List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might find out by the end of today.
G07MAD2.jpg

Nah, I like Lonie as well but like Bruce he wont take us forward. I think his forward defence is his best asset as well. Reckon he will be a good pick up for the Dogs.
Look I get the sentiment/arguement re Bruce but I think Lonie is a much more popular player, who still has lots of imporovement as well. Much more apart of our culture then Bruce.

I’m not happy about the one year offer to Lonie, I like the replacement of Higgins for Lonie even less. When you are always bringing in guys from other clubs your forget the guys you have. Lonie is a very popular member of the group and has been with us from the start of the rebuild. Your removing part of the teams soul and identity and I do not like it one bit. Also people underate what he does on the field . Multiple times he’s stuck his body o ln the line and stood up when no body else is.
How do we win another Premiership if we stick to playing favourites instead of recruiting better players.
Surely our Trade period last year,showed you what happens when you bring in better players.

If Lethlean says we aren’t trading our first round draft pick I believe him and Crows prob should too.

They should only match if they are genuinely
okay keeping Crouch.

Not saying we don’t end up trading a couple of players and and you trading Crows a couple of 2nd rounders or a player and a 2nd rounder, but I doubt pick 15 (17 at the moment) is involved.

....and if by ‘we’ expected a better outcome for each trade you mean us Bigfooty posters, well we are tier 5 nuffies so our expectations mean fk all. Ask the Crows fans if you don’t believe me 😬.
Considering what happened with how we got hill, even I the pessimist have some Faith.

He might be re contracted if Lonie goes, probably waiting on list sizes to call it.
Matthew Parker might be very lucky here and get himself another year with both Hind and Lonie leaving.

Joffa's Melbourne Cup day #Whispers

- Crows may match or may not and look to trade (Possibly Clark, Billings and our next years first)
- Crouch loves the Crows and is dying to stay or is after a new start and needs refreshing
- Essendon may or not be willing to trade Hurley on if we give them Webster, Hind, Billing and Seb Ross and Saints pay their salaries
- Lonie to sign with Bulldogs, or may accept the Saints contract
- Carlisle will accept the Saints 2 year contact or go somewhere else
- Higgins visited St.Kilda isles of the Scottish cost on his last holidays
- The utility whom we looked at who can go forward or back, got dizzy and had to sit down.
-
Duncan roberton to Adelaide for their first pick according to Tommy Browne

How the fu** is this campaigner going to cope if we make a GF if he’s shitting himself about driving around Melbourne

Hook turns fn hook turns, crazy stuff....trams going down the middle of the road and cars turning in front of you after the lights turned red.

No logic there at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, you will be much more entertained reading the Adelaide board. Some of the melts over there are glorious

Here we have mostly just been laughing at their board (particularly since we called their bluff on the Crouch deal), and arguing with the odd brain-dead, inbred feral that wanders over thinking we might be interested in their opinion. Some muppet called ABAB was a particularly spectacular kind of stupid

Other then that, we are just celebrating the end of lockdown and the fact we 'can go any pub'

Oh and Flamingo still doing his thing!

Think that should mostly cover it
On radio today they said that if Adelaide matches we will turn our attention to Adam Trelour.

Okay, so lets say the following happens:
IN: Crouch, Higgins, *depth players*
OUT: Carlisle, Lonie, Hind, Webster, (more depth players?)*

Is this what our starting team looks like? (Based off our Elim final 22)

B: Paton - Battle - Coffield
HB: Wilkie - Howard - Long
C: Hill - Crouch - Jones
HF: Gresham - Membrey - Butler
F: Billings - King - Marshall
R: Ryder - Steele - Clark
I/C: Sinclair/Geary - Hannebery - Higgins - Ross

Would prefer another big 198cm+ defender to cover Carlisles spot and keep Battle roaming near the forward line however.

Hook turns fn hook turns, crazy stuff....trams going down the middle of the road and cars turning in front of you after the lights turned red.

No logic there at all

No normal people try to drive around the city anyway. He'll be able to drive to Etihad or the G from bayside without a single hook turn.

Okay, so lets say the following happens:
IN: Crouch, Higgins, *depth players*
OUT: Carlisle, Lonie, Hind, Webster, (more depth players?)*

Is this what our starting team looks like? (Based off our Elim final 22)

B: Paton - Battle - Coffield
HB: Wilkie - Howard - Long
C: Hill - Crouch - Jones
HF: Gresham - Membrey - Butler
F: Billings - King - Marshall
R: Ryder - Steele - Clark
I/C: Sinclair/Geary - Hannebery - Higgins - Ross

Would prefer another big 198cm+ defender to cover Carlisles spot and keep Battle roaming near the forward line however.
Doesnt look like there is many options out there right now to replace Carlisle.

Our best bet is probably a stop gap delisted player or Battle next year.

As someone who had lived in Melbourne 23 of my 24 years I have never done a hook turn in me life.

Why be a dumb kent and drive into the city and wait in traffic when you can easily train it in.

They aren't even stressful to do but there is no reason for anyone other than cab drivers or Ubers to even be driving there. You pay about $25 minimum for parking nowhere near where you are actually trying to go. I usually park at Marvel in the DFO carpark or on St Kilda road and walk if I can't be bothered with transport. In the true CBD the parking prices make your eyes water.

Doesnt look like there is many options out there right now to replace Carlisle.

Our best bet is probably a stop gap delisted player or Battle next year.

If we were a definite top 4 next year you would look at Talia or Tarrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back