T20I 2021 T20 World Cup Semi Final 2 - Australia v Pakistan 12 Nov 1am AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia peaks at major tournaments, anything in between is pretty much meaningless. I mean Australia were also a rabble leading up to the 2019 50 over world cup, however they managed to beat England in the group stage and make the semi final.

Australia peaks at major tournaments, anything in between is pretty much meaningless. I mean Australia were also a rabble leading up to the 2019 50 over world cup, however they managed to beat England in the group stage and make the semi final.
Part of the problem is that a) we rarely seem to pick our squad at full strength any time outside a WC, and b) we try to host only the best opposition. At the moment, we're in a bit of an ebb in terms of quality while England are fairly strong and India have the most prolific depth and quality in the world, so naturally a not at full strength Australia isn't going to win all that many games in a tour.

There's also the fact that we have a bit of a habit of getting on a roll and finding form in a tournament, as opposed to the ups and downs of a series. Playing average opposition lets us work out what works and what doesn't, and gets players a bit of confidence.

Finch,Smith and Maxwell failed with the bat,good to see others do their part and cover these failures.A great team effort.
Surely Maxwell has a big batting performance in the final?

We shall see.

Surely Maxwell has a big batting performance in the final?

We shall see.
Surely he gets dropped after yet again putting the team in a dire position by playing, and getting out to, an irresponsible danger filled reverse sweep at just the time the team desperately needed to retain wickets and consolidate. It happens far too often. Yes, he scores runs from the reverse sweep, but he goes out to the shot far too often and usually at the worst possible time. Maxwell's an amazing player when he plays in a responsible manner, but his lack of awareness of the state of the game that was once again evident in the semi final has become far too prominent lately and he needs to be dropped until he's ready to put the grandstanding aside and play as a responsible team member.

Surely he gets dropped after yet again putting the team in a dire position by playing, and getting out to, an irresponsible danger filled reverse sweep at just the time the team desperately needed to retain wickets and consolidate. It happens far too often. Yes, he scores runs from the reverse sweep, but he goes out to the shot far too often and usually at the worst possible time. Maxwell's an amazing player when he plays in a responsible manner, but his lack of awareness of the state of the game that was once again evident in the semi final has become far too prominent lately and he needs to be dropped until he's ready to put the grandstanding aside and play as a responsible team member.
Are you suggesting he be dropped for the final? That won’t, and shouldn’t, happen.

People probably just assumed every Australian Cricketer of that era was a w***er. To be fair though he deserves some ridicule over his reviews.
Thanks to Watto, LBW now stands for Leg Before Watson :).

I don’t think the shot selection was that bad. I question whether it was the right time to go on the attack, but if we say that it was for arguments sake, it was the right circumstances for a reverse sweep. The man it point was somewhat forward of square, and there was no one out behind point. Hitting with the spin I think it would be safer to try and find the boundary that way, then to try and heave it to the leg side.

Remove this Banner Ad

T20I 2021 T20 World Cup Semi Final 2 - Australia v Pakistan 12 Nov 1am AEDT

Back