List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needs a hug and a go.. Unfortunately not sure Bonar gets a go with all the talent in front of him. Or a hug.
I'm not that keen to hug Bonar but feel free to throw yourself into the mix :oops:

Dylan Stephens. Midfielder that plays like Hugh Mcluggage. Currently rated at 12 in knightmares power rankings.

Pick 5 for pick 2 & a swap of next year’s first round picks? Adelaide like to gamble, do we?
I think we showed last year we are willing to gamble as we tried to do the same deal Carlton did with them.

I'd go for that, but I doubt the Crows do.

Dylan Stephens. Midfielder that plays like Hugh Mcluggage. Currently rated at 12 in knightmares power rankings.

Pick 5 for pick 2 & a swap of next year’s first round picks? Adelaide like to gamble, do we?

I'd do that. Gotta be bold.

Reckon it could tempt the crows too

Yea well we are not talking about Newnes’ realistic value but what we’d get if he left as a FA.

Without taking into account other compensation & academy/father son picks:

Band 1 - pick 6
Band 2 - pick 19
Band 3 - pick 25
Band 4 - pick 42

I reckon we’d get at least band 4, band 3 would be nice though.
Since the AFL use this secret formula, they may feel sorry for us with the medical retirements of Paddy and Roberton and bump up the Newnes compo secretly. Wouldn't be the first time.

Not easy to hold firm with a guy suffering issues wanting to go home. Just another bit of bad luck if it actually happens.

You can hold firm & still not be a push over.

Both times that Beams was traded is a good example. Especially what he cost for the pies to get him back (age, health issues very similar).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a pretty simple equation at the moment with Jack.

If he decides to request a trade to Geelong, we either take what they give, most likely a second round pick, or Jack retires from footy. Anyone thinking we get a good pick for him is kidding themselves.

Unfortunate for us, but more unfortunate Steven is going through what he is.

Sadly it seems like we’re the only club who is happy to fall on their sword when a player wants out.

If we accept a 2nd rounder for our best player then I’m seriously done.

30+ years of membership isn’t worth it if the club is that weak.

You can hold firm & still not be a push over.

Both times that Beams was traded is a good example. Especially what he cost for the pies to get him back (age, health issues very similar).

As I pointed out before Beams came off either winning or coming second in a B and F and IMO is a better player than Jack who I love but still only got something like pick 18. Jack hasn't played for basically a year and has some fairly major issues.

Sadly it seems like we’re the only club who is happy to fall on their sword when a player wants out.

If we accept a 2nd rounder for our best player then I’m seriously done.

30+ years of membership isn’t worth it if the club is that weak.

I don't think you would say that if you knew exactly what was going on.

No Dangerfield was a free agent. They traded for Dangerfield because it was a better outcome for both clubs than they would have got through AFL free agency compensation rules.

Next year Steven is contracted so they will have to pay overs, the following year Steven is an UFA and then the situation becomes he same as Dangerfield.

The compensation proposed by the AFL would determine whether we would follow the Dangerfield scenario (trade) or let him go to Geelong for nix because the compo is better than any trade we could get.

It wasn’t better for both clubs at all. It was much better for Adelaide but definitely not for the Cats.

Geelong were pushed into a corner due to the Phil Walsh tragedy. They did the right thing by trading a pick & a player they could have kept in light of the what had happened. They would have been heavily criticised if they had played hard ball.

Adelaide threatened to match the offer but never did and probably would not have anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very mindful of Jack’s welfare but being compassionate for him & wanting to club to not be a pushover aren’t mutually exclusive.

Beams was in a dark place last year & Brisbane still got very good value for one of their best players.

I’m just sick of getting bent over by big clubs...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very mindful of Jack’s welfare but being compassionate for him & wanting to club to not be a pushover aren’t mutually exclusive.

Beams was in a dark place last year & Brisbane still got very good value for one of their best players.

I’m just sick of getting bent over by big clubs...

Not suggesting being a pushover but at least Beams was playing. There is no certainty Jack plays again. And where does being strong get you. We tried that with Bally. Sometimes you just are unlucky. If we get close to a late first rounder and early second then that's about as good as we could expect in the circumstances. Who is to say he doesn't stay. He is a still out player at the moment. I just want him to want to play again.

