List Mgmt. 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood very into Tom Highmore from South Adelaide, can confirm

193cm third tall defender, plays like Ben Stratton I would say. I'd be hesitant to use national draft picks on a third tall, however after Shaz and Langdon's dismal disappearances from our future, it wouldn't be the worst idea to recruit some depth.
If he’s a mature ager I’d say it’s likely we’re looking at him for the rookie draft.

He'll have plenty of interest from other clubs too
Ok. He doesn’t play in an area of urgent need for us, so I can’t see why there would be any sort of urgency behind his recruitment. We’re in to plenty of players each year that we end up missing or passing on for various reasons. In a year where there’s only likely to be 40-50 selections in total I don’t see him being grabbed in the ND.

• Each club must have a minimum of 37 players with a maximum of 44 players. The primary list must have no less than 36 players and no more than 38 players. The maximum number of Category A rookies will be 4-6 (depending on the number of Primary List Players and with the maximum across those two lists not exceeding 42) and the maximum number of category B rookies shall be 2.

We have 37 right now, unless we delist some more from those in limbo, we can still add more.
I don't think there has been any news on Wills or Appleby. They'll be lucky to survive the cut.

I have 31 contracted senior list players and 3 contracted rookies. Wilson, Noble and Keane. I haven't seen anywhere that Noble or Keane have been elevated to the senior list.

I haven't seen Madgen, Tohill, Appleby or Wills, re-contracted or delisted on either the rookie or senior list as yet.

193cm third tall defender, plays like Ben Stratton I would say. I'd be hesitant to use national draft picks on a third tall, however after Shaz and Langdon's dismal disappearances from our future, it wouldn't be the worst idea to recruit some depth.
Just about the last thing we need

Do we need another half back flanker, too short for KPD in the AFL so seems like a waste of a pick to me

• Each club must have a minimum of 37 players with a maximum of 44 players. The primary list must have no less than 36 players and no more than 38 players. The maximum number of Category A rookies will be 4-6 (depending on the number of Primary List Players and with the maximum across those two lists not exceeding 42) and the maximum number of category B rookies shall be 2.

We have 37 right now, unless we delist some more from those in limbo, we can still add more.

Do we have 37 in total or 37 senior listed?
Surely with the retirements, tradings and delistings we would be well under 37 primary listed players...

Alright, so I grabbed hold of Dan's super computer and came up with this.

Pick 1 Adelaide: Riley Thilthorpe. Think there has already been enough said about McDonald being a genuine flight risk, with WCE expected to come hard within 2 years. Adelaide won't bid on JUH as it will rob them of the media spotlight and their draftee will miss out on the NAB portfolio. Local lad and need a KPP, so it just makes sense.

Pick 2 Bulldogs: JUH (match NM bid)

Pick 3 North Melbourne: Logan McDonald. McDonald in for Ben Brown. Not the worst result.

Pick 4 Sydney: Elijah Hollands. Kennedy/Parker successor.

Pick 5 Hawthorn: DGB. Frawley and the fact they've used McEvoy as a key back recently speaks volumes.

Pick 6 Sydney: Campbell (match GCS bid, returning the favour of Sydney bidding on Bowes in 2016)

Pick 7 Gold Coast: Will Phillips. Come back to Vic in 2 years Will!

Pick 8 Essendon: Tanner Bruhn

Pick 9 Essendon: Zach Reid

Collingwood trade Future First (cur. 13 based solely on 2020 ladder), Dogs Future Second (cur. 30 based on 2020 ladder) for Essendon Pick 10.

Pick 10 Collingwood: Heath Chapman

Pick 11 Port Adelaide: Lachlan Jones (matching Adelaide's bid)

Pies then trade the two firsts (at this stage 17 and 19) to the Crows for what at this stage is 12 (the future first they got from GWS last year) and the Rory Atkins compensation, at this stage 43.

Pick 12 Collingwood: Nik Cox

Pick 13 Gold Coast: Alex Davies (matching GWS bid, whom return the favour of GCS bidding on Tom Green in 2019).

Pick 14 GWS: Archie Perkins

Pick 15 North Melbourne: Oliver Henry

Pick 16 Fremantle: Nathan O'Driscoll

Pick 17 GWS: Finlay Macrae

Pick 18 Adelaide: Tom Powell

Pick 19 Sydney: Errol Gulden (match GWS bid)

Pick 20 Collingwood: Reef McInnes (match GWS bid)

Pick 21 GWS: Brayden Cook

Pick 22 Adelaide: Kaine Baldwin

Pick 23 Richmond: Jack Carroll

Pick 24 Melbourne: Caleb Poulter

Pick 25 Melbourne: Zane Trew

Pick 26 GWS: Jackson Callow

Pick 27 St Kilda: Zavier Maher

And then the super computer malfunctioned.

By the way Pie 4 Life, what are your thoughts on Heath Chapman as a player? Granted I've only just watched his highlights but he looks pretty good to me. Especially with Howe now 30+ and Roughead bearing the end.

