List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If our first pick looks like going out from 14 to 17, surely we match any bid from 5 to 16?

Just because we don't necessarily have him as 6th, 7th, 8th or whatever... even if we have him as 15th we'll be getting a better player than the one we'd select at 17ish.
I’d be surprised if we don’t match and I don’t expect he will be in that range. Rightly so the club are distancing themselves because the last thing they want is a club ahead of them to know they will match so there’s no risk of putting a bid on. Clubs will usually bid in the range they see that player, but in the chance they have even one player they rate higher ahead of McInnes, even it will make them think twice which is the only card to play.

If we trade up the draft, is that so we can guarantee that no one bids on Reef? just trying to get my head around it. So, we would have to trade 14 and 16 to say get a top 10 pick, then hopefully swap next years first for this year and have say pick 8 and 15 plus Reef. Is that right coz this sh*t does my head in
Something like that, yes. Although I’d hope that we could get a better return than pick 15 on our 2021 first considering it’s meant to be a stronger and less compromised draft.

If James Rowe can’t get a gig this year I don’t know when he will. His forward craft is elite and better than a lot of small forwards at AFL level.

Yeah we should be having a good look at him, but unfortunately he likely wont be there late in the ND or by the time our first pick comes around in the rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Keitel or Rowe but that's about it
Tom Highmore is a very good player. Someone I have watched quite a bit of. Probably not a glaring need as he’d probably be a 3rd intercepting tall at AFL level.

Alec Waterman is the one I am interested in. I reckon WC would be keen to take him back on. Needed a few years to get his body right after glandular fever, but he can be a dangerous medium forward imo.

If we trade up the draft, is that so we can guarantee that no one bids on Reef? just trying to get my head around it. So, we would have to trade 14 and 16 to say get a top 10 pick, then hopefully swap next years first for this year and have say pick 8 and 15 plus Reef. Is that right coz this sh*t does my head in
If we value Reef as a top 15 pick, then it's a no brainer. We use 14 & 16 to swap with a top 10 pick, or we use 16 and next year's 1st for a top 10 pick.

Either way, we still have 2 picks in the 1st round, but at least 1 of them will be in the top 10. Obviously only if there is a certain player we really want.

Something like that, yes. Although I’d hope that we could get a better return than pick 15 on our 2021 first considering it’s meant to be a stronger and less compromised draft.

Agree. Can pies trade back say 14 for 18 and 19? That way we can feel better matching an early bid for reef. Even if it’s 14-16 our picks will be pushed back past that. Go to draft night knowing we will comfortably match any bid then if the opportunity presents use next years first or second picks with one of this years picks to move up and grab the player we want/can at that moment! Like the blues did a year or 2 ago!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back