That's the crux of half the issue re discussion on here Pluggs

Those like me who don't know the ins and outs of what's going on can only pass comment on what we know. (And I have zero interest in what it is coz it's none of my business)

The issue is though, we make comments on black and white coz that's all we know when some things are distinctly grey

That's the crux of half the issue re discussion on here Pluggs

Those like me who don't know the ins and outs of what's going on can only pass comment on what we know. (And I have zero interest in what it is coz it's none of my business)

The issue is though, we make comments on black and white coz that's all we know when some things are distinctly grey

Understand that. Its a real catch 22. I think we can guess its pretty serious when he has been absent most of the year. I heard on Sunday he wont play again this year. Hope the person saying it has no idea.

I hope for the best for Jack. Just like a hope for the best for Tom Boyd, Beams & everyone else on this planet that are fighting depression.

I equally hope that our club sticks by its guns & doesn’t get bent over. If that means Jack sits out next year then so be it. He will get paid handsomely & have more time on his hands for rehabilitation.

Jack owes the club as much as the club owes him. It’s been a mutually beneficial relationship so far, hope it continues that way even if Jack departs.

I hope for the best for Jack. Just like a hope for the best for Tom Boyd, Beams & everyone else on this planet that are fighting depression.

I equally hope that our club sticks by its guns & doesn’t get bent over. If that means Jack sits out next year then so be it. He will get paid handsomely & have more time on his hands for rehabilitation.

Jack owes the club as much as the club owes him. It’s been a mutually beneficial relationship so far, hope it continues that way even if Jack departs.

If Jack goes he is just asking for a trade. Whether he owes the club or not has little to do with it. Its up to the club not Jack to get the trade done and you can bet if he wants to go the trade will get done. That im certain of. When was the last player to stand out of footy because a trade couldn't get done. Cant think of one.

If Jack goes he is just asking for a trade. Whether he owes the club or not has little to do with it. Its up to the club not Jack to get the trade done and you can bet if he wants to go the trade will get done. That im certain of. When was the last player to stand out of footy because a trade couldn't get done. Cant think of one.

McCarthy for GWS.

I’ll also add that according to Jack’s manager he sort a trade to the Cats last year & was denied. Now he’s sitting out most of this year. Is this just a coincidence? I’m legit asking.

If we end up with the pick that should be used to big on GWS’ academy player, then there’s every chance we’d be looking to trade with them.

Currently, their 1st round pick (and more) will get consumed in the bidding process, so there’s a large enough incentive to trade up to our pick, use it, and then pay for their elite academy player with nothing picks.

They’d need to add a very good player in conjunction with their 1st pick, though, given the gap between us. From GWS’s perspective, it would look like this:

Scenario A:
Obtain academy player + draft further ~3rd round player

Scenario B:
Obtain academy player + top 3 talent

Considering they always need to move on players due to cap constraints and their abundance of guns, then we could easily pitch the benefit of not only benefitting their cap, but also ensuring 2 elite kids get added to their list.

McCarthy for GWS.

I’ll also add that according to Jack’s manager he sort a trade to the Cats last year & was denied. Now he’s sitting out most of this year. Is this just a coincidence? I’m legit asking.

I can 100% say no. I don't think you try and play early if you are standing out the year or upset at the club. Nothing to do with it.

If we end up with the pick that should be used to big on GWS’ academy player, then there’s every chance we’d be looking to trade with them.

Currently, their 1st round pick (and more) will get consumed in the bidding process, so there’s a large enough incentive to trade up to our pick, use it, and then pay for their elite academy player with nothing picks.

They’d need to add a very good player in conjunction with their 1st pick, though, given the gap between us. From GWS’s perspective, it would look like this:

Scenario A:
Obtain academy player + draft further ~3rd round player

Scenario B:
Obtain academy player + top 3 talent

Considering they always need to move on players due to cap constraints and their abundance of guns, then we could easily pitch the benefit of not only benefitting their cap, but also ensuring 2 elite kids get added to their list.
Does Green get bid on at Pick 3? I'd assume we would if we finish 3rd last

Umm, Rankine for pick 2/1. Crows don't need mids so not much point in them keeping that pick. I'd want p1 for Anderson or forget it.

I think that's pie in the sky stuff unfortunately. Crapish list, bottom 4 for 2 years and a new coach. Mid tear guys like Tomlinson might come for the cash and a Bonar type might come for opportunity, but we'll need at least a year of stability and improvement under a new coach. If we lose Jake and Stuv too it will screw us completely and force a reset.
We'll be moneyballing again this year in all likelihood. It worked alright last year but l suspect the state leagues have been picked pretty clean of the Parker, Wilkie, Marsh types now..
Why would we lose Carlisle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back