List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt we have 44 + Alabakis on the list this year?
Less 7 (Brown, Langlands, Mayo, Parker, Bell, Austin, Abbott) = 37
Plus 2 (Crouch & McKernan)
Leaves us at 39 currently +Alabakis who will be outside of the 40.

so we would only have one spot currently.
Reckon we will at least need to take 2 picks. So may not bode well for at least one of Phillips, Sav, Marsh or Clav.
Whoops - forgot the ones coming in!!!!

Didnt we have 44 + Alabakis on the list this year?
Less 7 (Brown, Langlands, Mayo, Parker, Bell, Austin, Abbott) = 37
Plus 2 (Crouch & McKernan)
Leaves us at 39 currently +Alabakis who will be outside of the 40.

so we would only have one spot currently.
Reckon we will at least need to take 2 picks. So may not bode well for at least one of Phillips, Sav, Marsh or Clav.
Hind going to Essendon will clear one spot.

If Webster and Robby both stay, then we probably don’t need Savage but he’s easily the best player of that group.

Still not over the delisting of Eli Templeton myself.
And don’t mention Tom Ledger.

What is Ryan Gamble upto these days?

No point crying over a fringe player. Move on. Time to win a flag.
You do realize this is a "Fan Forum" and not St Kilda's base of operations? He may of been a fringe player but when he was recruited he brought an energy and excitement to the club that we had lacked for many years. Let the people "Melt".
giphy.gif

Personally I’ve been disenfranchised since the unexplained sacking of Matthew Capuano. :(

You do realize this is a "Fan Forum" and not St Kilda's base of operations? He may of been a fringe player but when he was recruited he brought an energy and excitement to the club that we had lacked for many years. Let the people "Melt".
giphy.gif

And footy is a business at the elite AFL level. Tough calls made every year. List has to turnover every single year. No one else would have given Parker a chance.

His biggest mistake was getting a haircut. Was never the same

I’ll see your one Eli and raise you two Toms Curren and Ledger!

Swear I read somewhere it will likely be a squad of 42 players (38-40 main list, and 2-4 rookies) + 2 cat B rookies. So not that different, only 2 less players than usual.

I’m flabbergasted the clubs apparently do not yet know what list sizes and salary cap will be considering we are in the middle of trade week already.

Very unprofessional of the AFL to expect the clubs to work with one hand tied behind their backs.

They'd have ideas as they'd be in the conversation, nothing has been signed off on since it's still a compromised draft in a compromised year where there is contractual obligations to consider on reductions made since reductions have already been made this season.

Clubs would work under the framework that usually you delist 4-8 anyway, hence multiple list lodgement zones, so instead of speculative pick, ie Parker 'has scope, but is inconsistent massively" staying on a list to iron out, they get cut instead to either be that one more, or that steak knife.

His biggest mistake was getting a haircut. Was never the same

That and that horrible spiral fracture in his arm from memory. Certainly showed a bit early on didn't he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't have Instagram but every now and then I check in on mpfourhunnid to see what's going on in his world, he no longer has any pictures playing for the Saints :( Not sure if he's gone and deleted them or if that was a while back, hope he's ok.
If Matty Parker does get the chop I hope he gets recruited by Richmond, even if it's just for their VFL team at first, I'm sure he and Marlion would work well together again.

And footy is a business at the elite AFL level. Tough calls made every year. List has to turnover every single year. No one else would have given Parker a chance.
Cannot go any club?

No problem with the club moving him on, was the correct call. Wish him all the best for the future.

But how the hell would you know that no other club would have given him a chance.

Suggest you go and check the late whispers in the year he was drafted.

Last edited:
Don't have Instagram but every now and then I check in on mpfourhunnid to see what's going on in his world, he no longer has any pictures playing for the Saints :( Not sure if he's gone and deleted them or if that was a while back, hope he's ok.
Yeah taken all his Saints stuff down

Hopefully we can find room for Spencer White again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back