Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of focus on SA and WA talls. Who are the VIC talls that are going unnoticed? Particularly any KPD
Up forward there’s Sam Paea and Josh Rentsch. Paea is athletic, mobile and gets up the ground, can mark it well at 195cm. I’d say the knock on him is his consistency and his goal kicking accuracy. Rentsch is a Hawkins type (obviously not as good), won the Morrish medal, strong contested mark and big bodied, can pinch hit in the ruck. Anthony Caminiti is also a bolter who’s athletic with good leading patterns and tore up a few school games at Carey I believe from what I’ve heard, did alright in the trial game I watched without being outstanding and didn’t make the final metro

Down back there’s Oscar Morrison who’s a good intercept mark who has decent dash and kick for a tall, can be damaging but more of a 3rd tall at 193cm. Justin Davies is also a decent lockdown defender who isn’t really a monster but has had some good games, don’t know if he’s really a chance to get drafted though.

Just not much quality tall timber in Vic these days unfortunately.

Names picked out from the Combine invitees

VIC METRO

Anthony Caminiti (Northern Knights/Vic Metro, 196cm, 83kg)

Sam Darcy (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro, 204cm, 73kg)

Charlie Dean (Williamstown VFL, 195cm, 86kg)

Felix Flockart (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro, 202cm, 80kg)

Tyreece Leiu (Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro, 194cm, 93kg)

Caleb Lewis (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro, 196cm, 86kg)

Sam Paea (Calder Cannons/Vic Metro, 194cm, 94kg)

Dante Visentini (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro, 201cm, 88kg)

VIC COUNTRY

Mac Andrew (Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country, 200cm, 70kg)

Toby Conway (Geelong Falcons/Vic Country, 204cm, 90kg)

Justin Davies (Dandenong Stingrays/Vic Country, 194cm, 92kg)

Josh Gibcus (GWV Rebels/Vic Country, 195cm, 84kg)

Oscar Morrison (Geelong Falcons/Vic Country, 193cm, 86kg)

Josh Rentsch (GWV Rebels/Vic Country, 197cm, 100kg)

There's also others like Tom Gillett, Cody Raak, Liam Podhajski, Josh Misiti (193cm KPP, Essendon F/S)

Last edited:
Any draftees in the WAFL final to lookout for?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Names picked out from the Combine invitees

Tyreece Leiu (Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro, 194cm, 93kg)

Dante Visentini (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro, 201cm, 88kg)

There's also others like Tom Gillett, Cody Raak, Liam Podhajski, Josh Misiti (193cm KPP, Essendon F/S)

Just to touch a little bit on a few names I didn’t touch on before if any one cares.
- Leiu played for North’s VFL but as a medium forward. For Eastern Ranges at times he played through the middle as well as a big bodied mid, don’t think he necessarily translates as a key defender, but was alright for Vic Metro from what I remember. Actually liked what he showed as a forward/mid in our VFL from glimpses despite the smashing we received that day.

- Visentini to me seems like just your average 200cm project player, I didn’t think he was very good in the trial game but he suprised me in the actual Vic Metro game with a bit more skill than I thought he had.

- Cody Raak also probably not an AFL key defender but maybe a 3rd tall or a guy who plays on talls and smalls. I know heaps on here liked him for mid season. He said on my mates podcast that he’s put on a few kgs while still upping his running which is a good sign.

- Podhajski as well is someone who I know personally and have played against. I think he’s decent below his feet and around the ground for a ruckman but I think Conway is probably a fair way better than him and the landscape for pure rucks doesn’t help his chances to get drafted.

- I don’t think Misiti is a chance to get drafted, was one of the better players for PEGS but they had a weak team this year and got belted pretty much every week, wasn’t really a standout in many of the cannons game I watched. If Essendon want to take a flier on him developing as a big bodied mid then he might get drafted by them but I don’t think he’s draftable currently. Would benefit from a top age year as Shifter said

If we do happen to get 19 from the GC, I'd wonder if Freo would trade their pick 8 & 27 for 19 & 20.

I would do that trade. After picks shuffle 2 spots down, we could get someone like Josh Rachele or Neil Erasmus (they sound like jets).
We might still be able to get a Jack Williams, Rhett Bazzo or even Tom Brown if he slides at pick 27.

Freo could target a couple of local lads like Motlop, JVR or Matt Johnson along with Amiss at pick 6.

I still feel we need high end talent on our list and your best chance to get them are in the top 10 or so picks in any draft.

If we do happen to get 19 from the GC, I'd wonder if Freo would trade their pick 8 & 27 for 19 & 20.

I would do that trade. After picks shuffle 2 spots down, we could get someone like Josh Rachele or Neil Erasmus (they sound like jets).
We might still be able to get a Jack Williams, Rhett Bazzo or even Tom Brown if he slides at pick 27.

Freo could target a couple of local lads like Motlop, JVR or Matt Johnson along with Amiss at pick 6.

I still feel we need high end talent on our list and your best chance to get them are in the top 10 or so picks in any draft.
I doubt it. Freo want guns too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that deal would get done, but Freo do need a pick in the range of 19/20 for Jordan Clarke.

I wouldn't do that if I was Freo

They’ll want Erasmus & Amiss with their two picks (current and Carlton pick).

Just to touch a little bit on a few names I didn’t touch on before if any one cares.
- Leiu played for North’s VFL but as a medium forward. For Eastern Ranges at times he played through the middle as well as a big bodied mid, don’t think he necessarily translates as a key defender, but was alright for Vic Metro from what I remember. Actually liked what he showed as a forward/mid in our VFL from glimpses despite the smashing we received that day.

- Visentini to me seems like just your average 200cm project player, I didn’t think he was very good in the trial game but he suprised me in the actual Vic Metro game with a bit more skill than I thought he had.

- Cody Raak also probably not an AFL key defender but maybe a 3rd tall or a guy who plays on talls and smalls. I know heaps on here liked him for mid season. He said on my mates podcast that he’s put on a few kgs while still upping his running which is a good sign.

- Podhajski as well is someone who I know personally and have played against. I think he’s decent below his feet and around the ground for a ruckman but I think Conway is probably a fair way better than him and the landscape for pure rucks doesn’t help his chances to get drafted.

- I don’t think Misiti is a chance to get drafted, was one of the better players for PEGS but they had a weak team this year and got belted pretty much every week, wasn’t really a standout in many of the cannons game I watched. If Essendon want to take a flier on him developing as a big bodied mid then he might get drafted by them but I don’t think he’s draftable currently. Would benefit from a top age year as Shifter said
Hey mate. Great insight. Would be great for you to post more. Need a few more young talent watchers. Top work.

kicked 3 during 1st half and then bazzo went on him in the last, kicked the goal you mentioned but didn't do much else.

I didn’t see the game but the wafl website had JVR sneak into his sides best players with 12 disposals and the 4 goals.

Bazzo was named second best for the winning side with 9 disposals and only the 2 marks.

Accurate?

I didn’t see the game but the wafl website had JVR sneak into his sides best players with 12 disposals and the 4 goals.

Bazzo was named second best for the winning side with 9 disposals and only the 2 marks.

Accurate?
Reckon anyone who kicks 4 is usually in the best group regardless of winner.
JVR was quiet in the 2nd half when they started to focus him a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back