List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get Crouch purely so we can call him Bert Couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked it when someone came up with "Dingly Liquorlands" a year or so back, but unfortunately, like Mayo he has moved on without really getting a chance. A couple of covid casualties.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they wanted, they could just wait a week and get him as a delisted FA or in the preseason draft instead.

Of all the players to take a stand for to ensure we get their value back, Hind isn't the one. Pick 58 or pick 68 makes little difference in the end.

He might be re contracted if Lonie goes, probably waiting on list sizes to call it.

Yep , Webster is the one that could come back to bite us

It's another legacy of Trout and Richo's obsession with average HBFs. Robbo is contracted so probably stops us moving him on instead. It would be good if one could play regular footy so that Clark can play mids.

Just wondering if anyone else remembers saying there was someone at GWS who couldn't stand playing with Treloar? Was it Shiel, or Coniglio or somebody? I was thinking that if there's any truth to the news about the Collingwood leadership group - could it be that Treloar's a bit of a rankling knob?
Not that Crouch seems like the perfect role model, but wondering from a personality/character perspective if maybe we should ignore both, go to the draft and think about next year's targets instead.

I’m not happy about the one year offer to Lonie, I like the replacement of Higgins for Lonie even less. When you are always bringing in guys from other clubs your forget the guys you have. Lonie is a very popular member of the group and has been with us from the start of the rebuild. Your removing part of the teams soul and identity and I do not like it one bit. Also people underate what he does on the field . Multiple times he’s stuck his body o ln the line and stood up when no body else is.

Clark will eventually move to the midfield , and Webster is better than Long and Geary. Good clubs generally have good depth. Abbott got a game in 2020 , we have to have a better standard than that.

Most don't want to play VFL unless they are shit though. Not many want to play there in the hope of maybe getting a run in the future.

Clark will eventually move to the midfield , and Webster is better than Long and Geary. Good clubs generally have good depth. Abbott got a game in 2020 , we have to have a better standard than that.

As ab unabashed fan of Jimmy I’d be sad to see him go but Longy has gone past him.

I do find it surprising how many supporters don’t see how good Longy already is and how very good he could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite was old mate Bazza White.

I genuinely forgot his real name I called him Bazza so much.

I really thought he could play as well. Showed a lot in all his games really. He must have got Cho’d pretty badly.

Liked him too, not sure it was CHOVIDs fault he kept coming back for preseasons in shit shape though...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would have;
Wilkie - xxxxx - Paton
Clark/Long - xxxx - Coffield

As the preferred medium/small defenders at this stage. And for now, Savage is still on the team... and Geary is a trusted soldier

He’s not better than Long unless he can stay healthy, and even then it’s debatable, and the last two years say he can’t.

I'm not a fan of either particularly. Long was disappointing as a back man and not much better than he was forward. Should have taken Shai Bolton in hindsight. Webster has been overrated because he was in our best 12 players in the Richo era and his lack of game time has kept people believing he's about to take the next step. I would probably keep persisting with Long first, at least he's still got scope for improvement. Webster lacks physical resilience and is a known quantity.

I’m not happy about the one year offer to Lonie, I like the replacement of Higgins for Lonie even less. When you are always bringing in guys from other clubs your forget the guys you have. Lonie is a very popular member of the group and has been with us from the start of the rebuild. Your removing part of the teams soul and identity and I do not like it one bit. Also people underate what he does on the field . Multiple times he’s stuck his body o ln the line and stood up when no body else is.
I agree with your sentiments re Lonie ...however I would still love to have Higgins at St Kilda.
For me it's a case of "why can't we have both" but I feel Lonie will be gone and end up being a solid performer for his new club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark, Long, Coffield, Paton, Geary... who’s he play in front of?
On 2017-2018 form he’s in front of long and geary but that’s a fair while ago now.

I’m happy enough to keep him, if fit at 188cm he’s a versatile player with some run and pace.

Could be wrong, but Crows would have matched by now if they intend to.

Their stance is leaning towards compo pick.

i'd say they're trying to move it down a path where they can get a decent trade

the longer it goes on the better for us. the fact they didnt come out and match straight away suggests it's not easy for them.

Maybe they did and he chose us?

I don’t think it will happen, I just think that one of the reasons for delay might be Adelaide trying to find another suitor before matching.

From what I remember there were two others interested but their $$ and contract length were nowhere near the Saints offer. Now we know he can earn 700 large a year, I don't think there is much chance of another offer.

Similar commentary around Bruce leaving last year. Didn’t seem to worry anyone. It’s a workplace more than a local footy club losing someone to cross town rival.

Nah, I like Lonie as well but like Bruce he wont take us forward. I think his forward defence is his best asset as well. Reckon he will be a good pick up for the Dogs.

Would keep Hind as a halfback.

Shown he can play and would like to see how he goes with a full preseason back there.

If it turns out all of; Savage, Webster, Roberton, Geary (wanes), DMac, and Clark (middle) depart our backline, he’s needed.

Also not forgetting Long’s obligatory suspensions courtesy of the always fair and just tribunal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember how we went all in for Mitch Brown from West Coast..in hindsight he should have taken it and in hindsight we were lucky he didn’t.
Was that Pelican? He would have offered Crouch 900k plus our first.
And we were happy to have him as well

Joffa's Melbourne Cup day #Whispers

- Crows may match or may not and look to trade (Possibly Clark, Billings and our next years first)
- Crouch loves the Crows and is dying to stay or is after a new start and needs refreshing
- Essendon may or not be willing to trade Hurley on if we give them Webster, Hind, Billing and Seb Ross and Saints pay their salaries
- Lonie to sign with Bulldogs, or may accept the Saints contract
- Carlisle will accept the Saints 2 year contact or go somewhere else
- Higgins visited St.Kilda isles of the Scottish cost on his last holidays
- The utility whom we looked at who can go forward or back, got dizzy and had to sit down.
-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back