Fixture 2021 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully things are working better by next week

Ticketek and Ticketmaster need to just borrow some time from those who design and architect the Facebook and Twitter platforms. They scale using cloud-based resources like no other, ensuring an almost instant experience for millions of users wherever they are in the world.

These ticketing giant muppets can't scale for a few tens of thousands of people from one nation, mostly from a few pockets of the nation. FFS, the AFL is at fault for not working with the grounds administrators to hold these crooks to account.

OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY IS TO GET OUR MEMBERS BACK TO LIVE FOOTY IN 2021.
Firstly, and most importantly, you will need to plan ahead, as attending the footy will be different in 2021 as a result of impending crowd capacity limitations. Many of the details are still being worked on with the AFL, Venues and Government. We will communicate via email closer to Round 1 with all the specific information you need to secure your seat.

As of March 11, capacity for Victorian crowds is 50% of the venue. We are confident that this percentage will increase throughout the 2021 AFL Home and Away season. Capacity may differ state by state.

Reserved Seat and Social Club members will not be charged any additional fees relating to redeeming a ticket via Ticketmaster or Ticketek.

At this stage there will be three priority groups:

Priority 1: Geelong Social Club & Reserved Seat members (subject to availability)
Round 2 Geelong v Brisbane On sale: From 10am Monday 22 March | CLICK HERE to redeem tickets (this link will go live at 10am on Monday)

Priority 2: General Admission & AFL Club Support members (subject to availability)
Round 2 Geelong v Brisbane On sale: From 10am Tuesday 23 March

Priority 3: General Public (only available if ticket limits are still available)
Round 2 Geelong v Brisbane On sale: TBC

more info at

At this stage there will be three priority groups:
Just wanted to clarify, I think it was Seeds that pointed out the ambiguous wording further up the thread.

Priority 1 includes all members who have paid for a reserved seat at any Cats home game (including Melbourne home games). These members shouldn't be charged anything and seated as close to their normal seats as possible. This includes AFL members who pay for a reserved seat.

Priority 2 are the remaining cats members who would normally scan in at the gate as general admission, or pay to upgrade to a reserved seat on a game by game basis (those being interstate, country, GA 3 game, AFL members etc). This is not general admission for the general public, only members with GA entitlement before covid forced everyone to have a reserved seat

Priority 3 is general public access, and I wouldn't expect any seats to be available except maybe the MCG home games.

Just wanted to clarify, I think it was Seeds that pointed out the ambiguous wording further up the thread.

Priority 1 includes all members who have paid for a reserved seat at any Cats home game (including Melbourne home games). These members shouldn't be charged anything and seated as close to their normal seats as possible. This includes AFL members who pay for a reserved seat.

Priority 2 are the remaining cats members who would normally scan in at the gate as general admission, or pay to upgrade to a reserved seat on a game by game basis (those being interstate, country, GA 3 game, AFL members etc). This is not general admission for the general public, only members with GA entitlement before covid forced everyone to have a reserved seat

Priority 3 is general public access, and I wouldn't expect any seats to be available except maybe the MCG home games.
Which group is interstate premium in?

Don't know. I'd ring the club to clarify. My assumption is Priority 2 because it's more expensive due to being a GF guaranteed access membership rather than a reserved seat membership. ymmv

Do you have a reserved seat with your membership?

If you upgraded to a reserve seat then you should be priority 1, if you don't have a reserve seat then I'd assume you'd be priority 2 - best thing would be to contact the club to confirm

If you upgraded to a reserve seat then you should be priority 1, if you don't have a reserve seat then I'd assume you'd be priority 2 - best thing would be to contact the club to confirm
That's how I read it.

If it was 2019, would your membership entitle you to a pre-determined reserved seat, or would you have to pay the extra?

If you had a reserved seat: Priority 1
If you had to pay to reserve a seat: Priority 2

Why would an interstate member have an 11 game reserved seat in melbourne or geelong? Thry dont live there. The reserved seat part is really confusing. I gather you cant just get a reserved seat for the 3 or so games you might actually be in victoria for.

Why would an interstate member have an 11 game reserved seat in melbourne or geelong? Thry dont live there. The reserved seat part is really confusing. I gather you cant just get a reserved seat for the 3 or so games you might actually be in victoria for.
According to the package options, 'Premium Interstate' members can "Upgrade^^ to a Reserved Seat for the 11 Cats home games at a Member-only rate"

Under non covid circumstances, it may be a case that some interstate members are happy to fly to Vic for all home games or for a good number of them, and having a reserved seat allows them the comfort of knowing that when they can get to Vic for games they'll be guaranteed match access

And if there's a game they can't make, they can always put their seat into the resale option

Obviously things are a bit different this year, so maybe they just want the assurance of being in the first group that's able to buy tickets should they be able to make the upcoming match

According to the package options, 'Premium Interstate' members can "Upgrade^^ to a Reserved Seat for the 11 Cats home games at a Member-only rate"

Under non covid circumstances, it may be a case that some interstate members are happy to fly to Vic for all home games or for a good number of them, and having a reserved seat allows them the comfort of knowing that when they can get to Vic for games they'll be guaranteed match access

And if there's a game they can't make, they can always put their seat into the resale option

Obviously things are a bit different this year, so maybe they just want the assurance of being in the first group that's able to buy tickets should they be able to make the upcoming match
Ahh the resale option. That would explain it. A bit useless this year though. No one is going to pay 800 dollars to go to 3-4 home and away games. Especially given it usually costs interstate supporters a couple of hundred dollars in flights to visit per trip on top. Sounds like interstate fans have no options for guaranteed seats. Aint goint to organise interstate footy trips to come down if i cant guarantee a ticket before i book my flights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought my membership last... Thursday.

No email/barcode number from the club.

This normal??? All details are correct- they were confirmed with the woman over the phone.

Are you looking to redeem a ticket for our round 2 match or waiting until our Easter Monday match for your first attendance?

They may send out a reminder email to folks today, you could try logging into the members section (they have an option that says "My Membership Barcode" and all the info comes up, or you could try giving them a call first thing in the morning to confirm details

They may send out a reminder email to folks today, you could try logging into the members section (they have an option that says "My Membership Barcode" and all the info comes up, or you could try giving them a call first thing in the morning to confirm details

Done. Easy as- cheers again.

My thinking is that she'd have to wait, and you'd be crossing your fingers there's still tickets available at P2 - you have to enter members barcodes to redeem the tickets, and I'm guessing that it'll recognise which priority group each barcode belongs to which would mean a P2 barcode is unlikely to be able to get a ticket during P1 period

Worth noting, as useless as they are, my family opted in for plastic membership cards and lanyards for 2021, and they arrived late last week.

When we opted in, the "ballot" program had not been announced, so we assumed this was another money saving default to have people begin getting comfortable with digital membership "cards". Personally I'm a big fan of physical tickets for events for a bunch of reasons that would be off-topic to get into, but I see no reason in giving people the option of both, not one or the other.

How do I tell the difference between my Social Club and Reserved Seat membership codes lmfao

They just send them both together in an e-mail and that's it.

Anyone else with season seats disappointed how far from their regular seats for years the ticketing system sent them? Despite how many times seats were rejected and then sought after over and over? You'd think as an example it would give the options for upper or lower, covered, not covered, etc. As opposed to, "you have seats in x stand, so we'll just divvy out seats anywhere in that stand".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back