Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Has nobody thought of the obvious here? If Wingard agrees, tell Bobby Hill sorry mate, you're going to Hawthorn. Wingard, 21 and a future second for Hill and 2. Only thing i'd accept personally because as much as being ruthless to improve our list is important, Chad is the least expendable and hardest to replace. I want overs or I don't want it to happen at all.
I'd say pick 13 is on the table, with the 5 to 2 slide.

Would be this depending on how much coin we put down.
Of course if he wants to stay, we'd kill it.
My gut tells me he won't want to go, which is also fine.
Going off of his Insta post from Friday I think it’s clear he didn’t want to go anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see Chad being pushed out against his will, but if any deal involving him means gaining 2 but losing 5 it's definitely not worth it. We need two bites at the apple as close to the start of the draft as possible and 13 just doesn't help that enough.

I'd say pick 13 is on the table, with the 5 to 2 slide.
Can’t see gws trading 2. A slide from 2 for 5 is worth a first round pick at least. And chad is not worth more than a pick in the teens (and maybe less). So unless we want chad + 5 for pick 2 it’s not happening (and that still may not be enough for pick 2).

And GWS supposed interest in Mac appeared to have stemmed from a throwaway comment from Rendell and now accepted as ‘fact’ around here. Rendell has been wrong many a time.

Can’t see gws trading 2. A slide from 2 for 5 is worth a first round pick at least. And chad is not worth more than a pick in the teens (and maybe less). So unless we want chad + 5 for pick 2 it’s not happening (and that still may not be enough for pick 2).

And GWS supposed interest in Mac appeared to have stemmed from a throwaway comment from Rendell and now accepted as ‘fact’ around here. Rendell has been wrong many a time.
Was also reported in the HUN

That's the deal mate. Plus pick 13 and we pay some salary.
As I said before, Chad has to want to go, which I reckon is unlikely.
I cant see this getting done. And I'm fine with that.

I can't see Chad being pushed out against his will, but if any deal involving him means gaining 2 but losing 5 it's definitely not worth it. We need two bites at the apple as close to the start of the draft as possible and 13 just doesn't help that enough.
So we need two bites as close to the top as possible…wouldn’t that mean if 2 and 13 are on the table it’s better than 5? If they can do some work, pay salary, add a second, get those two they should. However at the end of the day if Wingard says no then they can’t force him and it’s over

So we need two bites as close to the top as possible…wouldn’t that mean if 2 and 13 are on the table it’s better than 5? If they can do some work, pay salary, add a second, get those two they should. However at the end of the day if Wingard says no then they can’t force him and it’s over

No, because to get 2 and 13 that means Wingard is out of the team. Personally I'd be more comfortable keeping 5 and Wingard, then doing some deals at the draft using future picks.

That would mean Wingard is worth pick 2 and as much as I like Chad…he’s not
To GWS he must be

They have a team of top 5 picks in that midfield. What they need is a Toby Greene type who doesn't miss every 3rd week and crucial games because he is a chump.

Wingard makes them a genuine premiership contender for the next 3 years pick 2 doesn't do that

No, because to get 2 and 13 that means Wingard is out of the team. Personally I'd be more comfortable keeping 5 and Wingard, then doing some deals at the draft using future picks.
I dunno I guess we just disagree on that which obviously is fine. I love Chad and what he brings but if it means we get the second live pick on the night and another top 15 pick while keeping the picks in the 20s then it could be the start of building the next premiership side. I can’t see Chad being in our next premiership side as the list is assembled. Might I add if this deal was available for a Mitchell or Gunston I would be happier however if it’s Chad then it’s the cost of doing business. I don’t however expect he is open to moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back