Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reserved seat holder, if I miss out on the ballot for a game at Geelong will I receive a credit on my membership/seat for 2022? Waiting to hear from the club how this will work.

Disappointed that they were happy to take our money for a reserved seat on the incredibly naive assumption that things will return to the way they were before COVID, only to now be told that we are highly unlikely to sit in that seat at all this season and that we have to buy our seats for each home game.

Would have thought after last year they'd start treating their members with a bit more respect. Silly me.

Yep. I know the club is in a difficult position, but I've been a bit disappointed with the membership department. We had a family membership last year - approximately $1,100 spent. We decided to retain those memberships and donate the money to the club. We received an email saying that if we keep our memberships we will receive signed guernseys, cats shops vouchers and many other things.

To date, we have not received anything. I emailed the club over a week ago to inquire about this and have not had a response. We also renewed our memberships this year too. Very disappointing way to treat members who have been paid up members of the club for 12-years..

We have remained loyal and dedicated and I feel like we are not valued at all..

Yep. I know the club is in a difficult position, but I've been a bit disappointed with the membership department. We had a family membership last year - approximately $1,100 spent. We decided to retain those memberships and donate the money to the club. We received an email saying that if we keep our memberships we will receive signed guernseys, cats shops vouchers and many other things.

To date, we have not received anything. I emailed the club over a week ago to inquire about this and have not had a response. We also renewed our memberships this year too. Very disappointing way to treat members who have been paid up members of the club for 12-years..

That's very disappointing to hear. I really hope the club comes good and fulfils its promises to you and your family. Nothing but kudos to you for keeping the faith in such tough times.

Regarding the signed guerseys - they're still coming. Been a lot of questions on Facebook about them over the past week and the common feedback from those who'd heard from the club was:
- the players are currently in the process of signing guernseys
- they will be available after our first game (thinking that may be referencing first home game)

Regarding the signed guerseys - they're still coming. Been a lot of questions on Facebook about them over the past week and the common feedback from those who'd heard from the club was:
- the players are currently in the process of signing guernseys
- they will be available after our first game (thinking that may be referencing first home game)

Thanks cats_09. Much appreciated. I think that type of communication really does need to come from the club, I think it's an area they've been lacking in for a while now. It seems they've just ignored people's emails.

We certainly did not retain our membership to get guernseys etc, but a bit of communication to the people that pledged that loyalty is always welcome. At the end of the day, we were really happy to stand by the club and support them as they have given us some great times over the years. But hearing how some members got their $50 vouchers a while ago, and we haven't, it is a bit disappointing.

But we will continue to support this great club and purchase our memberships, regardless.

Thanks cats_09. Much appreciated. I think that type of communication really does need to come from the club, I think it's an area they've been lacking in for a while now. It seems they've just ignored people's emails.

We certainly did not retain our membership to get guernseys etc, but a bit of communication to the people that pledged that loyalty is always welcome. At the end of the day, we were really happy to stand by the club and support them as they have given us some great times over the years. But hearing how some members got their $50 vouchers a while ago, and we haven't, it is a bit disappointing.

But we will continue to support this great club and purchase our memberships, regardless.

As you say, it's all about the communication. Just keep people informed and there really wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Anyway, stay classy, Mad_Catter. This club is truly blessed to have supporters like you and your family on the team.

Why should Geelong reserve seat members get priority access for melbourne games? Surely melbourne Geelong members should get priority over reserved seat member? Only social club members should get priority at both Geelong and melbourne.

this seems incredibly unfair to Geelong melbourne members.
When you say "Geelong reserve seat members", is it in reference to this:

There will be three priority groups:
- Priority 1: Geelong Social Club & Reserved Seat members
- Priority 2: General Admission & AFL Club Support members
- Priority 3: General Public (only available if ticket limits are still available)

If it is, then I believe that "Geelong" is actually referring to the "Geelong Football Club" and those who are Social Club members or Reserved Seat members of the Geelong Football Club, and not just Geelong based members

I take it to mean that you can be a Home member, Home & Away member or Melbourne member, and as long as you have a reserved seat accompanying your ticket then you're in the Priority 1 grouping.

