List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just said we had parameters around what we were prepared to get him and we went slightly above what we were hoping for.

i'd say its because he's contracted.

An insight into the balancing act at acquiring players.

Lethers mentioned that Jack Steele did the right thing with his contract and we weren't prepared to unbalance the list by overpaying someone like Crouch.

Says a bit about why the only interest in Treloar was on this board. We just didn't have the Cap or the will to overpay when we are building a culture.

B Paton Carlisle Wilkie
HB Coffield Howard Long
C Hill Steele Hanners
R Ryder Crouch Ross
HF Billings Membrey Gresham
F Butler King Marshall
I/C Jones Clarke Battle Higgins

EMG Geary Sinclair Lonie

pretty damn good mix on that interchange bench.

Hind is a handy player, not against him going but I'll be dirty if we let him go for a future fourth or some sh*t. Hopefully we can get something decent.

Not sure where Hind we play if he stays at the Saints . I think Higgins might have stole his spot and there is no room in the backline or midfield. Also a lot of soft players over at the drug cheats , if he goes I wish him all the best except when we play them of course .

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Dons get the Caldwell deal done, they hold the power on Hind. Will walk to the PSD
Not so fast ..

Cal Twomey

"Still a bit to play out for Bombers to get Nick Hind, which should be a straightforward deal. Bombers offering a fourth-round pick, the Saints wanting more. Essendon not the only club keen on the pacy Saint as well. @AFLcomau"

Gotta say the recruiting staff have excelled again . Players nominate the Saints and we get it done . Look at the players we have traded and drafted over the past few years , pretty awesome . We have gone from a struggling side to a side most likely to make the finals again .

An insight into the balancing act at acquiring players.

Lethers mentioned that Jack Steele did the right thing with his contract and we weren't prepared to unbalance the list by overpaying someone like Crouch.

Says a bit about why the only interest in Treloar was on this board. We just didn't have the Cap or the will to overpay when we are building a culture.
I love this. I reckon we paid overs for Hanners and Hill - but they really were the catalyst for the tide to start turning... I'm good with that, certainly in light of these comments and what we are building. Go Saints.

u6J98aA.png

Jack Lonie assessing options. doubt he finds a new home.

I like Lonie but you can see why. The most games he's played in a season was his first with 17 and hasn't played over 13 games in a year for the last 5 years. 6 years in the system and his highest goal tally is 16. Realistically he's a depth player with a floor of Ashton Hams and a ceiling of Brandon Matera. And his output has been much closer to Hams.

Higgins is a step up from Lonie or Kent IMO . Hopefully he can follow in Gresham’s footsteps and we could have them changing between forward and on the ball . Imagine being a defender on Higgins and then Gresham swaps with him

All sorts of dynamic, defender on Lonie, Lonie goes to bench, Jones into the middle and Billings swings forward.

Still wouldn't be surprised to see some movement tonight.

If lethers has time to be doing media 2hrs before deadline- it's very unlikely we have much business left to do.

I reckon we are already up to our eyeballs talking to guys like merrett and josh kelly for next year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so fast ..

Cal Twomey

"Still a bit to play out for Bombers to get Nick Hind, which should be a straightforward deal. Bombers offering a fourth-round pick, the Saints wanting more. Essendon not the only club keen on the pacy Saint as well. @AFLcomau"
Other club that’s keen is Melbourne. Dons have a pick before them

Round 1 2019 vs Round 1 2021 (Ignoring Crouch's Suspension)

FB:PatonHowardWilkie
GearyJoyceWilkie
HB:ClarkCarlisleCoffield
WebsterMcKenzieSavage
C:HillRossHannebery
NewnesRossSteven
HF:BillingsMarshallGresham
BillingsBruceGresham
FF:MembreyKingButler
MembreyKentLonie
R:RyderSteeleCrouch
PierceSteeleDunstan
I/C:
BattleLongSinclairHiggins
BattleLongSinclairParker

So much bloody quality I forgot we have Zac Jones.

Chuck him in for Sinclair who can join Geary, Dunstan, Lonie, Kent, Savage, Roberton, Bytel Webster and Philips in a Sandy side that would have given our 2019 side a good run for its money.

B Paton Carlisle Wilkie
HB Coffield Howard Long
C Hill Steele Hanners
R Ryder Crouch Ross
F Butler King Marshall
I/C Jones Clarke Battle Higgins

EMG Geary Sinclair Lonie

I think I'd prefer Hunter Clark to Raph Clarke on the interchange bench but other than that it's a strong looking team.

Not so fast ..

Cal Twomey

I really love the complete lack of imagination from essendon.

They are a perennial bottom 8 team and saad walks out on them.

They then go chasing a C grade version of saad to plug in to their team to replace him.

Any half decent team would perhaps take saads departure as an opportunity to reset- and think...gee, maybe one trick ponies who run fast off half back aren't that useful?

Afterall, we had one of the best in the league in saad, and we were still crap.

No, not essendon.
They seem to think that their team was going so beautifully that they just need to try and replace saad with a like for like in hind.

Haha.

B Paton Carlisle Wilkie
HB Coffield Howard Long
C Hill Steele Hanners
R Ryder Crouch Ross
F Butler King Marshall
I/C Jones Clark Battle Higgins

Think would add Bytel & Byrnes to that group ....getting there couple more pieces to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back