List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker was a mature player experiment by Richo, played a few reasonable games, but now with a new coach, the direction is elsewhere.

He wasn't an "experiment" any more than any player is an experiment and he wasn't chosen by Richo.
Apart from that you are correct.

Like some here I had hopes for Parker. Potentially a point of difference. Guess coaches thought he didn't quite have it.
how do they really know they gave him two games ...no-one performed that well when they were thrown in without reserves games except maybe Hanners but even Bytel Byrnes etc more wishful thinking to praise their entries more than anything else. Parker proved his capabilities and potential the year before that was sufficient to warreant opportunities in a normal year...they keep mediocre rubbish on list who have never proven themselves ever...its bullshit IMO

how do they really know they gave him two games ...no-one performed that well when they were thrown in without reserves games except maybe Hanners but even Bytel Byrnes etc more wishful thinking to praise their entries more than anything else. Parker proved his capabilities and potential the year before that was sufficient to warreant opportunities in a normal year...they keep mediocre rubbish on list who have never proven themselves ever...its bullshit IMO

Yep definitely deserves a spot. Absolute point of difference worth persisting with. I wish Matty and his family all the best. was a breath of fresh air, and seems like a ripping young man who has got his life on track. Thanks for your contribution. Bad decision. Better than a fair few who will stay on our list.

Parker was a mature player experiment by Richo, played a few reasonable games, but now with a new coach, the direction is elsewhere.
"played a few reasonable games"

That's like saying Cyril Rioli played a few reasonable games.

Seriously flat about this, still.
- 190cm, so has the marking ability for the “small forward / goal sneak” role which we’ve seen by his strength to take hangers and provide some serious entertainment.
- Pace and agility.
- Tackle ferocity and pressure which many of our players lack.
- Genuine X factor ability to be a Charlie Cameron type player but he’s obviously not gonna achieve that in just one season of football.

Is our game plan going forward to just chuck as many midfielders up there as possible? I just really don’t think of all our depth players Parker was the one to lose his spot.

If we lose Lonie, Hind and don’t get Higgins to the club why have we done this?

Get DMAC, Phillips and Kent the fu** off our list before I have lose my mind and turn this place into the Crows board
I knew some tough calls had to be made but this is a bad bad bad decision.

Small(ish) forward types OOC 2020 - Lonie, Hind, Phillips and Parker

I can understand keeping Lonie if we can't find a trade option but I cannot in any way see that keeping Ed Phillips or Nick Hind ahead of Parker is a sensible move UNLESS there's some behind the scenes training related stuff that we don't know.

No offence to Ed but he is the quintessential definition of "vanilla" and Hind runs fast and that's about it.

McKenzie is the worst player of all time

Total nonsense. He just struggles to find enough of the footy, and he's not the worst at that either.
I'd rate him as similar to Rob Eddy who played in two premierships . ( which we would have won if our coach hadn't cared what Barlow's run looked like ).

right call. He’s trash

The only trash around here is your post.
He was never going to be a superstar, but was a handy player for us a couple of years ago and could well have been going around again had there not been a cut to the lists for next season.
A little respect for a player who represented our club wouldn’t go astray.
Best of luck, Matty.

Seriously not a good look to say that.
Seriously if you watch him play closely he is very reactive and wins footy on pressure and chaos not football smarts. Not sure u can make a long AFL career out of that.

not a natural footballer but hopes he proves me wrong and get a gig somewhere else, doubt it though.

Our list has gone past Matty Parker

He wasn't an "experiment" any more than any player is an experiment and he wasn't chosen by Richo.
Apart from that you are correct.
APPLY THE SAME RULE THEN TO THE MEDIOCRE RUBBISH THAT HAve never showed anything...get rid of them alld
No point crying over a fringe player. Move on. Time to win a flag.
There's a word i'd like to say to descrribe that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing list size for next year will be 40 players + up to 2 Cat B rookies. So de-listing Parker that gets us down to 37 players + 1 Cat B rookie in Alabakis.

We've currently got 4 draft picks ( 17, 64, 77, 93) with the likelihood that we will have to use at least 3.

So unless I'm guessing that unless we trade people out - Lonie, Hind, Dunstan, Savage which is seeming unlikely then that's us done for trade week.

The melts on here about Parker are something else!
But the melts aren't really about Parker - they're more often about those who remain.

Happy to have anyone explain why keeping Phillips/Hind is a better option than de-listing Parker - just can't see it myself.

I'm guessing list size for next year will be 40 players + up to 2 Cat B rookies. So de-listing Parker that gets us down to 37 players + 1 Cat B rookie in Alabakis.

We've currently got 4 draft picks ( 17, 64, 77, 93) with the likelihood that we will have to use at least 3.

So unless I'm guessing that unless we trade people out - Lonie, Hind, Dunstan, Savage which is seeming unlikely then that's us done for trade week.
Didnt we have 44 + Alabakis on the list this year?
Less 7 (Brown, Langlands, Mayo, Parker, Bell, Austin, Abbott) = 37
Plus 2 (Crouch & McKernan)
Leaves us at 39 currently +Alabakis who will be outside of the 40.

so we would only have one spot currently.
Reckon we will at least need to take 2 picks. So may not bode well for at least one of Phillips, Sav, Marsh or Clav.

Still not over the delisting of Eli Templeton myself.

Another thing I find strange about giving Mckernan a spot, who will be lucky to play 1 game next year

This is the whole challenge of our list management now. Mc Kernan comes in because we have no one if King is injured, but if Butler is injured we can choose between Lonie, Kent, Hind, Byrnes or another midfielder. We generally played three small forwards this year but I expect that will drop next year.

Sucks that it’s Parker getting the chop, but as others have already pointed out, it’s just unfortunate timing for him. Personally I really liked and rated him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still not over the delisting of Eli Templeton myself.
Can we pick up Ledger in the rookie draft?

That’s not really true.

Battle and Sinclair came in after not playing for a very long time and kept their spots. Savage came in twice and was good. Phillips has flaws but was decent every time he came in. Lonie was dropped then came back in and looked good. Hind performed better then Parker when he came in from the same scratch matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back