We need to remember that home memberships covers games in both Geelong and Melbourne, with members able to upgrade to reserved seats for all home games, meaning you don't need a Melbourne specific membership to access our Melbourne games nor to have a reserved seat at those games

Personally I have a home & away membership with reserved seats for all of our home games, regardless of the stadium - so even with reduced capacity I quite like having the opportunity to redeem a seat for our matches in Melbourne if I'm in a situation of being able to attend

When you say "Geelong reserve seat members", is it in reference to this:

There will be three priority groups:
- Priority 1: Geelong Social Club & Reserved Seat members
- Priority 2: General Admission & AFL Club Support members
- Priority 3: General Public (only available if ticket limits are still available)

If it is, then I believe that "Geelong" is actually referring to the "Geelong Football Club" and those who are Social Club members or Reserved Seat members of the Geelong Football Club, and not just Geelong based members

I take it to mean that you can be a Home member, Home & Away member or Melbourne member, and as long as you have a reserved seat accompanying your ticket then you're in the Priority 1 grouping.

We need to remember that home memberships covers games in both Geelong and Melbourne, with members able to upgrade to reserved seats for all home games, meaning you don't need a Melbourne specific membership to access our Melbourne games nor to have a reserved seat at those games

Personally I have a home & away membership with reserved seats for all of our home games, regardless of the stadium - so even with reduced capacity I quite like having the opportunity to redeem a seat for our matches in Melbourne if I'm in a situation of being able to attend
What package gives you a reserve seat with all home games as just compared to kardinia park reserved seats?

What package gives you a reserve seat with all home games as just compared to kardinia park reserved seats?

When I purchased them they were independent add-on options only available after selecting a base membership type

I went with a Home & Away membership - from there I was given the option to upgrade to a reserve seat in Geelong where I could select what level of seating I wanted (bronze, silver, gold or platinum), and I was then able to do the same with upgrading to reserve seats for our 3 Melbourne home games (at the time matches at both MCG & Etihad, with bronze, silver or gold)

It was all optional, so I could pass on reserve seats, select them for only Geelong or only Melbourne or both - I went reserved seats with both

Things may have changed this year with covid restrictions, they may not be selling the reserved seat upgrades as it's just not something they can guarantee - existing reserve seat holders may not get access to all games, so adding to those numbers is something they may have wished to try and avoid

Why should Geelong reserve seat members get priority access for melbourne games? Surely melbourne Geelong members should get priority over reserved seat member? Only social club members should get priority at both Geelong and melbourne.

this seems incredibly unfair to Geelong melbourne members.
There's more seats available at the G than KP and less members who will redeem. You won't miss out, unless you don't logon at 9am I promise.

The club can't really afford to have 15 categories to make sure the right people get looked after, you have to cut some slack for the simplicity of the system. It's gonna be a shit show week after week.

When I purchased them they were independent add-on options only available after selecting a base membership type

I went with a Home & Away membership - from there I was given the option to upgrade to a reserve seat in Geelong where I could select what level of seating I wanted (bronze, silver, gold or platinum), and I was then able to do the same with upgrading to reserve seats for our 3 Melbourne home games (at the time matches at both MCG & Etihad, with bronze, silver or gold)

It was all optional, so I could pass on reserve seats, select them for only Geelong or only Melbourne or both - I went reserved seats with both

Things may have changed this year with covid restrictions, they may not be selling the reserved seat upgrades as it's just not something they can guarantee - existing reserve seat holders may not get access to all games, so adding to those numbers is something they may have wished to try and avoid
It’s seems the benefit now for reserve seats is not the reserve seat but the priority access to tickets. Problem is they have not adjusted their ticketing system to reflect this so unless you get kardinia park reserve seats there is no way of knowing whether the reserve seat access you do get allows you to have Priority access.

