List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt GWS will accept pick 93

Yea well we are not talking about Newnes’ realistic value but what we’d get if he left as a FA.

Without taking into account other compensation & academy/father son picks:

Band 1 - pick 6
Band 2 - pick 19
Band 3 - pick 25
Band 4 - pick 42

I reckon we’d get at least band 4, band 3 would be nice though.

At this stage I think we'll use pick 4 on a trade. That's just gut feel, but there are a couple on the radar. I'm not great on list management though.. The guys keep it ridiculously close to the chest as you'd assume.

Happy for us to use it on a trade but gee it would need to be for a premium player. No way we do what SOS has done & trade down for players that haven’t shown anything yet. I’d prefer to hit the draft with pick 4 if that were the case.

Yea well we are not taking about Newnes’ realistic value but what we’d get if he left as a FA.

Band 1 - pick 5
Band 2 - pick 19
Band 3 - pick 24
Band 4 - pick 41

Band 3 would be delicious and better than we'd get in a trade. if we can, take that and run.

What would that be? 4 year deal and 500k p.a? I literally have no idea how that works.

Band 3 would be delicious and better than we'd get in a trade. if we can, take that and run.

What would that be? 4 year deal and 500k p.a? I literally have no idea how that works.

Apparently Frawley on 650k got Melbourne band 1. Seems legit.

I think you’re about right. I can’t see him getting that amount though. Maybe mid 4’s at a pinch.

Happy for us to use it on a trade but gee it would need to be for a premium player. No way we do what SOS has done & trade down for players that haven’t shown anything yet. I’d prefer to hit the draft with pick 4 if that were the case.
Yeah sure.. We wouldn't just trade it away unless its something premium you'd think.

From what I see. We have a very good group of young kids. King and Bytel haven't even played a game.

We need some mature elite talent over the top to complement this. Now, FA hasn't worked and i doubt we'll attract the very top talent just yet, but if we can get one or two A grade mids into the mix, different story.

Yeah sure.. We wouldn't just trade it away unless its something premium you'd think.

From what I see. We have a very good group of young kids. King and Bytel haven't even played a game.

We need some mature elite talent over the top to complement this. Now, FA hasn't worked and i doubt we'll attract the very top talent just yet, but if we can get one or two A grade mids into the mix, different story.

This is why it’s so important to finish the year off well. If we can do a Brisbane & show some promise it may sway a few players in wanting to come to us. Imagine inserting a Lachie Neal type into the midfield.

Apparently Frawley on 650k got Melbourne band 1. Seems legit.

I think you’re about right. I can’t see him getting that amount though. Maybe mid 4’s at a pinch.

Frawley was a very thinly disguised priority pick - netted them Brayshaw.
“Transparent” AFL house doing what it does best.

This is why it’s so important to finish the year off well. If we can do a Brisbane & show some promise it may sway a few players in wanting to come to us. Imagine inserting a Lachie Neal type into the midfield.
Totally agree. And for the players confidence into next year.. Continuous losses really affects the mindset of the players.

If we go from a 4 win season and another bottom 6 finish, it can't be good.

Yea well we are not talking about Newnes’ realistic value but what we’d get if he left as a FA.

Band 1 - pick 6
Band 2 - pick 19
Band 3 - pick 25
Band 4 - pick 42

I figure he'll only leave if he gets offered some decent coin, so i'd expect that would put him in 3 or 4.
If we picked up someone else like Coniglio, we'd get nothing.

Totally agree. And for the players confidence into next year.. Continuous losses really affects the mindset of the players.

If we go from a 4 win season and another bottom 6 finish, it can't be good.

If things go as I expect, new coach against the Dogs & we get on a role. Wins against the Dogs, Dees, Freo & Blues gives us 10 wins & a little optimism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figure he'll only leave if he gets offered some decent coin, so i'd expect that would put him in 3 or 4.
If we picked up someone else like Coniglio, we'd get nothing.

Yea agree but I’m thinking the length of the deal comes into it as well. He may only get offered two years if he sticks around whereas he may get an extra year or two if he leaves. Similar salary though.

I wouldn't go near Bonar personally.. he's been super disappointing in the NEAFL this year.

All the new draftees have gone straight past him. Think he's only played one decent game ( had a couple of small injuries ).

I'n starting to back away from Caldwell. I absolutely love the kid, but another soft tissue only 2 weeks back. He looks to be an unlucky kid that will be hampered with them.
Bonar has been named in the best 5 our of his first 9 games so why his form probably isn't as good as they'd like, it's not awful. I was pretty impressed by his AFL games this year and I think he'd come at a decent price.

I wasn't keen on Caldwell last year because of his body and even less keen on him now. You'd want him cheap to take the punt.

I think that's pie in the sky stuff unfortunately. Crapish list, bottom 4 for 2 years and a new coach. Mid tear guys like Tomlinson might come for the cash and a Bonar type might come for opportunity, but we'll need at least a year of stability and improvement under a new coach. If we lose Jake and Stuv too it will screw us completely and force a reset.
We'll be moneyballing again this year in all likelihood. It worked alright last year but l suspect the state leagues have been picked pretty clean of the Parker, Wilkie, Marsh types now..

Currently looking at pick 5 in the draft which puts us right in the sweet spot.

Rowell & Anderson go top 2 & Green is an academy player so they are out of the equation.

Then we are looking at Ash, Young or Kemp who all look like high end talents.

It would need to be a very good player to trade our first away for.

Yea agree but I’m thinking the length of the deal comes into it as well. He may only get offered two years if he sticks around whereas he may get an extra year or two if he leaves. Similar salary though.
His age also comes into I think which would help us. Hopefully if he goes it's to somewhere with a bit of cap space that offer him 3 years.

Bonar has been named in the best 5 our of his first 9 games so why his form probably isn't as good as they'd like, it's not awful. I was pretty impressed by his AFL games this year and I think he'd come at a decent price.

I wasn't keen on Caldwell last year because of his body and even less keen on him now. You'd want him cheap to take the punt.
I was impressed with him at AFL level as well. From what I've seen of him and heard from mates up there, he's really only had a couple of good games. The few he's snuck into the best were very token. But without knowing the whole situation - could be like Coffield. Playing ok in the reserves, but we all know he's got what it takes. Just needs a hug and a go.. Unfortunately not sure Bonar gets a go with all the talent in front of him. Or a hug.

Rowell & Anderson go top 2 & Green is an academy player so they are out of the equation.

I think we're looking at pick 3 or 4. Hopefully a gun midfielder.

Any of those in our first pick range interstate boys? SA clubs in particular seem to love getting homegrown talent in the door, which opens up possibilities for such a high pick. But couldn’t agree more, would need to be a serious trade win to part with it.

Any of those in our first pick range interstate boys? SA clubs in particular seem to love getting homegrown talent in the door, which opens up possibilities for such a high pick. But couldn’t agree more, would need to be a serious trade win to part with it.

Dylan Stephens. Midfielder that plays like Hugh Mcluggage. Currently rated at 12 in knightmares power rankings.

Pick 5 for pick 2 & a swap of next year’s first round picks? Adelaide like to gamble, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back