Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some teenager was blowing vape smoke around your favourite pub none of you would be in awe of how confident he is. Likely would want to clip him around the ear.

You can be confident without being a w***er. In fact, that kind of behaviour can easily be just a cover for insecurity.

Here's hopin that story is just bullshit.

NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.
There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.
The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules.
WA's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

WA's Arthur Jones celebrates a goal against SA on September 25, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos

It is not clear if the Eagles were set on drafting Jones, who was well-known to them, but it is now likely they will face competition for the Wesley College student, whose mix of speed and endurance has recruiters interested as a late selection.

Are we due for an Arthur? I'm guessing the last Arthur we had at North was Arthur Karanicolas in the '60s?

The Krakouer bros were from Mt Barker as well. Not sure who the last player we had from there would be?

... and yes, I do have too much free time at the moment :)

If some teenager was blowing vape smoke around your favourite pub none of you would be in awe of how confident he is. Likely would want to clip him around the ear.

You can be confident without being a w***er. In fact, that kind of behaviour can easily be just a cover for insecurity.

You sound like someone JHF would push into a locker.

You sound like someone JHF would push into a locker.
you know who else says things like "do you know who i am"?

Instagram influencers and middle age trophy wives.

And probably the majority of 18 year olds that get drafted into the AFL when they've had a few drinks.
so it's not exactly an indication of anything then is it? like, it's being a drunk w***er, not some amazing level of confidence.

If he then tried to throw hands with the bouncer, is that also amazing confidence? Or just being silly cause he's drunk.

Because that's what i was saying, you can be confident without being a w***er. Whereas others were putting it up like it was some indication that he has what it takes to be Carey based on this.

so it's not exactly an indication of anything then is it? like, it's being a drunk w***er, not some amazing level of confidence.

If he then tried to throw hands with the bouncer, is that also amazing confidence? Or just being silly cause he's drunk.

Because that's what i was saying, you can be confident without being a w***er. Whereas others were putting it up like it was some indication that he has what it takes to be Carey based on this.

I personally was focusing on the comparison of himself to Daicos. Believing he's the best. Wanting to be the best. They're traits that do make good players great. It's also very evident in how he plays, he has great confidence in his own ability.

Call me crazy, but I couldn't give a f*** about some BF story that he's vaping inside saying "do you know who I am?", I am sure that there are a lot of players currently on our list that have done far worse.

I personally was focusing on the comparison of himself to Daicos. Believing he's the best. Wanting to be the best. They're traits that do make good players great. It's also very evident in how he plays, he has great confidence in his own ability.

Call me crazy, but I couldn't give a f*** about some BF story that he's vaping inside saying "do you know who I am?", I am sure that there are a lot of players currently on our list that have done far worse.
When i watch him, it's his visible dissapointment when he doesn't do something well, misses a kick and whatnot. That's what shows me his drive to be the best, that clear steely motivation.

Also you're crazy.

Of course you can. But there's probably more champion junior footballers who throw their weight around in their small pond than quietly stand back and sip a glass of lemonade watching things unfurl around them.

I think once he's in a larger city like Melbourne he'll quickly discover he's a smaller fish in a bigger pond and that will even him out.

NB: That's just based on the account tales gave for discussion's sake. Have no opinion on how accurate it is.

What do you think all the kids we drafted were like?

He’s the highest rated 18 year old kid in the country. He’s also probably the most talked about u18 to come out of his state in decades.

No 18 year old has the capacity to deal with that spotlight without letting that get to their head a little bit. Confidence is a very good thing in a footballer. Talent & hard work will get you 80% there, but that additional 20% comes from self belief. Look no further then our clubs greatest ever player.

F*** I’m 30 and I’d be carrying on a lot worse.

I mean, some of our favourite current long term players like Cunners, Zeebs and Goldy wouldn't have been caught dead doing this stuff.

I'm sure if I met my 18 year old self in his position I'd be an idiot, but we live in a different era and his generation have been brought up with social media etc, as in everyone is filming literally everything, particularly if you're a popular athlete.

If that story is true, personally I wouldn't want that kind of attitude / behaviour from a prized no.1 pick out in the general public.

Sam Walsh wouldn't do this shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, some of our favourite current long term players like Cunners, Zeebs and Goldy wouldn't have been caught dead doing this stuff.

I'm sure if I met my 18 year old self in his position I'd be an idiot, but we live in a different era and his generation have been brought up with social media etc, as in everyone is filming literally everything, particularly if you're a popular athlete.

If that story is true, personally I wouldn't want that kind of attitude / behaviour from a prized no.1 pick out in the general public.

Sam Walsh wouldn't do this sh*t.

Each to their own.

Personally, I think this take is out of touch with the times. Just because Cunnington is introverted, or Walsh is a model student, doesn't mean that that everyone needs to be. Noble isn't the type of coach to demand that, he's the type to let these guys be individuals which is exactly what you need to do to get the best out of them IMO.

For every Cunnington or Walsh, there is a Toby Greene or Dustin Martin, or a Stephenson/Zurhaar for that matter.

FWIW Goldy wasn't always an angel...

Are we due for an Arthur? I'm guessing the last Arthur we had at North was Arthur Karanicolas in the '60s?
The Krakouer bros were from Mt Barker as well. Not sure who the last player we had from there would be?

... and yes, I do have too much free time at the moment :)
Marley Williams, Ron Cooper ( Horace ) & Declan Mountford was from Albany, not too many AFL players from Mt Barker (Sandilands, couple more?) but Ongerup Football league (to the east) have had a few in the area
Great Southern Football League (Albany, Denmark & Mt Barker) usually have a 1-2 of players that get drafted each year

Last edited:
Couple of tidbits on JHF

vaping inside a pub before being reprimanded by security “don’t you know who I am” 😂

ragging on daicos, saying he will be better than him at AFL level.

love the sheer arrogance of the bloke, it’s arguably the one thing we’ve been missing in our mix
giphy.gif

Maybe whoever spread the news/rumour is insecure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back