List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Differing opinions of what constitutes a disaster.

Hanners plays 3 (hopefully 5) to me is very disappointing considering draft pick cost.

The $$ are irrelevant to me. If it helps you sleep better just think that your membership has gone to pay Roma.

A disaster is paying 2 x 1st rounders for blokes like Gibbs & Beams. One might get traded for a pack of twisties & both are on bigger $ than Hanners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh well to be honest I don't look at other clubs failures to make myself feel better about ours.

So paying someone 800k a year to play 3 games isn’t a disaster? You’d be happy with him playing 3 games next year?
Funny that those other guys are disasters yet they have had more output than Hannebery, talk about rose coloured glasses.

Meh, blokes get traded & suffer injuries that stuff their seasons all the time.

What blokes who get traded don’t usually do is bring massive off field issues into their new club. Especially blokes who have cost their club 2 x 1st round picks.

Happy to join the disaster crew if Hanners backs up with another 3 game season in 2020.

At this stage? It’s just disappointing

What blokes who get traded don’t usually do is bring massive off field issues into their new club. Especially blokes who have cost their club 2 x 1st round picks.

Happy to join the disaster crew if Hanners backs up with another 3 game season in 2020.

The difference being everyone knew Hanners was injured before we traded for him.

When ours is a confirmed failure I’ll join you in the lynch mob.

and as i mentioned earlier, mentioning players from other sides as failures who have had greater output than hanners doesn't make sense. IS THIS MIC ON?!?

Anywhoo. Realistically what does everyone think it'll take to get Hill? Earlier in the year I was dead against the trade, but after watching more of him I'm super keen. I'll admit I didn't realise he was only 26 too. Must've got him and his brother mixed up. Pick 5 or 6 or whatever we will have will surely get it done, would we want a pick in return?

+1

Disappointing? Yep

Disaster? Not yet

Anywhoo. Realistically what does everyone think it'll take to get Hill? Earlier in the year I was dead against the trade, but after watching more of him I'm super keen. I'll admit I didn't realise he was only 26 too. Must've got him and his brother mixed up. Pick 5 or 6 or whatever we will have will surely get it done, would we want a pick in return?

Pick 5 or 6 would mean we would expect something decent back (either langdon or a late 1st / early 2nd) imo

I'd love us to split pick ls and try for 2 mid 1sts.

Reckon we win the last 2 tho, end up with pick 10 and use that for hill and their 2nd

Hypothetically GC get pick 2 as PP that must be traded, would we have a nibble?

Our 1st plus Webster for 2? If not Jimmy, what other mature body do they need?

Move on a player in a position we have excess in to get Anderson?

Differing opinions of what constitutes a disaster.

Hanners plays 3 (hopefully 5) to me is very disappointing considering draft pick cost.

The $$ are irrelevant to me. If it helps you sleep better just think that your membership has gone to pay Roma.

A disaster is paying 2 x 1st rounders for blokes like Gibbs & Beams. One might get traded for a pack of twisties & both are on bigger $ than Hanners.

You can have three bad trades. Beams was a massive fail, he was the Pies throwing everything to bring home a premiership and ended up looking like it worked the opposite way. Same as Gibbs, Adelaide thought adding one more A grader would be the difference but paying him more money than a lot of the guys that took less to stay and his off field issues have made him unpopular. His game is actually okay but Adelaide are embarrassed and are punishing him for their mistake.

Hanners playing 3 to 5 games is a fail so far but can be saved if he gets on the park to a high standard for a bulk of the rest of his contract. I see him pretty similar to Daisy, not a game changer but a mature head who hopefully gets back to good footy.

Didn’t that already happen when they stepped in and helped the Carlisle Gresham deal get across the line ?
Seem to remember wondering at the time why they helped out .

No, that was pre Hanners.
I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember something along the lines of doing them a favour by absorbing all of Dan’s payment.
I wasn’t around for the Plugger trade and remember very little about the Hall one so I can’t say anything about that, but our recent trade relationship with the Swans appears to be quite good.

Hypothetically GC get pick 2 as PP that must be traded, would we have a nibble?

Our 1st plus Webster for 2? If not Jimmy, what other mature body do they need?

Move on a player in a position we have excess in to get Anderson?

