List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Can pies trade back say 14 for 18 and 19? That way we can feel better matching an early bid for reef. Even if it’s 14-16 our picks will be pushed back past that. Go to draft night knowing we will comfortably match any bid then if the opportunity presents use next years first or second picks with one of this years picks to move up and grab the player we want/can at that moment! Like the blues did a year or 2 ago!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clubs won’t trade two first round picks for a 4 pick upgrade.

Clubs won’t trade two first round picks for a 4 pick upgrade.

Yeah right. Maybe one of those and a later pick. Something past pick 16 so we can use on reef. Without worrying about 14. Or trade up higher.

After checking the bombers boards it seems fans aren’t into him anyway. They are all over Reid Cox and Perkins!

I think Keitel has been discussed on this board the last two years. Surprised me he's only 24, for some reason I thought he was a bit older (maybe due to having read about him for a few years in a row now). Continues to be a consistent performer in the WAFL, wouldn't mind seeing us take the plunge and take him.

That James Rowe also seems like an exciting prospect. Haven't seen him play, so maybe a WAFL watcher could shed some light on him? Based on his numbers and write up he could be Liam Ryan 2.0?

Yeah right. Maybe one of those and a later pick. Something past pick 16 so we can use on reef. Without worrying about 14. Or trade up higher.

After checking the bombers boards it seems fans aren’t into him anyway. They are all over Reid Cox and Perkins!

Given we can use as many late picks as we like for points, we’re far better off trying to trade up the order and getting some late picks from a team who only wants to take a couple of live picks to the draft.
And it really doesn’t matter who the fans are in to. 99% of the time we get it wrong. This board was all over Laverde in 2014. At the moment everyone is getting caught up in Reefs attributes and overlooking his lack of exposed form and subsequently relatively low numbers.

Last edited:
I think Keitel has been discussed on this board the last two years. Surprised me he's only 24, for some reason I thought he was a bit older (maybe due to having read about him for a few years in a row now). Continues to be a consistent performer in the WAFL, wouldn't mind seeing us take the plunge and take him.

That James Rowe also seems like an exciting prospect. Haven't seen him play, so maybe a WAFL watcher could shed some light on him? Based on his numbers and write up he could be Liam Ryan 2.0?
Rowe is one of those small forwards who just has sensational forward craft. Reads the marking contests, able to get to the right spots, has set plays, his work in space to read a tap and do it before anyone else to crumb a goal is remarkable. He's been knocked for his size (low 170s) and his defensive pressure, but his offensive ability to hit the scoreboard is unbelievable and he can do it multiple ways. Certainly worth a late/rookie pic because I'd rather him over a number of established forwards across the board. Ie. I believe he would offer more than Josh Thomas for example, or certainly more than those in the bottom few spots on our list.

Given we can use as many late picks as we like for points, we’re far better off trying to trade up the order and getting some late picks from a team who only wants to take a couple of live picks to the draft.
And it really doesn’t matter who the fans are in to. 99% of the time we get it wrong. This board was all over Laverde in 2014. At the moment everyone is getting caught up in Reefs attributes and overlooking his lack of exposed form and subsequently relatively low numbers.

You just described pretty the majority of potential draftees this year. WAFL only played an 8 game season plus 3 weeks of finals. SANFL played 14 games plus 3 weeks of finals. No AFL was played in east coast junior football or state leagues. No U18 carnival, which is where you see how players in the current crop fare against more elite competition.

Every single prospect has played less (or no) football and has largely not had an opportunity to show their wares against their more elite peers. There are a few rare exceptions such as McDonald, who has done the business at the top level in the WAFL, but otherwise all other draftees are lacking exposure to some degree and many of them have missed out on crucial development in their final year of junior footy.

Personally I think Reef looks pretty good as a kid who has shown that he can switch it up as evidenced by grabbing 30 possessions when given a game in the midfield, after playing mostly at either end of the ground previously.

