List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need the Jack Crisp-attacking defender sort of player. With Clark getting more midfield time and Crouch joining the midfield, could we let Jones play that role with his explosive run? He's done it before and pretty successfully.
I wouldn’t be moving Jones from where he is yet. He was our most damaging mid before he started getting tagged, even his contested numbers were good. He’s one of our few burst from stoppage players.

We still need the Jack Crisp-attacking defender sort of player. With Clark getting more midfield time and Crouch joining the midfield, could we let Jones play that role with his explosive run? He's done it before and pretty successfully.
Jones will likely be rotating through there, but his kicking can be a bit of a concern in that role.

Let’s just get Kelly in twelve months.... oh and Heeney as well.

Unless Taranto is available.

Just thinking about the Crouch signing and If he can stay on the park this is bigger than I first imagined.

For arguements sake lets say next season pans out like this one is terms of our team. At the start of the year we had Gresh playing on ball taking the heat away from Jones before getting injured. Now you add in Crouch/Gresh before Jones and we have some serious grunt and ball winning ability when you throw in Steele.

We all know that Jones form tapered off once Gresh got injured as he got more attention, but now with Gresh and Brad back in the middle, Jones with his speed and good goal sense I can see him really exploding next year.

Last edited:
Luke Dunstan would be feeling pretty shitty about himself at the moment with more news filtering out about us wanting to ship him out to make room for Crouch.

Just can't see which club would take him at the moment.

Didnt read it that way myself Gags & Lethlean playing it beautifully.

Dodo talks the big game every trade period ...dopers supporters get into a lather about it every year.

They aren’t going to float interest in media all that does is inflate potential deals , Higgins is contracted,
Treloar is contracted, both players & their managers need to work out the solution.

If Treloar wants to come, fine but it’s going to be a new contract significantly less than he is on currently,
or Collingwood getting absolutely desperate paying $300, 000 per year x 5 years.

Will either do it let’s see.

Higgins is the same , needs to the nominate Stkilda and be 100% commited to leaving Tigers.

Again let’s see what happens.

Neither is up to Stkilda .

Gags & Lethlean are working with structured plan for sustainable success that involves drafting
rather than the chaos that follows Essendon & Carlton every trade period.
Whichever team (hopefully us) that ends up landing him is going to get a bargain. One of the best examples of a team blowing up the value of one of their assets since Ben Brown back in 2020. What are Collingwood thinking

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope the Dogs hold Dodo's feet in the flames, I dont get the crap that Dodo puts up. I know he is trying to save his skin, but it never works. Its not like their list is stella, but the AFL media eat it up!!!! He will cave and they will say how the Dons had a trade period equal or better too our last year, and that they are on there way up... Then next year the AFL media will talk about how we are going to go backwards and the Dons are on the way up, and none of it will turn out this way.

How does this just keep happening!

It’s keeping the Dodo in job!

A weak Essendon with the continual delusion they are on the path to be great is the best thing for the rest of the competition.

A02C6011-2CEB-4D59-9E28-66912380315D.gif

Luke Dunstan would be feeling pretty shitty about himself at the moment with more news filtering out about us wanting to ship him out to make room for Crouch.

Just can't see which club would take him at the moment.
Fair to assume we're handling it better than Collingwood/Treloar. There would be no shortage of players out there on decent contracts sweating because belts are being tightened but the AFL still hasn't confirmed how much.

Who would we prefer Treloar this year or Taranto next year?
We can not have both.
I know the idea about taking what you can get when it is available.
Treloar less draft currency but more salary cap used.
Taranto more draft currency less salary.
Just a hypothetical
TT has what we need now and what we’ll need in 5 years time. Treloar is only the next 5.
TT is a better model in every way imo.
Next year we’ll be adding Brouch and trying to give The 2 Bs more game time.

Dogs are mad if they let him go full stop. If he’s such a dedicated, high level footballer in his preparation and demands high standards then the club should be looking inwardly at their culture and how to address it. How long before Bont feels the same way and leaves? They’ll address it then I’m sure.
I had a workmates family member get drafted by the dogs a while ago and he couldn’t believe the culture they had - he wanted to get out ASAP.
The culture at the kennel is cooked and being brushed aside from the recent premiership.
It’s incredibly poor that a player of his caliber is demanding a trade - to Essendon! - purely because they accept some level of poor performance and potential bullying by another player.

He’s not dedicated to the Dogs. I’d let him go if Essendon offered a deal that worked for me.

[/QUOTE]
Something about red hair and sun to play in a older climate
Gags playing it perfectly, but I am concerned about his pesky blabber mouth “parrot“ 😬

xKhb6hz.jpg
please tell me that is not a baby Flamingo 😂

Who would we prefer Treloar this year or Taranto next year?
We can not have both.
I know the idea about taking what you can get when it is available.
Treloar less draft currency but more salary cap used.
Taranto more draft currency less salary.
Just a hypothetical
I see it more Treloar v Ben King .Money in The future has to be tight with young players starring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO
saad worthy of a pick in the teens.
Dunkley probably worth The same but considering he has 2 years contract dogs should be asking for more, eg 2 teens picks or a top 10 pick.

He played 60% midfield last year and averaged 28.6 possessions a game. That was his first real taste of extended midfield time and he was elite. This year he's played 30 something percent mids and still getting good numbers. He'd probably be worth Jack Steele equivalent to me.

Just thinking about the Crouch signing and If he can stay on the park this is bigger than I first imagined.

For arguements sake lets say next season pans out like this one is terms of our team. At the start of the year we had Gresh playing on ball taking the heat away from Jones before getting injured. Now you add in Crouch/Gresh before Jones and we have some serious grunt and ball winning ability when you throw in Steele.

We all know that Jones form tapered off once Gresh got injured as he got more attention, but now with Gresh and Brad back in the middle, Jones with his speed and good goal sense I can see him really exploding next year.
I was never a fan of getting Brouch because of the mooted price tag, but with that not an issue now, the language from Gags lately gives me some hope that he's still not the finished product.

His GF year was massive, and since the camp the Crows have been imploding so it stands to reason that since then we wouldn't have seen the best of any of those players.

Our recruiting has very clearly targeted players that for one reason or another aren't quite performing at optimum with their existing club.
The rise if Ryder, Butts, Doogs and Jones can't be just coincidence..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back