List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but question still stands. The timing seems odd in the middle of trade week - as far as I'm aware we didn't need to reduce our list size by COB 7/11/20. Would think it would be more prudent to finish up trade week before making decisions to fully assess the list (e.g. whether Lonie goes or Higgins comes is still unknown).
Gives parker the best shot at finding a new home and id say it means we know the outcome on Higgins and lonie etc.

Any chance Parker is a re-rookie situation? Really flat about this one.

Can think of at least 10 blokes I would have wanted off the list before him.
He'll be in that group. Had the club seen no future in him he wiuld have copped it in the first round.
I'm thinking now that Lonie stays and Huggins comes in..

I think everyone is still in the dark on this, remarkably. 38 was the last number I heard. Be interesting to know how far off the afl and aflpa are on numbers or of its just total player payments

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm a bit of an apologist for AFL House, particularly this year. The way they managed to hold the season together with bits of string is remarkable. But it's beyond ridiculous that we're now deep into list change season and teams still don't know what those lists will look like next season. This could have been, and should have been, sorted months ago.

McKenzie was 2018 no? still had time to run on his contract before we extended him for 3 more. Pretty confident that was a pre turn around era signing.
Richo was still coaching.
I have a feeling that Gags probably inherited the negotiation from Trout and momentum carried it through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit of an apologist for AFL House, particularly this year. The way they managed to hold the season together with bits of string is remarkable. But it's beyond ridiculous that we're now deep into list change season and teams still don't know what those lists will look like next season. This could have been, and should have been, sorted months ago.

At the very least, on the eve of the trade period they should have come out and said that next year list sizes will remain the same and will review late next year. See where everything is at.

Laughable they still are trying to make changes halfway through the trade period.

Held up by the AFLPA

Seriously flat about this, still.
- 190cm, so has the marking ability for the “small forward / goal sneak” role which we’ve seen by his strength to take hangers and provide some serious entertainment.
- Pace and agility.
- Tackle ferocity and pressure which many of our players lack.
- Genuine X factor ability to be a Charlie Cameron type player but he’s obviously not gonna achieve that in just one season of football.

Is our game plan going forward to just chuck as many midfielders up there as possible? I just really don’t think of all our depth players Parker was the one to lose his spot.

If we lose Lonie, Hind and don’t get Higgins to the club why have we done this?

Get DMAC, Phillips and Kent the **** off our list before I have lose my mind and turn this place into the Crows board

Contracted players get kept over talented uncontracted ones unfortunately. Guys who's contracts came up this year were very unlucky.

And that’s exactly why we have Dan Butler & not Jason Castagna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously flat about this, still.
- 190cm, so has the marking ability for the “small forward / goal sneak” role which we’ve seen by his strength to take hangers and provide some serious entertainment.
- Pace and agility.
- Tackle ferocity and pressure which many of our players lack.
- Genuine X factor ability to be a Charlie Cameron type player but he’s obviously not gonna achieve that in just one season of football.

Is our game plan going forward to just chuck as many midfielders up there as possible? I just really don’t think of all our depth players Parker was the one to lose his spot.

If we lose Lonie, Hind and don’t get Higgins to the club why have we done this?

Get DMAC, Phillips and Kent the fu** off our list before I have lose my mind and turn this place into the Crows board
Another thing I find strange about giving Mckernan a spot, who will be lucky to play 1 game next year

heard on the radio this morning that pies are willing to put in 100k for the life of the contract re treloar
Chicken feed. They will need to do much better than that.

500k off a 4.5mill contract is nothing to be sneezed at.

I don't think it's all that far away from the mark.

If the reporting has been accurate then the pies have started at kicking in 200k, now gone to 500k- before even getting into proper negotiations with anyone seemingly.

I would think they reasonably have another 50k a year in them to move him on, WHILE only taking minimal trade price- ie a 2nd rounder in value.

Treloar for 750k x 5 and a 2nd rounder would have our guys very interested I would think.

He's a much much better player than crouch- who we will be paying 700k x 5 once he hits his easy to meet performance triggers.

Treloar and crouch in would give us close to everything we need to win a flag in the next 3 years.

We make our midfield A Grade, we make our backline A grade (by playing jones back there instead of long), and we make our forwards A grade by playing gresh there instead of hind/lonie.

Plus our rucks are already A grade, and billings and hill on the wings should be in theory too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back