo) and people get all antsy about us being robbed? This is why - there is karma at the trade table. We are good trading citizens and therefore people aren't dicks to us.

I know where supposed to hate GWS and all but kudos to them for letting Patton get through to us relatively easy. Patton's worth is a hard one because from one angle his career could be seen as literally mm away from being over. Then on the other side his body could hold up for the next 3-4 years and make GWS look like fools again.

Still I think GWS definitely deserve praise here and yes they'll get salary cap relief but to me they are clearly looking after a foundation member of their club similar to the way we did with Brad Hill.

qi6dcs-DQQ4D1MXUf0v98sjnqFcoZLXTtXXvIFSFLCg.jpg

McCartney: Come on, give us a 3rd rounder for Patton?

Wright: No.

McCartney: I'll be your friend?

Wright: No

McCartney: Oh you're mean!

Jason McCartney:
Okay, Leon. This is where all the hard work, sacrifice, and painful knee surgeries pay off!
Graham Wright:
Jonothan Patton... that comes to... a future fourth rounder.
Jason McCartney:
Woo-hoo!
Leon Cameron:
Jason, Jon Patton cost us a first rounder.
Jason McCartney:
Yeah, but Stephen Silvagni paid for that!

hqdefault.jpg

GWS had no leverage. They are stocked for key forwards, he has had 3 knee reckos and was on a big number they needed to get off their books. It's a fair deal.

True, but can't remember who from the GWS saying that they don't want another " pack of chips and a can of coke" kind of deal and trying to get a 3rd round pick.

So happy with this deal :) .

f*n beautiful.

I didn't realise it was melbournes future pick as well, makes the trade even better ahahaha
It would have been better if it were ours. Melbourne's fourth round will practically be 3rd round (spoon for them in 2020) while ours is more likely to be a 5th (obviously we will win the flag).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back