List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If contracts, finances and ambitions prevented us from having a spot on the list for Parker, then letting him go now, and becoming a DFA, is his best chance to grab a place on a list somewhere else in the league. Best of luck to him.

McKenzie is still contracted.

And it was Gags and Lethers who gave him the contracted extension.
Pay the campaigner out are we that poor?

Roberton too just gonna be list clogger for another year aswell

St Kilda Football Club has today informed Matty Parker he will not be offered a contract for 2021.

The 24-year-old joins Doulton Langlands, Ryan Abbott, Jack Bell, Jack Mayo, Logan Austin and retiree Nathan Brown in the initial group of changes made to the Saints list following the 2020 season.

“This was a really difficult decision to make,” Head of List Management James Gallagher said.

**** THIS. Matty Parker actually has X-factor, give him consistent game time and who knows how he could have turned out. Played one season for ****s sake, actually plays hard and with grit. We’re a bunch of soft ***** running around besides Snake and Longy - at least he added to that FMD I’m angrier than I should be about a depth player hahah.

With the way we’ve been going the last year, gotta trust the instincts and decisions of our list management team.

Parker struggled massively this year, could have also trained poorly but we don’t know. Good luck to him, could easily get a gig somewhere else. Done his son proud.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints going to make a massive play for a gun FA at the end of 2021. Already in the works. Its probably why we are a bit 50/50 to trade in anymore players this trade period. Club is keen to use first round picks also to keep bringing in quality kids.

Watch this bloody space.
71hHRdOVzeL._RI_.jpg

We will be poor if we just pay out the contract of everyone who isn't best 22.
Yeah true so let’s just ride it out and hopefully they magically become competent footballers overnight

I’ll back in the club as always just frustrating when everyone can see it was the wrong call to make

On the Bulldogs:
"They will acquire Melbourne's Mitch Hannan and, if he passes a fitness test, Lions ruckman Stefan Martin, but they have no intention of securing St Kilda's small forward Jack Lonie."

With this and the news about MP, you'd think Lonie's closer to staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at all of this now, retaining Geary for another year wasn't the best call imo.
Another silly call. Everyone can see he has lost his pace & thus is pretty much cooked really

Absolute travesty McKenzie stays on our list over Parker.

Onya Trout.

Contracted players get kept over talented uncontracted ones unfortunately. Guys who's contracts came up this year were very unlucky.

Honestly do people seriously think that we are still getting Treloar? It's not going to happen and nor should it.
The club couldn't have hosed it down any more but people still read into their words. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when reading this forum.
Bottom line is, if you keep bringing in big free agents you run out of cap space and lose other players.
I would rather keep our young guns (Clarke, coff, King, Marshall, battle etc) than get in Treloar at the risk of losing one of them.
Sustained success is far better than winning in trade period

So didn't Adelaide 'hose it down' saying we needed to get them to band 1 or else trade / no Crouch? How did that turn out? It's called playing the game my man.

I don't claim to know how into Treloar we are, but what I do know is our guys are saying exactly what they should be saying. The fact is Collingwood are over a barrel right now with the Treloar situation, and they are going to offer more and more salary relief until they find a buyer. Eventually there comes a point where it could make sense if Collingwood are willing to eat significant salary. You can't look at a move in isolation, as it's quite easy to offset it with another to move salary out.

Looking at all of this now, retaining Geary for another year wasn't the best call imo.
Cant see how the decisions would have any impact on each other.

But in this scenario where it was Geary or Parker, I would be taking Geary for one more year every single time. The leadership and experience he brings to the club is more important and impactful for us moving forward than keeping on a depth small forward for another year.

Dunkley's worth 2 first round picks and a 2nd back - was a freak in 2019 , then they changed his role in 2020 - only being 24 he is no where near his peak.
People wanted our pick 17 for a 11 game Caldwell

Agree. 23 years old, is a ball magnet and tackling machine that can also go forward and kick a goal. Absolute pig. Probably wouldn't go as far as two early first rounders but definitely worth two mid to late firsts. Can't blame him for wanting to get out of the dogs. If he keeps playing chop out ruck at boundary throw ins the bloke will be medically retired in 3 years.

With Parker gone and Lonie on the way out, surely we must be confident on Higgins.

I think with more mids in we are planning on playing some mids resting forward and guys like Billings and Gresham play there longer too.

Cant see how the decisions would have any impact on each other.

But in this scenario where it was Geary or Parker, I would be taking Geary for one more year every single time. The leadership and experience he brings to the club is more important and impactful for us moving forward than keeping on a depth small forward for another year.
He could that in a development off field role waste of a list spot IMO

On the Bulldogs:
"They will acquire Melbourne's Mitch Hannan and, if he passes a fitness test, Lions ruckman Stefan Martin, but they have no intention of securing St Kilda's small forward Jack Lonie."

With this and the news about MP, you'd think Lonie's closer to staying.

Not surprised he hasn’t attracted much serious interest. Doesn’t have many tools. He’s crafty but too small & slow. The comparisons with Butler as an available small are off. Butler has more desirable tools. Happy to sign Lonie for another year until something better comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back