I wouldn't bother with that trade. You lose a best 22 player for a four place upgrade and we probably on trade our first pick anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can have three bad trades. Beams was a massive fail, he was the Pies throwing everything to bring home a premiership and ended up looking like it worked the opposite way. Same as Gibbs, Adelaide thought adding one more A grader would be the difference but paying him more money than a lot of the guys that took less to stay and his off field issues have made him unpopular. His game is actually okay but Adelaide are embarrassed and are punishing him for their mistake.

Hanners playing 3 to 5 games is a fail so far but can be saved if he gets on the park to a high standard for a bulk of the rest of his contract. I see him pretty similar to Daisy, not a game changer but a mature head who hopefully gets back to good footy.
Imagine what we'd be saying if our other two injury related selections from last years trade/draft period each played 3 games this year and averaged 25 possessions a game.

I see the Hanners trade exactly as as I see the King and Bytel selections - too early to call.

So paying someone 800k a year to play 3 games isn’t a disaster? You’d be happy with him playing 3 games next year?
Funny that those other guys are disasters yet they have had more output than Hannebery, talk about rose coloured glasses.

If that's the criteria then jack steven is an equal disaster this year.

I wouldn't bother with that trade. You lose a best 22 player for a four place upgrade and we probably on trade our first pick anyway.

Well, we could always offer them White ;)

For Coniglio i don’t really get the attraction of Carlton? The media machine have given us this perception, and i think many on here are probably seduced by, Carlton having this young list that is going to be unreal. And they are going to rise up over the next few years. I dont think we are that much behind them if at all.
Cripps - Marshall
Walsh - Clark
Dow - Gresham
Curnow - King
Weitering - Battle
McKay - Membrey
O’Brien - Billings
Stocker - Coffield
Docherty - Steele
Marchbank - Wilkie

The obvious one is Cripps. He is A+ and probably in the top 5 in the league.
Some will say we have never seen King play blah blah but I’ve put him in based on potential. Curnow’s future is still based on potential. His best return for a season is 34 goals (Bruce’s best is 50 and some on here want to trade him)
Docherty is a gun but he hasn’t played for 2 seasons
Membrey is a far better player than McKay.

I get the attraction for cogs to go to Hawthorn. Clarkson and his best mate O’Meara. List wise they will sit mid table for a long time now

Yeah, you've lost me now. Did you wright this in your sleep??
You said they would stay. How do you know. At least the top picks are worth more if they go like a lower pick may do. If a top pick stays you are obviously better off. Imagine at draft time if they said we went for worse players because they told us they would stay but then still leave. You have to take the best players and hope you can turn the place around. It’s the only way they may succeed

For Coniglio i don’t really get the attraction of Carlton? The media machine have given us this perception, and i think many on here are probably seduced by, Carlton having this young list that is going to be unreal. And they are going to rise up over the next few years. I dont think we are that much behind them if at all.
Cripps - Marshall
Walsh - Clark
Dow - Gresham
Curnow - King
Weitering - Battle
McKay - Membrey
O’Brien - Billings
Stocker - Coffield
Docherty - Steele
Marchbank - Wilkie

The obvious one is Cripps. He is A+ and probably in the top 5 in the league.
Some will say we have never seen King play blah blah but I’ve put him in based on potential. Curnow’s future is still based on potential. His best return for a season is 34 goals (Bruce’s best is 50 and some on here want to trade him)
Docherty is a gun but he hasn’t played for 2 seasons
Membrey is a far better player than McKay.

I get the attraction for cogs to go to Hawthorn. Clarkson and his best mate O’Meara. List wise they will sit mid table for a long time now
Exactly, that's why it's very important for us to absolutely smash them this weekend!

To swap picks to get very good established players. You talk as you know what they should do and they hadn’t thought of that. I think paying Weller the money he is on and that pick number proves how hard it is to get very good established players.
Gold Coast will always be up against it , most kids who get drafted would prefer to stay at home not moving interstate , mum's cooking , washing - not worrying about to much but playing football.
Some kids can thrive in different conditions , but some places just ain't home.

Just had a look at the Cogs talk on the different boards. Holy cow, these guys are intense! They take this stuff as if its life or death. The blues board especially, 30 pages today, whipped themselves into a frenzy after a couple of itks claim Cogs is a done deal. Hawks also have their itks who claim he's going to them. But there's still 2 weeks and finals to play out, 50 days till the trade period. I'm not sure whether I should admire their passion or laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. All I know is this hysteria is only going to get worse and for one group it's going to end in tears. Literally.
or two ... he could stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back