Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like these KPDs are dropping like flies. If you believe the stories, Skinner going to Port and the Schlong to Geelong. Does that just leave Dean for us, or is there someone else we might be looking at?

Looking like these KPDs are dropping like flies. If you believe the stories, Skinner going to Port and the Schlong to Geelong. Does that just leave Dean for us, or is there someone else we might be looking at?
Unfortunately for us to get Dean we'd have to live trade back into the draft probably early in the third round.

It's a shame when we could have had him for nothing in the MSD

Unfortunately for us to get Dean we'd have to live trade back into the draft probably early in the third round.

It's a shame when we could have had him for nothing in the MSD

That’s why I’d like to swap our 9 & either a future 2nd or 3rd. for Richmonds 15 & one of the 20’s.
First 20 in the draft bat deep, then in the 20’s we have possibly Bazzo & Dean followed by our NGA boys.

*** footnote.. if we don’t swap, am holding out for Hilder as a rookie pick.

That’s why I’d like to swap our 9 & either a future 2nd or 3rd. for Richmonds 15 & one of the 20’s.
First 20 in the draft bat deep, then in the 20’s we have possibly Bazzo & Dean followed by our NGA boys.

The issue with that is there is a big change Owens gets bid on in the early 20s so we'd end up using that 20s pick in a bid and have downgraded our first rounder for no reason.

What's the knock on Hilder?

Firstly, that's not a great idea as we'd possibly have to use it on Owens.

It's also too high for Dean, I don't think he goes top 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we doing anything with DFAs at all?

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thought we might of signed Campbell up by now...
Wonder whether we are waiting until after draft to see what happens with regard to Owens and Windy.
Or to get him onto the rookie list rather than senior list

Then what’s the point in bidding Daicos 1 or Darcy 2 just to screw over the dogs/pies. JUH at 1 just to f with the dogs last year.
Daicos and JUH were/are very clearly the best players in their respective drafts. Adelaide didn’t bid on JUH just to screw the dogs over.

Then what’s the point in bidding Daicos 1 or Darcy 2 just to screw over the dogs/pies. JUH at 1 just to f with the dogs last year.
Daicos and Darcy will be bid on that early because that's where clubs would rank them if they weren't already linked to clubs. Same with JUH.

Would a club bid on Owens if they saw us trade in a pick in the 20s just to fu** us over?
Im pretty sure its only BF posters that think everyone is out to get us , I doubt any club would give Two Fecks about who we do or don't draft

High draft prospects are bid on with the express view that they would not get them. Once selecting a player not in the first round you a liable to get a player you don't really want, see Mosquito, Biggy.
Richmond and Essendon both wanted those players.

They didn't just bid on them to see over us and Hawthorn.

Essendon did not want Mosquito. Richmond maybe, but he has done nothing is now gone.
Hawthorn knew Essendon were keen on Mozzie leading up to the draft. It's a myth they didn't want him.

Biggy hasn't turned out well for Richmond but I doubt they bidded on him just to screw us over.

Hawthorn knew Essendon were keen on Mozzie leading up to the draft. It's a myth they didn't want him.

Biggy hasn't turned out well for Richmond but I doubt they bidded on him just to screw us over.

We could have matched for Biggy if we wanted him, and in a lot of drafts a pick in that range would have been fine.
Just happened they had their eyes on Leo, who still seems very promising. Good decision not to match by our recruiters.

Nothing to do with screwing us over, the only one who plays that game is Dodoro, and it is a complete myth they wanted Mosquito, it was a ploy designed to get Hawthorn to use 52 whom they wanted for jacob koschitzke and wanted to use 63 on Mosquito. Weren't willing to give up 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back