List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake offers something different to the 22. He’s something we don’t have. He’s a big, quick, mobile, marking utility. I would’ve preferred to move on one of our thousand half backs, a slow inside midfielder or a small forward. I guess no one else had a lot of interest.

Half our list we could turnover with little interest. It's unfortunate but it's a reality of our previous inept leaders. If we want to get trades done getting A grade talent to choose us then we must be ruthless. The hawks would operate no differently.

if the deal was already done for hill why throw him in for free??????

We dont know what the deal is yet, so many people jumping at shadows...

Is a bit strange when we already had a deal done

Probably just doing it to free up a list spot. We all had high hopes for the guy but the new guys clearly don’t rate him and Freo are only taking him because he’s being thrown in. That says it all when it comes to his value.

With Acres this year and Burton last year for the Hawks, it shows the ruthless nature of this industry.
Clubs will cut or move on fan favourites without blinking an eye.
So have players got too mich power? Don't think so, clubs and players use each other.

Results based industry. Our results since 2011 indicate we have failed badly. Acres is part of that and has some currency.

I dont think he is undervalued and hope he goes well at Freo. Strikes me as a Stanley type, he will play the same way at his new club as he did at the Saints.

It is clear Rats didn't want him. Speaking of Rats, a new coach takes a couple of draft and trade periods to make the team his own.
He has had it done for him in one off season.
So with the 5 our list will be transformed. There was no room for Acres. Sad but true.

Now to move up the ladder and attract a big name mid in FA next year.

Pretty exciting.

Really? Only worth a 3rd rounder?I thought 2nd. Maybe because he was 1st round pick.
Mate , it doesnt matter where he was drafted , it matters what he has done in 5 odd years , thats why the club saw him as dispensable ,

Half our list we could turnover with little interest. It's unfortunate but it's a reality of our previous inept leaders. If we want to get trades done getting A grade talent to choose us then we must be ruthless. The hawks would operate no differently.

Thats fine being ruthless however looking at our ins vs outs. I’m not sure if I see much of a net gain. Obviously Hill is a good acquisition however I think his worth has been somewhat overblown. Jones is a solid citizen. Howard is largely unproven or at least has not developed into a consistent AFL standard player yet. Butler in fringe. Ryder has 1-2 year’s of footy left. Bruce, Steven & Acres are all best 22. Unfortunate circumstances with Steven though & that’s out of our control. We really need King, Clark, Coff, etc to come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres can go inside and play forward, also his marking is an asset. I still think there is at least 3 to 4 midfielders that go before Acres.
Dunstan Ross Gresham Clark Steele Hannebery all ahead of Acres as mids and now heaps of other players are better than Acres in spots like wing etc.

Matty Parker more than matches Acres forward outputs and I'm certain that after a full pre season he will get better.

If the deal really is 10, a future 2nd and 58, I don't see how anyone can't be happy with that.

We offered 6 and a future 3rd and were knocked back.

We then managed to turn 6 into Howard and 10.

So 6, a future 2nd and 58 for Howard and Hill. That's unbelievable trading.
Ryder too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back