Mature ager, 22yo. Wouldn’t be against it for a late pick as a Shaz replacement. Originally from Canberra before Sth Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should do well knows how to kick short and sideways and when he kicks long forward takes ages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about the last thing we need

We like intercept marking 3rd tall defenders. Langdon looks gone. Shaz is gone. Howe is not young and coming back from a knee injury Murphy isnt established and is always injured. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a spot on that type of player.

We like intercept marking 3rd tall defenders. Langdon looks gone. Shaz is gone. Howe is not young and coming back from a knee injury Murphy isnt established and is always injured. I wouldn't be surprised if we used a spot on that type of player.

Agree. The "we've got too many third talls" thing is literally as old as saying our midfield is stacked.

Do we have 37 in total or 37 senior listed?
Surely with the retirements, tradings and delistings we would be well under 37 primary listed players...
You're right, 35. I'm not including Beams. But if we include him its 36
Tohil, Keane, Noble, Wilson
Anyone else on the rookie list?

De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
T.Brown
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
*not counting beams*
Adams
Cameron
Mayne
C.Brown
Greenwood (word was we're gonna give him another contract)
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Daicos
Kelly
Murphy
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Bianco
Rantall
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Ruscoe
Mihochek
Tohil
Keane
Cox
Wilson

Agree. The "we've got too many third talls" thing is literally as old as saying our midfield is stacked.

Nice hands, can we turn him into a forward?, seems to read the flight of the ball really well

De Goey
Quaynor
Grundy
Elliott
T.Brown
Langdon
Noble
Pendles
*not counting beams*
Adams
Cameron
Mayne
C.Brown
Greenwood (word was we're gonna give him another contract)
Sidebottom
Roughy
Thomas
Crisp
Daicos
Kelly
Murphy
Moore
Appleby
WHE
Wills
Bianco
Rantall
Sier
Maynard
Howe
Ruscoe
Mihochek
Tohil
Keane
Cox
Wilson

Does that mean we can add up to 10 players?

Pick 1 Adelaide: Riley Thilthorpe. Think there has already been enough said about McDonald being a genuine flight risk, with WCE expected to come hard within 2 years. Adelaide won't bid on JUH as it will rob them of the media spotlight and their draftee will miss out on the NAB portfolio. Local lad and need a KPP, so it just makes sense.

Pick 3 North Melbourne: Logan McDonald. McDonald in for Ben Brown. Not the worst result.

Pick 5 Hawthorn: DGB. Frawley and the fact they've used McEvoy as a key back recently speaks volumes.

Pick 6 Sydney: Campbell (match GCS bid, returning the favour of Sydney bidding on Bowes in 2016)

Collingwood trade Future First (cur. 13 based solely on 2020 ladder), Dogs Future Second (cur. 30 based on 2020 ladder) for Essendon Pick 10.

Pies then trade the two firsts (at this stage 17 and 19) to the Crows for what at this stage is 12 (the future first they got from GWS last year) and the Rory Atkins compensation, at this stage 43.

Pick 13 Gold Coast: Alex Davies (matching GWS bid, whom return the favour of GCS bidding on Tom Green in 2019).

By the way Pie 4 Life, what are your thoughts on Heath Chapman as a player? Granted I've only just watched his highlights but he looks pretty good to me. Especially with Howe now 30+ and Roughead bearing the end.
Yeah quite like Chapman, wouldn't mind him at one of our picks, value in the first round for sure. Great penetrating kick and attacking defender, not too dissimilar to Howe in many ways, not in the aerial ability but with his intercepting and rebounding work, and kicking.

Yeah quite like Chapman, wouldn't mind him at one of our picks, value in the first round for sure. Great penetrating kick and attacking defender, not too dissimilar to Howe in many ways, not in the aerial ability but with his intercepting and rebounding work, and kicking.

May even play the corridor too much for our liking...

Nice hands, can we turn him into a forward?, seems to read the flight of the ball really well

Does that mean we can add up to 10 players?
Yeah, we have a max of 44 players.
HAVE to have a minimum of 36 on the primary list. Max 38.
The list above, if we think Beams will be off the list, then thats 32 on the primary, we can add a minimum of 4 more players, max 6. We can also add a couple to the rookie list.

To add to the bank of Reef draft opinions, a general article on the draft by Gleenson and Colangelo is on the age website.

"Ugle-Hagan, Campbell and Jones will be called out very early. The Hawks, for instance, are very interested in Campbell and so he could go early while Jones is rated a top 10 pick. Gulden could be a late first-round pick.
Recruiters figure that McInnes and Downie are possible second-round picks, Brand and Rioli probable third-round picks."

It is actually 38 including Beams. 31 on Senior list and 7 rookies (at this stage)

Appleby, Mihocek, Magden are still as rookies however if they remain at Pies they must be upgraded to senior list as their 3 years as rookies is past.

Still think a chance Appleby could be de-listed.

I believe GC any academy players they want are pre-listed, and therefore not bid on in the draft. Just to mess your numbers up.

You’re welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back