as an interstate member there should be a way to pay a premium fee to get priority access to tickets for the couple of games we will be in Victoria. But there does not appear to be an option. I’m not going to buy a reserved seat for 11 games as I’m only in Victoria for 2-3. I can pay to get a guaranteed grand final ticket but not guaranteed access to the home and away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rang the club:

- tix will be released week prior and should be staggered eg hawks one day, geelong the next
- tix should be $0 cost (esp level 4) the club will absorb the admin tiketek costs
- um thats it. Im purchasing my melbourne membership either melb 11 or melb 5 at KP next week

I'm the same. And they probably know that. Many don't care, but I feel as a long term member and seat holder we'd be valued a lot more than we currently are. I was hoping their attitudes towards us after so many stuck fat through 2020 would change, but on current evidence it doesn't appear to be the case.

Did anyone opt-in for the physical (plastic) membership cards? There was a form you had to fill-in for each membership. That was apparently useless as when I called to pay for the seat renewals over the phone, I had them check they got the forms, and the response was "no, that flag isn't set, but I'll do so for you now".

The member pack goodies, such as they are this year, arrived today but no signs of the cards and lanyards we opted-in for...hmm, might need to call the club.

I just spoke with the club, maybe a 10 minute wait on hold, and they advised for those who opted in for physical cards they are sending them separate to the member packs, and only began shipping them last week.

Regarding signed guernseys, the snap lockdown threw their sign day planning into a dead end, so they need to get a time soon for the players to smash out a whole more of them.

Info as per email from the club

Hi C09,

As communicated in our last member access email update, this season you will access games differently.

Your membership card or mobile membership card will NOT grant you access into the ground.

Due to contact tracing requirements and current reduced stadium capacity of 50%, using your Reserved Seat membership barcode number above you must redeem a $0 ticket online, the week of each match. For GMHBA Stadium and Marvel Stadium this is via Ticketmaster and for the MCG it is via Ticketek. Please take note of your barcode number as you will need that for each game this season.

You can enter the barcode for Reserved Seat members you would normally sit with so you are allocated seats together. You must redeem your ticket in the same transaction by entering multiple barcodes in the box provided at the time of booking (one barcode per line). A maximum 6 barcodes will apply. If you have a group of more than 6, you must complete multiple bookings.

Reserved Seat members will have first priority for tickets to games at GMHBA Stadium. An exclusive Reserved Seat member pre-sale will open on Monday at 10am the week of each GMHBA Stadium game. From 10am on the Tuesday, any available tickets will become available to other member groups.

We will send you an email prior to each GMHBA Stadium game member presale with a ticket agent link to access tickets. This email will also contain other information you need to complete this process.

ROUND 2
RESERVED SEAT MEMBER PRE-SALE:
Monday 22 March
10am - 5pm

As a Reserved Seat Member, you will have an exclusive window of time (listed above) to access tickets. It is crucial you complete your booking in this window of time.

Save your barcode number from the top of this email, as this is how you will access a $0 ticket.

Did anyone opt-in for the physical (plastic) membership cards? There was a form you had to fill-in for each membership. That was apparently useless as when I called to pay for the seat renewals over the phone, I had them check they got the forms, and the response was "no, that flag isn't set, but I'll do so for you now".

The member pack goodies, such as they are this year, arrived today but no signs of the cards and lanyards we opted-in for...hmm, might need to call the club.
Opted in as of Tuesday, the lady said they are starting to get sent next week & I would be a bit of a wait.....The rest of my membership has already come though. 😊

Opted in as of Tuesday, the lady said they are starting to get sent next week & I would be a bit of a wait.....The rest of my membership has already come though. 😊

Hence why I'm getting mine in person.

I mean why not, I'm driving right through there, on a weekday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back