List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair to assume we're handling it better than Collingwood/Treloar. There would be no shortage of players out there on decent contracts sweating because belts are being tightened but the AFL still hasn't confirmed how much.
Yeah I don't think we've handled it poorly, but it would he tough for him and he's likely to not have many offers elsewhere.

That's footy though I guess.

Luke Dunstan would be feeling pretty shitty about himself at the moment with more news filtering out about us wanting to ship him out to make room for Crouch.

Just can't see which club would take him at the moment.
Both Dunstan and Ross are contracted. Ross will be a restricted free agent next year. Likely if we don't sign him for more years another team maybe gws might take him and we get a 2nd round draft pick.

Savage probably waiting until we find out about total numbers. But its not looking good for him.

There are also other uncontracted players.
I think we still need to move on at least 2, unless we pick up other players.

Would that be because of drop in list numbers,or will we have someone lined up.
They are saying list sizes are being reduced and if that is the case we still have to cull a couple more even before bring in another player.
Some teams are still way off from getting there list sizes down , even the case of the Lions don't even want to pick to many kids in the draft.

All teams had 45 players and they have to reduce to 38 / that's 7 players even before bringing in new players.
It might only be reduced to 40 but even then we have brought in 2 players already and we still have to hit the draft.

There are going to be a lot of good players let go.

There might be a couple if hard luck stories with list reductions. Parker probs my deserved another year if not for that but it's hard to fit him in.

On the other hand, we may be able to pick off a decent DFA from another list if we can free up a spot. Possibly a young key defender for depth.

I think we need to adjust our thinking now that we've taken baby steps into a premiership window. I know I have changed my thinking.

Forget about trading for mediocre players and other teams spuds. Consign that thinking to the Cho years when recruiting someone like Kent was reason to celebrate.

Instead take a leaf out of the Hawthorn and Geelong manifesto. Chase the best and don't be afraid to cut any foot soldiers, regardless of how popular clubmen they may be.

I was spewing last year when we lost Bruce and Stuv but a year later who cares now?

So I won't melt this year if any of Lonie, Dunstan, Hind, Webster go and we delist the likes of Parker or someone like Marsh. Especially if it improves our overall trade/draft hand and allows us to get another A grader in.

Personally, I'm hoping we keep Carlisle. Every premiership team is built around a good defence and we are better with Carlisle in the team.

Paaaaaaarker.
*hawthorn co-worker rolls her eyes*

that sucks. Phillips and Kent are still there but let’s drop him instead.
Phillips is also out of contract so might be delisted as well and Kent is still contracted.

They both played better at AFL level this year then Parker did so if we were only getting rid of 1, it's a pretty easy choice to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling that if we got a look at the Saints books, there would be some ordinary players on a pretty good wicket.

Not entirely the clubs fault though, when you are forced to pay 95% of the cap even when your team stinks, money has to go to guys like McKenzie, Dunstan, J-Web.

exactly.Hence the decision to bring in ex-All Australians on big coin on front loaded contracts, regardless of injury concern. Keeps thelesser players appropriately remunerated.

Luke Dunstan would be feeling pretty shitty about himself at the moment with more news filtering out about us wanting to ship him out to make room for Crouch.

Just can't see which club would take him at the moment.
Dunstan just never improved , same as 3 years ago.
wont find another club after us but it shows that even as captain of 18”s sit’s hard to be a solid afl player.

ive not seen anything from him that another 50 players do every game . Vanilla .

We have our eye on a gun kid.
YDKJcxP.gif[img]

Honestly do people seriously think that we are still getting Treloar? It's not going to happen and nor should it.
The club couldn't have hosed it down any more but people still read into their words. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when reading this forum.
Bottom line is, if you keep bringing in big free agents you run out of cap space and lose other players.
I would rather keep our young guns (Clarke, coff, King, Marshall, battle etc) than get in Treloar at the risk of losing one of them.
Sustained success is far better than winning in trade period

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Phillips is also out of contract so might be delisted as well and Kent is still contracted.

They both played better at AFL level this year then Parker did so if we were only getting rid of 1, it's a pretty easy choice to make.
Fair enough. I just wish neither of them would play for us again.
Also as gringo2011 used to know Ed Phillips used to bash me..... apparently.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back