Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info on this kid. He was on Essendon's VFL list in 2019 before moving to the NT to play. In 2021 he played for Glenelg. His numbers are below:

View attachment 1255272
View attachment 1255254

Article from 2017

Calder Cannons winger Dylan Landt sprints into AFL draft frame with improved TAC Cup output
BLINK and you will miss Dylan Landt hurtling down the wings at Highgate Reserve.

Tim Michell
July 24, 2017 - 12:05PM
Sunbury Leader

BLINK and you will miss Dylan Landt hurtling down the wings at Highgate Reserve.

The Calder Cannons on-baller was a gifted junior athlete, finishing third in the 100m sprint at the state championships before deciding to focus on football when aged 15.

Landt’s blistering speed was evident in his debut TAC Cup season as he featured in nine games after being blooded in Round 1 last year.

His dash off halfback earned him a place in Calder’s elimination final team against Oakleigh Chargers, where he was adjudged one of the Cannons’ best.

The experience left Landt wanting more and drove him to build his strength to win a permanent role in Calder’s team during the off-season.

The 17-year-old has lifted his average from 10 disposals to 18 possessions per game this year after being thrust into midfield by coach Andrew Johnston.

“I think it comes down to the contested footy, not so much relying on other players to give me the ball,” Landt said.
“More going in to get it myself and then use my outside run from there.

“To win the ball you have got to get it from the source and probably that has helped my footy this year.”

Landt, who played junior football for Sunbury Lions and Rupertswood, featured in two Under-18 National Championship matches for Vic Metro this year.

The Sunbury resident said the carnival had been a “massive step up” from TAC Cup, with Metro’s win over Vic Country played at a frenetic pace.

“They really brought the heat,” Landt said.

“(Coach) Marty (Allison) said after the game that was probably the highest level of Under-18 football that he has seen in a while.

“It was a massive step up that game and good to get the win against the rivals.”

He said Vic Metro’s coaching staff had given him simple advice after he was cut from the squad after two games.

“They just want to see a bit more consistency in my game,” he said.

“(To) keep backing myself and take the game on.”

The Collingwood fan lists his strengths as his versatility, decision-making and composure under pressure.

All three are traits which would serve him well should he achieve his dream of being drafted.

“I haven’t really found my best position, but I think that is a strength that I can play at any end of the ground,” he said.

Landt is one of the premier ball users at Calder, capable of pinpointing a target from 50m away while in full flight with little fuss.

His lethal left boot is another weapon which would appeal to clubs who prioritise a reliable ball user.

The Maribyrnong College student, who stands at 180cm, followed in his brother Jack’s footsteps when he achieved selection in the Cannons’ squad.

“They were pretty fierce (battles) in the backyard,” Dylan said.

“He has always been a really good footballer and this year he moved down to (Essendon) Doutta Stars and is playing some of his best football. It’s good to see him playing really well.

“He played a couple of (Cannons) games back in 2014 but that was when they had the really strong team and made it to the grand final.”

2020 article

Saints’ Dylan Landt has AFL dream

AN outside draft chance, St Mary’s gun recruit Dylan Landt still hasn’t given up on his AFL dream. He certainly isn’t misguided in believing he can make it to that level. The 21-year-old former Essendon star in the VFL has been a brilliant pick-up for the Green Machine in the 2020-21 NTFL season.

View attachment 1255273

Would go alright for us off the HB line
Also another North included media photo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide will not be nominating two nephews of AFL greats as Next Generation Academy prospects for next month’s national draft.

The Crows have access to Blayne O’Loughlin, whose uncle is Sydney champion Michael O’Loughlin, and Isaiah Dudley, the nephew of recently retired stars Shaun Burgoyne and Eddie Betts, but they are instead heading for the open draft because the club has already filled its two Category B rookie spots.

Adelaide retained defender James Borlase and speedster Tariek Newchurch last month.

It means if another club calls North Adelaide halfback O’Loughlin or Central District small forward Dudley’s names on November 25, the Crows cannot match the bids to secure them.

Adelaide still has the Indigenous duo in its talent order, but now has to see how things unfold at the draft.

Landing them would seem unlikely.

Blayne O’Loughlin — nephew of ex-Sydney Swans star Michael O’Loughlin — will go to the draft. Picture: Naomi Jellicoe

Blayne O’Loughlin — nephew of ex-Sydney Swans star Michael O’Loughlin — will go to the draft. Picture: Naomi Jellicoe

Armed with pick 4, the Crows do not have a selection between 33 and 75 – the range O’Loughlin is considered most likely to be taken.

Dudley is tipped to be a late or rookie option, but there have been concerns with his work ethic.

O’Loughlin was SA’s best in the AFL grand final curtain-raiser in the under-19 match against Western Australia in Perth a fortnight ago.

Captaining North Adelaide’s under-18s this season, the left-footer averaged 28.5 disposals from 13 matches at that level and was in blistering form early in the campaign.

The 171cm prospect with neat skills was used as a playmaker in defence, taking kick-ins and accumulating plenty of the ball.

Isaiah Dudley is the nephew of retired stars [PLAYERCARD]Shaun Burgoyne[/PLAYERCARD] and Eddie Betts. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

Isaiah Dudley is the nephew of retired stars Shaun Burgoyne and Eddie Betts. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

But he has also shown he can line up on the opposition’s best small forward and has had midfield stints.

He featured in three reserves matches in 2021.

Dudley, a 168cm goalsneak/midfielder, is quick, elusive and boasts terrific hands.

He kicked 10 goals from 11 reserves games this year and averaged 21.5 touches in 10 under-18 appearances.

“In order of talent, he’s number one, but he’s still a bit immature and learning about the game and what it takes to get the best out of yourself, including fitness,” SA under-19 coach Tony Bamford said earlier this year.

“But his talent, hands, smarts, kicking and football intelligence is unbelievable.’’

Last year Adelaide opted not to nominate father-son prospect Luke Edwards and he landed at West Coast with pick 52

Isaiah Dudley is the nephew of retired stars Shaun Burgoyne and Eddie Betts. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

Dudley, a 168cm goalsneak/midfielder, is quick, elusive and boasts terrific hands.
He kicked 10 goals from 11 reserves games this year and averaged 21.5 touches in 10 under-18 appearances.

“In order of talent, he’s number one, but he’s still a bit immature and learning about the game and what it takes to get the best out of yourself, including fitness,” SA under-19 coach Tony Bamford said earlier this year.

“But his talent, hands, smarts, kicking and football intelligence is unbelievable.’’
Pick him up as a rookie and get him in the Ben Cunnington development program.

Jy and TT will tuck him under the wing and show him the fruits of being an astute student of the BCDP.

Now that Adelaide have shown their hand with their opening offer for pick 1. Is there any realistic scenario where we fleece the crows for pick 4 and a bunch of future picks which we then on-trade to GC for pick 3 and walk out with Callaghan and Gibcus or other. And if this was realistic, would we do it? Or is this totally out of the realms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back