Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I'd rather send Breust over for pick 13 and carry almost all of his salary. Again, not worth that on his own but cap space must be a HUGE incentive for GWS atm.. We could probably get XOH for a late pick either way.

Perhaps we can offer to pay ALL of Breusts salary so they can also improve their chances of fitting in Lobb as well. Maybe that might allow us to do a 3 club trade and also move our pick up from 5 to 2.

If we can find a way to keep Chad I'd be happy. I feel like Breust would be a better fit for them anyway.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Same. Send them Breust, from what I understand he will move to Sydney once his career is finished anyway.

It's unlikely we are going to win a flag with him in the side (who was the last team to have a 33< small forward in their premiership side?), so as harsh as it is we should cash in. Breust and Greene would make a formidable small forward duo.

Same. Send them Breust, from what I understand he will move to Sydney once his career is finished anyway.

It's unlikely we are going to win a flag with him in the side (who was the last team to have a 33< small forward in their premiership side?), so as harsh as it is we should cash in. Breust and Greene would make a formidable small forward duo.
Gws aren't parting with 13 for a guy who turns 31 before putting the jumper on for the first time though

Is it because Bruest from NSW too? That is first time I have heard Bruest's name though, generally has been Gunston, JOM, Mitchell, Wingard. I guess depends on GWS and the player involved. If Bruest stays he would be a one club player, although some of the romance has been lost in recent years with players moving to get a few extra years out. I take it because Chad plays the midfield role better, although as others have said chad is also cherry on top and we are in rebuilding stage. I can understand logic of trading each of Gunston, JOM, Mitchell, Wingard, hopefully not all, as others have said probably only two.
I think he's mentioned that he wants to set up his post football career in Syd. Although 30+ he could play for another 4 years to be fair. He's a special player but I think Chad the midfielder will be more helpful to us than Chad the fwd will be at GWS to them.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

It would be so much better if Riley, Cal and Cleary were the only voices on trade radio. Far less bullshit. More thoughts around actual club movements.

would finish top 5 in a Brownlow surrounded by Giants mids and along side Greene. Wingard is elite.
Another reason to go then! A top 5 finish would be his best Brownlow polling/playing season ever. In the last 5 or more years he has hardly troubled the scorers during the count.

It would be so much better if Riley, Cal and Cleary were the only voices on trade radio. Far less bullshit. More thoughts around actual club movements.
It's wild how many people they have filing air time unnecessarily. These three have great vibes with eachother and don't spew as much bullshit as others. They also seem to actually keep up to date with what happens in the league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Chad doesn’t want to leave, that’s fine by me.

I find it a little amusing how much of a rabble our club supposedly is meant to be and we’re in disarray, yet we don’t seem to have a flurry of players wanting to leave.
“They’re going to have players want to leave now Clarkson is gone”

It's annoying because of all the senior players I'd like us to trade for draft picks, Wingard is the last one I'd want to. He is the only senior player with class, speed and x-factor and further to that he has always been extremely invested in the club. Imagine our midfield without Chad in there :sick:.

If he does decide to go to GWS then I'd be expecting at least a trade based around 5 + Chad for 2 + 13 coming back. I was utterly bemused to see Riley Beveridge suggest that we 'could ask for pick 13 in exchange for Wingard'. I sure hope we'd ask for more than that.

We traded the equivalent of pick 6 + Burton for Wingard in 2018, and that was without any salary compensation.
Pick 5 + Wingard for 2 + 13 values Chad at pick 6 so I'd expect that to be the foundation of the trade especially given that we'd be paying a tonne of his salary so that GWS can even fit him in.

Anyway, I actually hope he stays and we trade one of JOM or Titch for picks instead. They're much easier to replace and seem to be more open to a trade anyway.

Hopefully the club is considering other options other than trading key olders players (i don't mind but the juice might not be worth the squeeze).

I would look at simpler solutions like:
  • Cegler and future 2nd to Cats for 34 and 41
  • Pick 5 and 41 to Tigers for 7 and 26 (assuming there are 5 or 6 players after Callaghan we would be happy with)
  • Leaving us with 7,21,24,26 & 34 - early first rounder plus 4 2nd rounders)
  • Live trade on draft night where overs are offered

Hopefully the club is considering other options other than trading key olders players (i don't mind but the juice might not be worth the squeeze).

• Pick 5 and 41 to Tigers for 7 and 26 (assuming there are 5 or 6 players after Callaghan we would be happy with)
I am not trading from 5 to 7 for an upgrade of 41 to 26

Not dropping our first round pick back for anything.

You mean you don't like Nick Dal Santo's "who would be your dream recruit from any player in history" segment?

Hitting that pipe a little too hard bud..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back