To be perfectly honest this entire draft will likely be more of a crap shoot than usual anyway, given that many prospects will have been stuck behind top aged players last year and this year was meant to be where they would get the opportunity to step up (which some draftees benefit from and others do not), so I'm less fussed about "unproven" prospects who have just shown flashes than I normally would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowe is one of those small forwards who just has sensational forward craft. Reads the marking contests, able to get to the right spots, has set plays, his work in space to read a tap and do it before anyone else to crumb a goal is remarkable. He's been knocked for his size (low 170s) and his defensive pressure, but his offensive ability to hit the scoreboard is unbelievable and he can do it multiple ways. Certainly worth a late/rookie pic because I'd rather him over a number of established forwards across the board. Ie. I believe he would offer more than Josh Thomas for example, or certainly more than those in the bottom few spots on our list.
He's no good to us because Bucks doesn't like small forwards who kick goals, he would just turn him into Thomas anyway

Makes little difference if Ess. fans are/aren't into him, what does Dodildo think?

You just described pretty the majority of potential draftees this year. WAFL only played an 8 game season plus 3 weeks of finals. SANFL played 14 games plus 3 weeks of finals. No AFL was played in east coast junior football or state leagues. No U18 carnival, which is where you see how players in the current crop fare against more elite competition.

Every single prospect has played less (or no) football and has largely not had an opportunity to show their wares against their more elite peers. There are a few rare exceptions such as McDonald, who has done the business at the top level in the WAFL, but otherwise all other draftees are lacking exposure to some degree and many of them have missed out on crucial development in their final year of junior footy.

Personally I think Reef looks pretty good as a kid who has shown that he can switch it up as evidenced by grabbing 30 possessions when given a game in the midfield, after playing mostly at either end of the ground previously.

To be perfectly honest this entire draft will likely be more of a crap shoot than usual anyway, given that many prospects will have been stuck behind top aged players last year and this year was meant to be where they would get the opportunity to step up (which some draftees benefit from and others do not), so I'm less fussed about "unproven" prospects who have just shown flashes than I normally would be.
Cheers, but you’ve completely misunderstood what I meant. Reefs lack of exposed form relates to him midfield time. He only played 3 games last year as a mid, and that was during the National Champs, while teams were weakened. He’s a nice utility, but people were banking on him taking that next step as a mid this year, which is why his rating was so high early year and now has subsequently slipped. While you’re right in saying it’s a lottery with most Victorian kids, it’s more so with McInness at this point because unlike someone like Phillips or Macrae, he didn’t play a full year last year in that position that clubs will be looking to use him in at AFL level, hence, lack of exposure.

hey hey! i'm looking at doing some quick five min videos for a 'draft watch' series of players we can recruit with out current picks and some spicy ones if we can trade up.

so far i've got: james rowe, archie perkins, eddie ford, zach reid, nikolas cox, jackson callow, elijah hollands, reef (i interviewed him the other day! such an awesome dude) and logan mcdonald (interviewed him as well!

who else could we pick up that's worth looking at?

cheers legends!

hey hey! i'm looking at doing some quick five min videos for a 'draft watch' series of players we can recruit with out current picks and some spicy ones if we can trade up.

so far i've got: james rowe, archie perkins, eddie ford, zach reid, nikolas cox, jackson callow, elijah hollands, reef (i interviewed him the other day! such an awesome dude) and logan mcdonald (interviewed him as well!

who else could we pick up that's worth looking at?

cheers legends!
Brayden Cook, Bailey Laurie, Kaine Baldwin, Ollie Lord, Riley Thilthorpe

Collingwood very into Tom Highmore from South Adelaide, can confirm

193cm third tall defender, plays like Ben Stratton I would say. I'd be hesitant to use national draft picks on a third tall, however after Shaz and Langdon's dismal disappearances from our future, it wouldn't be the worst idea to recruit some depth.

193cm third tall defender, plays like Ben Stratton I would say. I'd be hesitant to use national draft picks on a third tall, however after Shaz and Langdon's dismal disappearances from our future, it wouldn't be the worst idea to recruit some depth.

Don't we have enough if these third tall defender types already?

Mature ager, 22yo. Wouldn’t be against it for a late pick as a Shaz replacement. Originally from Canberra before Sth Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

• Each club must have a minimum of 37 players with a maximum of 44 players. The primary list must have no less than 36 players and no more than 38 players. The maximum number of Category A rookies will be 4-6 (depending on the number of Primary List Players and with the maximum across those two lists not exceeding 42) and the maximum number of category B rookies shall be 2.

We have 37 right now, unless we delist some more from those in limbo, we can still add more.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back