AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring in that game was an absolute disgrace. Lions should feel robbed.

Some weird free kicks paid during the game, some completely in contrast to how they have been paid during the whole of the season.

Then with a minute to go ruck free to the Dogs.

Go figure

it's up to you, Melbourne. The other 3 teams are unlikeable scum.
You clearly don’t know any of the mouthy Melbourne supporters getting around.

The umpiring in that game was an absolute disgrace. Lions should feel robbed.
We shouldn’t expect any better, the umpires have lost the plot. How the hell can you pay 2 HTB‘s when a player is legitimately trying to take possession and then ignore the Bulldogs player laying on the ball with a few minutes to go. Then you have Daniel’s “insufficient intent” when hacking a ball out of mid air. What planet are these morons on?
FFS, can’t they develop an understanding of the game and how it actually works?

I mean to call a highly technical centre square infringement like that at that at stage of the game given probably less than one a match gets called on average a game....
That is not even the bad one for me, that no HTB call when the Dogs player dove on the ball just before the Smith goal is wild... That has been called all year every time.

Staggering decision

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is not even the bad one for me, that no HTB call when the Dogs player dove on the ball just before the Smith goal is wild... That has been called all year every time.

Staggering decision

Gutless decision. They paid they exact same thing in the 3rd qtr against McCluggage.

Enormous dilemma for AFL if Dogs and Cats win. How do they split the bullshit free kicks?
Unstoppable force meets the unmovable object...

We will finally get our answer

Gutless decision. They paid they exact same thing in the 3rd qtr against McCluggage.
You can't even say they swallowed the whistle because they were paying EVERYTHING...

Mind you the Caleb Daniel deliberate OOB was also bullshit.

Umps werent great but Lions have themselves to blame , played a poor game and were up at 3/4 time at home.

Straight sets 2 of the last 3 years and a prelim loss last season .

too be fair, given they were one man down from half time, I reckon they went okay

The standard of umpiring across the final series has been underwhelming.
Abysmal weren't they. McInerney's throw near the centre and Daniel's kick ruled as deliberate were two I remember when the pressure was really on.
Without the Bont and Weightman I can't see them beating Port next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Back