List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they will push Bytel or Byrnes into the seniors , baring bad injury run of course , instead next season assuming the seconds will be playing every week , I think they will get experience there .

Also I think the decision to get Mckernan instead of 2MP is because of the possibility of list reductions at the end of 2021 . McKernan is only for one season as back up . Maybe they are looking at drafting another young ruckman for the future .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brains Trust66 hadn't seen you on here for a whike

In a lot of trade hypotheticals, Saad is seemingly valued at the same price as Dunkley on the trade table.

Does anyone else find this crazy? Surely Dunkley is worth substantially more than Saad in a trade.
IMO
saad worthy of a pick in the teens.
Dunkley probably worth The same but considering he has 2 years contract dogs should be asking for more, eg 2 teens picks or a top 10 pick.

IMO
Dunkley probably worth The same but considering he has 2 years contract dogs should be asking for more, eg 2 teens picks or a top 10 pick.
It's Essendon after a contracted player, the Doggies should drain them of everything they can get

If we are prepared to trade Lonie and Hind I hope that means we have Higgins coming in, having Parker (Who i like) and Kent as our only options isn't a great position to be in. Maybe we could use Sinclair there not sure where he fits in our team anymore.

I'm surprised that the Bulldogs delisted Billy Gowers, his first year was super impressive and was going pretty well last year before injury. Decent contested mark and good goal sense, I hope someone picks him up.

I'm also curious on why people think 2MP is suddenly a spud? He is a bloody good contested mark and has kicked something like 80 goals in the last 5 seasons in a crap team and can pinch hit in the ruck. Was it just Bing that kept him out or is there some underlying factors I am unaware of?

d4kus1k-5b52f52f-28b3-463b-9cd4-340aa56d53a6.gif
Billy gowers was so bad this year.
Ask any dogs fan and they will be so happy he was delisted

IMO
Dunkley is two first rounders material he’s an absolute beast. 5 games last year he had more than 20 CONTESTED possessions. Dogs are mad if they let him go for anything less than that.

Dunkley is two first rounders material he’s an absolute beast. 5 games last year he had more than 20 CONTESTED possessions. Dogs are mad if they let him go for anything less than that.
Dogs are mad if they let him go full stop. If he’s such a dedicated, high level footballer in his preparation and demands high standards then the club should be looking inwardly at their culture and how to address it. How long before Bont feels the same way and leaves? They’ll address it then I’m sure.
I had a workmates family member get drafted by the dogs a while ago and he couldn’t believe the culture they had - he wanted to get out ASAP.
The culture at the kennel is cooked and being brushed aside from the recent premiership.
It’s incredibly poor that a player of his caliber is demanding a trade - to Essendon! - purely because they accept some level of poor performance and potential bullying by another player.

I hope the we let doggies know that if Dunkley needs to go, we have two firsts ready to go.

To hell with the four year rolling average, I think considering we've brought in guys like Howard, Butler and hopefully Higgins. As well as the fact that our last few top picks were all hits, would suggest we aren't "trading the future away".

My preference is still to land Higgins and Treloar and take this and next year's first to the draft as I feel that is very doable. But if Dunkley is there, I would be disappointed if we didn't at least get ready to catch any scraps... Even if it just forces up Essnedons asking price.

I hope the we let doggies know that if Dunkley needs to go, we have two firsts ready to go.

To hell with the four year rolling average, I think considering we've brought in guys like Howard, Butler and hopefully Higgins. As well as the fact that our last few top picks were all hits, would suggest we aren't "trading the future away".

My preference is still to land Higgins and Treloar and take this and next year's first to the draft as I feel that is very doable. But if Dunkley is there, I would be disappointed if we didn't at least get ready to catch any scraps... Even if it just forces up Essnedons asking price.

Dunkley isn’t worth two firsts on his best day.

Just read the boss of football on SEN there basically ruling out a play for Treloar. Bummer, as if we'd picked up him along with Crouch that would be seriously seriously impressive trading. Top 4 trading.

