AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Duryea this finals series, it is hard to understand how he couldn't cement a spot in our side in his final year or two, became a constant whipping boy, but looks tough and reliable at dogs. Perhaps the kind of player that needs good players around him. Certainly seemed to go backwards after our stars started to depart post 2016.
Dogs supporters mates absolutely love him. Can’t believe he was a whipping boy.

Dogs supporters mates absolutely love him. Can’t believe he was a whipping boy.

Hard as nails he was
Never saw him shirk a contest and you k ew when he walked off that he had given his all. I just never understood the dislike, but then, there’s been a few over the years that have received the same unwarranted treatment.

Hard as nails he was
Never saw him shirk a contest and you k ew when he walked off that he had given his all. I just never understood the dislike, but then, there’s been a few over the years that have received the same unwarranted treatment.
2015 that prelimin in Perth v the dockers he was outstanding. I was really sad we let him go

2015 that prelimin in Perth v the dockers he was outstanding. I was really sad we let him go
Always get guys like him who get squeezed out of a stacked side . Got a better deal and is one if those guys who steadily has improved each season .

Worse thing was explaining why he is called 'Doc' to dogs supporters .

Wow that's a better pill for the Lions to swallow and the questions will start to be asked. 3 top 4 finishes have resulted in 1-5 in the finals including 1-4 at the Gabba.

In the end the real top 4 have made the prelims. Dogs and Lions final ladder positions wasn't really indicative of how the season went. Dogs just fluffed their last few weeks after being top 2 for a lot of the year.

Still shit for Lions but 5th is a true reflection of their season IMO.

That game last night was an all-timer. Actually expected something special going into it and it didn't disappoint.

I cannot see a reality where Melbourne beat Geelong next week. That Kennet curse is so engrained in my mind.

Gary Rohan beating the Bulldogs after the siren.

Zach Touhy beating Melbourne after the siren.

Tom Hawkins beating us after the siren.

All nightmares I can't wake up from.

The Melbourne choke is coming. The only chance they have is to strike early and create a huge lead. They are usually fitter than their opposition so any early lead will help them in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deliberate out of bounds is not a rule. He showed insufficient intent to keep the ball in. Caleb would have known that there is a high chance of a miskick with that.
How do we know that ball wouldn't have ended up OOB further up the ground anyway. Had no control over what he was doing. Actually think that wasn't as bad a decision as is being made out. The big O decision was worse. Clearly just a skill error with the errant handball with Robinson right there. They got a goal from that free kick. Criminal stuff.

That moment against Cameron late was amazing

Gave me Stratton against Danger in the prelim vibes
I love Charlie but he tried to be the hero there instead of trying to force a draw I rekon. The Lincoln Macarthy missed opportunity was the one that bemused me. In the clear 30m out with time to snap on his right foot he choose to handball. Clear cut poor decision making. Only had themselves to blame in some circumstances.

In the end the real top 4 have made the prelims. Dogs and Lions final ladder positions wasn't really indicative of how the season went. Dogs just fluffed their last few weeks after being top 2 for a lot of the year.

Still sh*t for Lions but 5th is a true reflection of their season IMO.
They will get Raynor back next year. They were missing key pieces to the side which would have made the difference last night. 2 men down as well. They had some bad luck at the wrong time. Still feel they will be strong next year but the mental scars of being poor in finals would be building now.

Free Kick Dogs is well and truly alive

How was that a block on English in the last minute?

Good lord

I disgaree. There were a few moments (the Caleb Daniel one in particular) that made me think people would finally shut up about it.

There was a weak free and then a 50m penalty paid in the last quarter to the Lions too that I thought was pretty weak.

Free Kick Dogs is well and truly alive

How was that a block on English in the last minute?

Good lord

It seemed pretty obvious to me tbh.... looked directly at English, didn't try to jump at/contest the ball and made contact with him. Exactly the sort of free kick that Ceglar was continually being pinged for a while back.

Still reckon Lions got bent over though. It would be so nice to bask in the glow of the umpire's benevolence as consistently as the Dogs do. I wonder what that feels like.

I was looking for comments on Stephen Coniglio‘s dynamic performance.
And he’s got more money than any of us, he can retire early and never go hungry.

But just think, Coniglio could have been leading our midfield.

I was looking for comments on Stephen Coniglio‘s dynamic performance.
And he’s got more money than any of us, he can retire early and never go hungry.

But just think, Coniglio could have been leading our midfield.

'Leading'.

Connor Nash has already surpassed him.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Back