List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He will contribute more on field and on the training track to help the entire list than the 40th player who would have replaced him.
You make a good case with that comment alone brut. Play on

I just hope if we are done we look for another mid in the draft. Not CW another friggen half back flanker.

So didn't Adelaide 'hose it down' saying we needed to get them to band 1 or else trade / no Crouch? How did that turn out? It's called playing the game my man.

I don't claim to know how into Treloar we are, but what I do know is our guys are saying exactly what they should be saying. The fact is Collingwood are over a barrel right now with the Treloar situation, and they are going to offer more and more salary relief until they find a buyer. Eventually there comes a point where it could make sense if Collingwood are willing to eat significant salary. You can't look at a move in isolation, as it's quite easy to offset it with another to move salary out.

Spot on. Anyone that has done some media training would understand that these interviews by the interviewee are planned in order to deliver the desired message to the public. Talking points are scripted & the messaging will always relate back to the original script/message.

In which way do you mean this, St C? Quality of our list guys or attractiveness of the club?
I mean the way we are playing out this situation

If we are into treloar we are not showing it

Why wouldn't be showing it is because we need the pies to be desperate to offload him

If they're desperate we wont need as much draft or salary cap assets to get him

Spot on. Anyone that has done some media training would understand that these interviews by the interviewee are planned in order to deliver the desired message to the public. Talking points are scripted & the messaging will always relate back to the original script.
Media training has taken all of the fun out of any player interview. But I guess it's necessary in the current environment we find ourselves in these days.

Phillips is also out of contract so might be delisted as well and Kent is still contracted.

They both played better at AFL level this year then Parker did so if we were only getting rid of 1, it's a pretty easy choice to make.
And Parker played way way better than both last year, myb we should have delisted them then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Bytel and Byrnes were in best players, or often in best two in scratch matches, is quoted on here often. Can anyone please clarify which scratch matches? Were these pre-season ones, or ones in Queensland at training, or in scratch matches in reserve teams against other clubs? We watched a lot of the training scratch matches on the Sunshine Coast and we wouldn't have said that from these. Can anyone clarify?
Yeah, Reserves scratch matches against the other Reserves players from afl sides. There were regular write ups about the matches. I saw one against Richmond before they left to go up To Noosa.

Shaun McKernan is like having Josh Bruce still on the list, except he's a better ruckman, costs 1/4 of the salary and won't expect to be picked every week.
Hard to argue with this

With the way we’ve been going the last year, gotta trust the instincts and decisions of our list management team.

Parker struggled massively this year, could have also trained poorly but we don’t know. Good luck to him, could easily get a gig somewhere else. Done his son proud.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Per S66 he was trying his absolute best to train the house down and catchup from an interrupted pre season earlier on

List sizes id say

I get that, but question still stands. The timing seems odd in the middle of trade week - as far as I'm aware we didn't need to reduce our list size by COB 7/11/20. Would think it would be more prudent to finish up trade week before making decisions to fully assess the list (e.g. whether Lonie goes or Higgins comes is still unknown).

Probably unlikely to happen due to the list size changes but hope another club gives Parker a go because there's a really exciting player in there if he can put it all together.

All the best Matty.
Do we know what the lists are likely to be yet?
Last I heard it was looking likely to be 40 senior, 2 rookie, 2 cat.B but that was a while ago
But thought Dodo mentioned something about 38?

Do we know what the lists are likely to be yet?
Last I heard it was looking likely to be 40 senior, 2 rookie, 2 cat.B but that was a while ago
But thought Dodo mentioned something about 38?
I think everyone is still in the dark on this, remarkably. 38 was the last number I heard. Be interesting to know how far off the afl and aflpa are on numbers or of its just total player payments

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back