I'm keen to see best 22s whenever people bring up left field/young players as given selections. I'll fully admit mine is pretty darn vanilla, but I see our best 22, with a few assumptions (Lonie and Hind go, Carlisle stays) and final positions not withstanding as:

FB: Paton | Howard | Wilkie
HB: Coffield | Carlisle | Long
C: Hill | Steele | Billings
HF: Battle | Marshall | Gresham
FF: Butler | King | Membrey
R: Ryder | Crouch | Jones
I : Clarke | Ross | Hannebury | Geary/Sinclair

I'm keen to see best 22s whenever people bring up left field/young players as given selections. I'll fully admit mine is pretty darn vanilla, but I see our best 22, with a few assumptions (Lonie and Hind go, Carlisle stays) and final positions not withstanding as:

FB: Paton | Howard | Wilkie
HB: Coffield | Carlisle | Long
C: Hill | Steele | Billings
HF: Battle | Marshall | Gresham
FF: Butler | King | Membrey
R: Ryder | Crouch | Jones
I : Clarke | Ross | Hannebury | Geary/Sinclair

I like your team but that forward slash between Geary and Sinclair is setting off my OCD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Essendon after a contracted player, the Doggies should drain them of everything they can get

Exactly. Dogs should make Essendope cough up something that they specifically need.

If I was the Dogs I’d be firm on Draper & Tippa.

Draper & English would be a great one-two & Tippa is the proper crumbing forward that they dont have.

IF Ess want a contracted gun player that fills a desperate need then that’s the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read the boss of football on SEN there basically ruling out a play for Treloar. Bummer, as if we'd picked up him along with Crouch that would be seriously seriously impressive trading. Top 4 trading.
Hard to read. If we want Treloar at a good price we can't be seen to be too keen.
Are we playing it cool? Or have we genuinely ruled it out?

Dont take Gallaghers comments at face value. Think of it as the person looking at a house or car, they understate their interest, point out the flaws, see problems that may or may not be there. All the while softening the seller up for a far lower offer, attempting to get it cheaper. Gallagher is doing exactly that, so if they really do need to offload him as they can't stay within the salary cap, they have such low expectations of what we can do to make it happen, that a very low offer may get it done.
Watch this space.

Dont take Gallaghers comments at face value. Think of it as the person looking at a house or car, they understate their interest, point out the flaws, see problems that may or may not be there. All the while softening the seller up for a far lower offer, attempting to get it cheaper. Gallagher is doing exactly that, so if they really do need to offload him as they can't stay within the salary cap, they have such low expectations of what we can do to make it happen, that a very low offer may get it done.
Watch this space.
Also every team that does that just pours more petrol on the Collingwood dumpster fire they started.

Ned Guy right now

I like your team but that forward slash between Geary and Sinclair is setting off my OCD.

Didnt read it that way myself Gags & Lethlean playing it beautifully.

Dodo talks the big game every trade period ...dopers supporters get into a lather about it every year.

They aren’t going to float interest in media all that does is inflate potential deals , Higgins is contracted,
Treloar is contracted, both players & their managers need to work out the solution.

If Treloar wants to come, fine but it’s going to be a new contract significantly less than he is on currently,
or Collingwood getting absolutely desperate paying $300, 000 per year x 5 years.

Will either do it let’s see.

Higgins is the same , needs to the nominate Stkilda and be 100% commited to leaving Tigers.

Again let’s see what happens.

Neither is up to Stkilda .

Gags & Lethlean are working with structured plan for sustainable success that involves drafting
rather than the chaos that follows Essendon & Carlton every trade period.

Didnt read it that way myself Gags & Lethlean playing it beautifully.

Dodo talks the big game every trade period ...dopers supporters get into a lather about it every year.

They aren’t going to float interest in media all that does is inflate potential deals , Higgins is contracted,
Treloar is contracted, both players & their managers need to work out the solution.

If Treloar wants to come, fine but it’s going to be a new contract significantly less than he is on currently,
or Collingwood getting absolutely desperate paying $300, 000 per year x 5 years.

Will either do it let’s see.

Higgins is the same , needs to the nominate Stkilda and be 100% commited to leaving Tigers.

Again let’s see what happens.

Neither is up to Stkilda .

Gags & Lethlean are working with structured plan for sustainable success that involves drafting
rather than the chaos that follows Essendon & Carlton every trade period.
Love it.

Watch this space.
Gags playing it perfectly, but I am concerned about his pesky blabber mouth “parrot“ 😬

xKhb6hz.jpg

We still need the Jack Crisp-attacking defender sort of player. With Clark getting more midfield time and Crouch joining the midfield, could we let Jones play that role with his explosive run? He's done it before and pretty successfully.

Who would we prefer Treloar this year or Taranto next year?
We can not have both.
I know the idea about taking what you can get when it is available.
Treloar less draft currency but more salary cap used.
Taranto more draft currency less salary.
Just a hypothetical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back