List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Rendell said Campbell is the best kick he has ever seen šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
Campbell Is a beautiful kick of the ball, there's no better evidence than his highlights. What his highlights also show is his natural left foot dominance, where is his right foot. He can use his right foot but is it as natural as his left.

That's why I like Hollands so much, it's natural for Hollands to move left or right in traffic because he can use either side of his body to distribute the footy.

Last edited:

Good looking type dave. Moves well, good hands

but I think he is the 1 that had 2 ACL's or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Though looks the Type we need IF we have a 1st Round Pick to use on a Live Prospect and not Reef

but I think he is the 1 that had 2 ACL's or am I mixing him up with someone else?

Though looks the Type we need IF we have a 1st Round Pick to use on a Live Prospect and not Reef
1 complete rupture of maybe the left ACL? Can't say that with any degree of certainty though, and then a minor tear of his other one I believe

Yep. Heā€™d be another one in top 10 conversation this year if he hadnā€™t done his knee again. Iā€™m not sure weā€™d have the balls to pull the trigger on him after Scharenberg unless heā€™s available after the first round. Super talent.

Will Phillips is the best mid in the draft. Had a better finals series than Noah Anderson and in my view matched the performance on impact of Rowell.

Phillips' final for Oakleigh v Sandringham which can be found on YouTube he was B.O.G. for mine.

58d02dfe1400008806070815.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we missed out on a KPP for our first pick but were miraculously able to draft Phillips, I would still be thrilled tbh. Phillips, Reef and Daicos in 2021 would terrify opposition midfields for the next decade. Weā€™d definitely need to try to take a chance on a slider like Baldwin later in the draft though (assuming clubs are scared off by his knee).

If we missed out on a KPP for our first pick but were miraculously able to draft Phillips, I would still be thrilled tbh. Phillips, Reef and Daicos in 2021 would terrify opposition midfields for the next decade. Weā€™d definitely need to try to take a chance on a slider like Baldwin later in the draft though (assuming clubs are scared off by his knee).
I think thatā€™s what we will do. the TOP tier KPF are out of reach, grab a mid and try and find a bargain after reef. The only question is, if we finish in the 8, will we need to use our first on reef... do we look to trade up? Or run the risk reef is still available and we can use our first elsewhere

I think thatā€™s what we will do. the TOP tier KPF are out of reach, grab a mid and try and find a bargain after reef. The only question is, if we finish in the 8, will we need to use our first on reef... do we look to trade up? Or run the risk reef is still available and we can use our first elsewhere
We could potentially trade up. Depends on where they expect a bid. We also have our 2021 first as a trade chip. If we play our cards right thereā€™s every chance we could get two quality kids before a bid comes.

This is the year for it. Next year N Daicos would cost us a first pick, might as well get rid of it.
Itā€™s a good point; that 2021 first likely gets traded away either this year or next before the 2021 draft.

Itā€™s a good point; that 2021 first likely gets traded away either this year or next before the 2021 draft.
Trading in an extra first this year essentially gives us a head start on rebuilding our midfield on the fly. Being able to grab two elite mids this year in addition to a tall and Daicos next year is entirely possible given the lucky position weā€™ve found ourselves in with the NGA and FS system. If we play our cards right the next two drafts can really set us up for the post-Pendles/Sidebottom era.

Clarkson having a go at the draft, which I agree with. Expect full blown changes next year now.

Knowing our luck itā€™ll be no father sons can be matched in the first round šŸ˜‚
Theyā€™ll never restrict priority access to father/sons. Itā€™s the one unique romantic thing our sport has over any other code.

lot will depend on where daicos is tipped to go in the draft.

If he is THAT good, and goes top 3 for example:
1. 3000pts discount 2400pts
2: 2517pts (2013pts)
3. 2234pts (1787pts)

If we finish in top 8 conservatively say 8th next year. First pick is pick 10 1395pts. That still leaves deficit of 380ish even using our first. If we donā€™t have a first rounder By trading it, that makes reaching those points even Harder...

if we trade next years first, and daicos is picked early, we will need a lot of shuffling to match points. Same this year with UGLE, likely No 1 pick. I donā€™t see how Dogs canā€™t part with their first rounder otherwise they will struggle to find points..

thatā€™s my understanding anyways. Iā€™m no expert.

My son just showed me an interview with McDonald (probably old news) - said he would love to play for the Pies. Shame it's pretty much no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back